Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's game week!

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Careful throwing a term like "respected" out there. It's actually mutton on a stick but mutton turns some people off. Sheep are locally raised and damn they taste good. Just had a sirloin steak for lunch. Go Jacks!!!
    No problem, I just don't like the idea of Jacks, or Jackrabbit fans, as sacrificial lambs, go JACKS.

Comment

Got my press credentials waiting for me at the stadium, I'm ready to go!
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        I need to get in with this tailgate group! We'll be having burgers/brats or whatever a broke grad school kid can afford!
        We're going with Jerk Chicken Thigh Kabobs with Mango-Habanero Sauce and Beef Sliders with Bourbon Carmelized Onions for the main dishes this weekend. I think we'll have some brats going too.

However, I do plan to swing by the Yankton Jackrabbit Club to sample jackmd's fair, it he allows me. I tried a few eats at his spot last year and can say it was delicious. Everyone is welcome to swing by our spot and try something if they wish. We are in the northeast corner of the priority lot. You will know the spot by the vast quantities of beer being consumed.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Its time to get things going. Not sure what is on the menu but since they are the Thunderbirds it will probably be some sort of Thunderchicken themed menu. Served on blue and yellow plates of course. I need to start marinating tonight. Thunderbird is not tender!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Dang it, now I am hungry for chislic.....and a beer to go with it.

Any time you can eat seasoned meat on a stick, that is never a bad thing.

I really don't think there are enough meats on a stick.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This will be my first season tailgating without FEVER so I hope it all goes okay! We are doing burgers and potatoes.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
                What's wrong with lamb chislic, it doesn't get anymore South Dakota than chislic, the food was invented here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chislic
                It's not the chislic it's the lamb, but obviously you missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                  Its time to get things going. Not sure what is on the menu but since they are the Thunderbirds it will probably be some sort of Thunderchicken themed menu. Served on blue and yellow plates of course. I need to start marinating tonight. Thunderbird is not tender!

SUPERBUNNY
                  It will be after the game.

Comment

Lets try to keep in mind that SUU is picked to win the Great West. That would be similar to say the NSIC and would put them at the bottom of the MVFC. I pick the Jacks to win.
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Has anyone set up a tv for tailgating? We are planning on doing so and plan to use an antenna to pick up channels. Is this feasible? Anyone had luck with this? Any recommendations would be appreciated, outside of getting a satellite dish.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        Has anyone set up a tv for tailgating? We are planning on doing so and plan to use an antenna to pick up channels. Is this feasible? Anyone had luck with this? Any recommendations would be appreciated, outside of getting a satellite dish.
                        Never tried with just an antenna, have used the satellite dish with great success. Need some shade to cut down on glare so bring a canopy. I would think with the new digital signal a good antenna should pull in the local stations. I use powered digital antenna at home and get 20 plus regular and HD channels.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
                          No I got the joke, it's just that I don't really get why people think lamb is some sort of fancy meat. I got my Meat Science degree from SDSU and now am going after my Meat Science Masters at Arkansas and I try to make lamb as much a part of my diet as beef or pork. It's my theory that people just don't know how to cook lamb except for maybe chislic, and defer to having it at white table cloth restaurants. But I digress, back to Jacks slapping SUU around.
                          Ok, let me be perfectly clear, (Barack Obama speak) I was raised on a SD farm, we raised sheep. The point I poorly was trying to make is that lamb/sheep are generally meek and mild creatures. Which aren't bad human traits, EXCEPT, on the football field. That is why I kiddingly responded to Jackmd. When we think of tailgating we generally are cooking manly food. Lamb, is a fine choice, but not my choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                            Lets try to keep in mind that SUU is picked to win the Great West. That would be similar to say the NSIC and would put them at the bottom of the MVFC. I pick the Jacks to win.
                            Let's not be too quick to be dismissive of the Great West, which we helped start, and particularly Southern Utah. In last year's final Sagarin Football Rankings, SIU was ranked ahead of four MVFC schools (at 132nd), and just 9 spots behind SDSU (123). Northern Iowa was 124, Montana 125, and then there were four BCS schools and two FCS schools between Montana and Southern Utah. IMO they will bring a competitive program to CAS on Saturday. If we can get pressure on the quarterback, we should do OK, but if not, our inexperience in the secondary could prove troublesome. Having said all that, I expect us to win...GO JACKS!

Comment

The Thunderbirds are a great opponent and they will come into this game thinking they're going to win. I predict a tough game that may not be decided until the final few minutes (when the Jacks score the go-ahead touchdown).

Saturday's forecast as of 1:00 p.m. today (Tuesday) is a high of 70 with a few showers...precipitation chance 30%. Sounds like great football weather!

Comment

Any word on how tickets are selling?
                                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X