Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU Pro Day

Originally posted by bunnybacker05 View Post
    LOL! whatever you are on...you need to get off quick because your perception of reality is completely off. NFL have 53 man rosters and he might become the 1st person on the face of the earth to ever not even play in an FCS football game to an active nfl roster. If he was that incredible of a fball or bball player why did he come to sdsu in the first place?
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

LOL! whatever you are on...you need to get off quick because your perception of reality is completely off. NFL have 53 man rosters and he might become the 1st person on the face of the earth to ever not even play in an FCS football game to an active nfl roster. If he was that incredible of a fball or bball player why did he come to sdsu in the first place?
      If anybody can do it, Dale Moss will have done it next year.

Book it!
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

People, give me a break. Sure Dale is a good athlete but you are jumping to conclusions based on statements from a guy via his twitter that has been at SDSU for 4 years and has yet to play a meaningful snap on offense. I agree dale is a great athlete, but hasnt even shown he can play division 1-aa football let alone professional football. No develpmental league would even take him serious despite what you think from one day of testing.
        Renaldo Nehemiah?
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Chuck Norris could pull it off....

Comment

Not saying Dale can make that jump, but I don't believe TE Antonio Gates ever played college football and he turned out to be an alright NFL pro.

Comment

If Jimmy Rogers couldn't make it why would we think Chuck Norris could?

Catching a football is like riding a bike. If you're good at it you never forget. Trust me, I haven't played in 16 years but I'd put my ablility to still pull in a pass against anyone suiting up at SDSU today. Not saying I can run a route, but I still got the hands.

I've never seen Moss in action in person, but if he's got the athletic chops to play DI basketball I'm guessing he can impress in "workouts". And anyone that thinks he shouldn't be given a chance to make the football team is an idiot. PM me if you'd like to argue against me off line, but isn't the goal to put the best 11 guys on the field at any one time and if we have a high caliber athlete like Moss on campus that wants to play shouldn't he at least get the opportunity. What's the difference between him and a preferred walk-on. At least Moss was good enough to earn a scholarship in a DI sport.

Hope that some of the guys impressed enough to get a look at the next level. If anyone doubts the "small school" success they've obviously forgotten two impact players on Super Bowl champions that SDSU put out in Timmerman and Vinatieri.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

agree

Comment

"Hope that some of the guys impressed enough to get a look at the next level. If anyone doubts the "small school" success they've obviously forgotten two impact players on Super Bowl champions that SDSU put out in Timmerman and Vinatieri." - CatchEmAll

Don't forget about Hall of Famer Jim Langer. He is a classic from decades ago, but there are only a few people who could say they have a Super Bowl ring and played on the only undefeated team in NFL history.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                    Not saying Dale can make that jump, but I don't believe TE Antonio Gates ever played college football and he turned out to be an alright NFL pro.
                    I was thinking that too, so I looked it up.

Gates went to Michigan State to try to play football for Nick Saban and basketball for Tom Izzo. Saban said no, and Gates left for Kent State, where he had a pretty good basketball career. He went undrafted and the Chargers picked him up.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                      Don't forget about Hall of Famer Jim Langer. He is a classic from decades ago, but there are only a few people who could say they have a Super Bowl ring and played on the only undefeated team in NFL history.
                      Didn't mean to exclude Langer. He's the best of SDSU's best. Was thinking more of recent memory, but thank you for bringing this up as well.
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                        If Jimmy Rogers couldn't make it why would we think Chuck Norris could?

Catching a football is like riding a bike. If you're good at it you never forget. Trust me, I haven't played in 16 years but I'd put my ablility to still pull in a pass against anyone suiting up at SDSU today. Not saying I can run a route, but I still got the hands.

I've never seen Moss in action in person, but if he's got the athletic chops to play DI basketball I'm guessing he can impress in "workouts". And anyone that thinks he shouldn't be given a chance to make the football team is an idiot. PM me if you'd like to argue against me off line, but isn't the goal to put the best 11 guys on the field at any one time and if we have a high caliber athlete like Moss on campus that wants to play shouldn't he at least get the opportunity. What's the difference between him and a preferred walk-on. At least Moss was good enough to earn a scholarship in a DI sport.

Hope that some of the guys impressed enough to get a look at the next level. If anyone doubts the "small school" success they've obviously forgotten two impact players on Super Bowl champions that SDSU put out in Timmerman and Vinatieri.
                        Sounds like you should have been trying out at pro day! (-;

Comment

Haven't been able to gather any pro day numbers yet. The only thing I've seen is that Cole Brodie ran a 4.4

Comment

Just found some other info too from NFL.com's Gil Brandt.

Both players numbers stack up very well against the players form the NFL combine earlier in the spring. Especially Colin's numbers, they might be good enough to get him drafted.

Colin Cochart, 6'4 3/8", 255

40 yd dash: 4.71
                            3-cone: 6.98
                            short shuttle: 4.23
                            Vertical: 35"
                            broad jump: 9'10"
                            225 bench: 29 reps

Derek Domino, 6'3", 231
                            40 yd dash: 4.69
                            3-cone: 7.18
                            short shuttle: 4.20
                            Vertical: 33.5"
                            broad jump: 10'
                            225 bench: 20 reps

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/03/22/sout...after-pro-day/

The teams at the workout via Terry V:
                            Jaguars, Vikings, Chiefs, Packers, & Cowboys
                            Last edited by mitchell; 03-23-2011, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Some more stats for Cole:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...strong_workout

Cole Brodie - 5'10" 188

40 yd Dash: 4.41
                              Bench Press: 16 reps

Also looks like the Jets & Bucs were at the Pro Day brining the scouts to 7.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                                The good NFL teams are going to find the players. How do you think the Packers won the Super Bowl with all of their injuries? I respect your opinions very much, but the last thing I'd worry about is the NFL teams' budgets. Domino did work out at the Gophers NFL day. The NFL gets very good value from the UFA's and late round picks. The odds of making the NFL are extremely long. In my opinion, Mitch Erickson was a tremendous O lineman. What happened to Mitch?

SDSU is not a little university. There are many outstanding NFL players from the D1 FCS. If we were a DII school, then your point may have validity.
                                I said I found it fascinating, just the manpower and $'s it takes to do it. If you think about it. I know they have money(or at least maybe they do...not sure they haven't opened the books up for the unions to see yet) I know they do their homework....I just wonder how many slip through the cracks still? It's just interesting is my point. You are correct there are extremely long odds to play in the NFL, it's amazing when I see some players and say "Man he'll be playing on Sunday!" and then they never do. It's all just very interesting stuff.

I also think it's very cool how many scouts are at Pro Day....it's just one of those changes from the old D2 days.
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X