SDSU Pro Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Pro Day

Isn't today the SDSU pro day? If so, does anyone have any incite on how they are all doing and what teams have somebody in Brookings?

Re: SDSU Pro Day

Originally posted by kdybdahl View Post
    Isn't today the SDSU pro day? If so, does anyone have any incite on how they are all doing and what teams have somebody in Brookings?
    Per TV:

It's pro day at SDSU. Cochart, Minett, Domino, McKnight + Brodie working out for Jags, Vikes, KC, GB + maybe Cowboys, NO, Chargers + Colts.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I find it pretty fascinating that these teams have the money to send scouts all over the U.S. to every single little university, in hopes maybe they find one or two players.
      I wonder if SDSU works with NDSU, USD, UND and UNI on specific dates, so maybe they could bring more scouts to the area by having their pro days closer together. Seems like that would be a nice thing to do for all your athletes, regardless of conference or rivalry.
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        I find it pretty fascinating that these teams have the money to send scouts all over the U.S. to every single little university, in hopes maybe they find one or two players.
        I wonder if SDSU works with NDSU, USD, UND and UNI on specific dates, so maybe they could bring more scouts to the area by having their pro days closer together. Seems like that would be a nice thing to do for all your athletes, regardless of conference or rivalry.
        The good NFL teams are going to find the players. How do you think the Packers won the Super Bowl with all of their injuries? I respect your opinions very much, but the last thing I'd worry about is the NFL teams' budgets. Domino did work out at the Gophers NFL day. The NFL gets very good value from the UFA's and late round picks. The odds of making the NFL are extremely long. In my opinion, Mitch Erickson was a tremendous O lineman. What happened to Mitch?

SDSU is not a little university. There are many outstanding NFL players from the D1 FCS. If we were a DII school, then your point may have validity.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          Augie, USF, and I beleive USD sent players to the SDSU pro Day. I think there was around 15 athletes that were tested.

Comment

I know that NDSU had their pro day yesterday and had 6 scouts show up so maybe it's the same scouts.

Comment

I hear Dale Moss looked pretty good at Pro Day.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                I hear Dale Moss looked pretty good at Pro Day.
                Per Dom Clare's twitter:

Ill tell you what.. @DaleMoss looked like a NFL receiver testing out today
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  Per Dom Clare's twitter:

Yeah, but should he even be allowed to play on the team?
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    Per Dom Clare's twitter:

Lies, half-truths and general tom-foolery.

He hasn't even seen a football field in 4 years, I doubt Dale Moss could even catch a football, it's been so long.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Just got done talking with a couple of the guys who were at the Pro-Day and supposedly Dale was the most impressive out of all of the players working out. They were serious too. Dom's tweet made me skeptical that they were just messing around, but it sounds like he was really impressive.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

People, give me a break. Sure Dale is a good athlete but you are jumping to conclusions based on statements from a guy via his twitter that has been at SDSU for 4 years and has yet to play a meaningful snap on offense. I agree dale is a great athlete, but hasnt even shown he can play division 1-aa football let alone professional football. No develpmental league would even take him serious despite what you think from one day of testing.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnybacker05 View Post
                          People, give me a break. Sure Dale is a good athlete but you are jumping to conclusions based on statements from a guy via his twitter that has been at SDSU for 4 years and has yet to play a meaningful snap on offense. I agree dale is a great athlete, but hasnt even shown he can play division 1-aa football let alone professional football. No develpmental league would even take him serious despite what you think from one day of testing.
                          I don't think anyone here thinks he'll be in the NFL.

We're just making light of the fact that certain posters believe him even trying out for the team is a huge detriment and slap in the face to the other players.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by bunnybacker05 View Post
                            Bull****. I know for sure that if the NFL was for sure having games next year, Dale would be on a 56 man roster. I talked to a ton of scouts that said that today.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

LOL! whatever you are on...you need to get off quick because your perception of reality is completely off. NFL have 53 man rosters and he might become the 1st person on the face of the earth to ever not even play in an FCS football game to an active nfl roster. If he was that incredible of a fball or bball player why did he come to sdsu in the first place?

Comment

Working...
                              X