Fall camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall camp

Camp starts early this year. Three more weeks!!!

Why has the team chatter been so low this summer?

Last year the chatter was loud and the press coverage was a lot heavier. TV was writing articles about the Seniors leading the team over the summer. Rah! Rah! We came to find out at the end of the season that Stig did not like the attitude of some players. They did not buy in to the Jack's way. The season was disapointing.

This summer there has been very little chatter. TV has written next to nothing about the Seniors leading the team workouts. Very quiet. We had some news about players leaving the team. All very business like.

Is this some calculated move by Stig to focus the players and keep everything in house?

Or is TV lacking and not writing the football articles on his own accord? Please refrain from telling me how poor the coverage was before TV came here. He gets paid to cover the Jacks, the players don't get paid to play. I'd like more football coverage from him. More articles. There is no reason that we as fans can't expect better off season press coverage. D-1 schools have off season press coverage. We should expect it at SDSU also.

Even the board has been quiet this summer. No hard news beyond TOB's mono or Dijon Starr leaving.

Regardless - in three weeks the pads will begin popping. The freshman will be wide eyed and the Seniors will be hungry to leave the last mark on their legacy.

It is getting time for some football!!!! I don't like cheerleading, but I feel football in the air now that the days are getting shorter.

Why do all of you in the Jack's nation think that the media coverage and the chatter is so down this year?

Re: Fall camp

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
    Camp starts early this year. Three more weeks!!!

Why has the team chatter been so low this summer?

Last year the chatter was loud and the press coverage was a lot heavier. TV was writing articles about the Seniors leading the team over the summer. Rah! Rah! We came to find out at the end of the season that Stig did not like the attitude of some players. They did not buy in to the Jack's way. The season was disapointing.

This summer there has been very little chatter. TV has written next to nothing about the Seniors leading the team workouts. Very quiet. We had some news about players leaving the team. All very business like.

Is this some calculated move by Stig to focus the players and keep everything in house?

Or is TV lacking and not writing the football articles on his own accord? Please refrain from telling me how poor the coverage was before TV came here. He gets paid to cover the Jacks, the players don't get paid to play. I'd like more football coverage from him. More articles. There is no reason that we as fans can't expect better off season press coverage. D-1 schools have off season press coverage. We should expect it at SDSU also.

Even the board has been quiet this summer. No hard news beyond TOB's mono or Dijon Starr leaving.

Regardless - in three weeks the pads will begin popping. The freshman will be wide eyed and the Seniors will be hungry to leave the last mark on their legacy.

It is getting time for some football!!!! I don't like cheerleading, but I feel football in the air now that the days are getting shorter.

Why do all of you in the Jack's nation think that the media coverage and the chatter is so down this year?
    You need to read TV's blog. He stated on there a few times that he is working on a huge project this summer that takes up almost all of his time. He specifically said in his blog that coverage would be down over the summer because of this. He gave us a head's up, but he still makes an effort to get some info out on the blog.

As for why the chatter has been down - Before last season we had just made the playoffs for the first time since Jimmy Carter was President. Obviously, we had high hopes going into the 2010 campaign given the prior season's accomplishments. When things went as bad as they did last year, some people may have had some wind taken out of their sails. Tempered expectation may be the best way to view the upcoming season. There are a ton of unknowns at this point.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I'm a bit worried about how the Jacks will do this season. TOB was either on or badly off last season. Will he get the kind of protection that he needs. We lost both our #1 and #2 running backs, and move more of a scat back than a bruiser (like Minett) in as lead running back. If we need to transfer from a running O to a pass O, will Jacks be ready? NDSU and UNI bring back young, play-off experienced teams, but Jacks get these two teams in Brookings. Need to win these two!

One of these years, I dream that we'll surprise an BCS team. Is Ill ready for the Jacks, or can JacKs steer through for a win?

IMHO, I suspect that Jacks will have a another 5-6 or 6-5 season, and be about 4-4 in MVFC action.

Comment

I tend to agree. Offensively our O-Line will be very big and with a quicker RB maybe we can be successful on the ground. Whoever the QB is he has to do better or again we are in trouble. Defensively our LBer's look solid but losing Jeske and Brodie in the secondary will certainly hurt us. The fact that we have 3 out of our first 4 games on the road does not sit well with me. Need to get a split there and of course the most important of the 4 being the conference game in week 4.

Comment

Bring your concerns up with the Argus Leader/Brookings Register/KELO/etc. Let them know you are dissappointed with their coverage. TV was pulled off the SDSU beat for the summer for some "big" project. I am sure it's Stu's fault.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            Bring your concerns up with the Argus Leader/Brookings Register/KELO/etc. Let them know you are dissappointed with their coverage. TV was pulled off the SDSU beat for the summer for some "big" project. I am sure it's Stu's fault.
            Not quite sure there is a project in this region that is "big" enough to require that kind of commitment. With the newspaper economics being what they are,could it be that TV was put on a bit of a furlough,since summer is a down time for college sports ? Whatever the reason,I would guess he might be enjoying some extra family time,which is well-deserved after everything they have been through in the past year.

Comment

I don't think he is getting time off. He ws on 1240 yesterday and when it was mentioned that fall media day was only 25 days away, his response was something to the effect that he has an awful lot to get done before then.

Comment

If you read his blog or twitter you would know he is on vacation this week. I don't think the man ever really takes vacation as he always has something going on. I think it's ridiculous to question his committment to SDSU sports. He has a family that deserves some of his time too and this major project (anxious to find out what it is) that he warned us early on he'd be focusing on this summer. You wanna whine about team coverage........try being a yote fan.

Comment

Hunch: The performance on the field the previous year.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Bring your concerns up with the Argus Leader/Brookings Register/KELO/etc. Let them know you are dissappointed with their coverage.
                    The only way to get what we want is to speak up and tell someone. I live in MN so I made sure to send a couple 'thank you' emails to FSN when they started showing JackRabbit Insider.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                      If you read his blog or twitter you would know he is on vacation this week. I don't think the man ever really takes vacation as he always has something going on. I think it's ridiculous to question his committment to SDSU sports. He has a family that deserves some of his time too and this major project (anxious to find out what it is) that he warned us early on he'd be focusing on this summer. You wanna whine about team coverage........try being a yote fan.
                      Quite right. With TV, coverage of SDSU in the Argus has improved while coverage of nearly everything else by the Argus has gone down hill. The Argus seems to beat even the Journal on SDSU. And still, the best coverage of USD is by the Press & Dakotan.
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                        Bingo, 76. I am not the least bit disappointed in the coverage SDSU receives... nor, I'll bet, is anybody in the athletic department. Not sure where this gripe is coming from. It's mid-July. The campus is a ghost town. And, as 76Rabbit notes, if you follow TV on Twitter or Facebook, you get something about SDSU pretty much every day even when he's on furlough or staycation.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            Bingo, 76. I am not the least bit disappointed in the coverage SDSU receives... nor, I'll bet, is anybody in the athletic department. Not sure where this gripe is coming from. It's mid-July. The campus is a ghost town. And, as 76Rabbit notes, if you follow TV on Twitter or Facebook, you get something about SDSU pretty much every day even when he's on furlough or staycation.
                            I agree. I speaking in general terms, but if we end up with a losing season do we still expect front page coverage? Will we care what kind of uniforms were worn? I hope this not the scenrio to expect for this season, but it could happen with with injuries and what have you. I hope everyone is still a fan at that point in time. I know I will be here posting and hopeful of a great season.

Comment

With another BRUTAL schedule my hope is that we have a winning season.

Comment

Working...
                              X