X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigticket1
    replied
    Re: 2012 Recruiting List

Anyone know of any visits this week-end ? You would think there might be some since this is the last week-end before signing date that has home basketball games.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Heard Stig indicate on 910 this morning that there was a decomit. Someone who decided to play college basketball instead.
    I was just thinking about how I wanted to hear about some more verbals, but I didn't want to hear this!

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Heard Stig indicate on 910 this morning that there was a decomit. Someone who decided to play college basketball instead.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Vicks Dead PitBulls
    replied

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    And, that we've got the best qb returning in the MVFC,and that we're going to hand them their ass next year......God willing (Tebow- ism)Amen.
    Kurt Hess is the best QB in the MVFC, imo.

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Size reminds me of Derek Domino...be nice to have a tall, rangy, and fast (I assume he is quick if he has been playing DB/WR) linebacker like that again.
    - DJ Hebert, 6'2" 185 Athlete from Osseo, MN committed to UNI over SDSU.

- LB Cedric Dicke from Cannon Falls, MN has an official visit on 1/20/11

Leave a comment:

• jackrabbit1979
    replied

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Andy Moritko, a 6'4", 210 Linebacker/Tight End prospect from Totino-Grace in the the Twin Cities had this to say in a recent Gopher Hole article:

Really like the kid's build. Long frame and has plenty of room to add weight. He played WR and DB in high school, so he should have some ball skills that will come in handy when dropping in zone coverage as a linebacker, if that's where he ends up playing.
    Size reminds me of Derek Domino...be nice to have a tall, rangy, and fast (I assume he is quick if he has been playing DB/WR) linebacker like that again.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

[QUOTE=jackdaniel;193416]And, that we've got the best qb returning in the MVFC,and that we're going to hand them their ass next year......God willing (Tebow- ism)Amen.[/QUOTE

Its going to take more than Tebow's prayers to beat the Bison. They dont loose that many seniors. Halloway, Boyer and Mc Norton, Veldman, and a few lesser known guys. The Bison will be trouble next year when we go to their house.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    This is where NDSU winning the national championship might actually HELP with SDSU's recruiting.

I had read a Gopher Hole article earlier in the year on Moritko and he mentioned Air Force and NDSU were on the top of his list.

So it might be that if NDSU were to offer Moritko he'd choose the Bison, but now that NDSU has won the championship, they are going to be able to extend their reach and grab the best players they can. And that could leave a solid, local recruit like Moritko to get passed up by NDSU and he could end up coming to SDSU.

It also doesn't hurt for SDSU to to tell recruits that they're #1 rival is the national champion Bison.
    And, that we've got the best qb returning in the MVFC,and that we're going to hand them their ass next year......God willing (Tebow- ism)Amen.

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Andy Moritko, a 6'4", 210 Linebacker/Tight End prospect from Totino-Grace in the the Twin Cities had this to say in a recent Gopher Hole article:

Really like the kid's build. Long frame and has plenty of room to add weight. He played WR and DB in high school, so he should have some ball skills that will come in handy when dropping in zone coverage as a linebacker, if that's where he ends up playing.
    This is where NDSU winning the national championship might actually HELP with SDSU's recruiting.

I had read a Gopher Hole article earlier in the year on Moritko and he mentioned Air Force and NDSU were on the top of his list.

So it might be that if NDSU were to offer Moritko he'd choose the Bison, but now that NDSU has won the championship, they are going to be able to extend their reach and grab the best players they can. And that could leave a solid, local recruit like Moritko to get passed up by NDSU and he could end up coming to SDSU.

It also doesn't hurt for SDSU to to tell recruits that they're #1 rival is the national champion Bison.

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

GH: What offers do you have right now?
    Moritko: Air Force and South Dakota State.

GH: What is the latest on your recruitment right now?

Moritko: It has been about the same with all the schools and everything. I am hearing a little bit from Western Michigan. South Dakota State, I took a visit there. I liked it there.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Duke Anyanwu had an official visit to South Dakota State

Here's an interview with him at Gopherhole: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa...t-at-Minnesota

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
    WR Edgar Poe 6'3 180 from Cienega HS in Arizona has an offer from us now.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5506129

Middle name Allen? I like that, that is a name Edgar you don't hear enough of. SDSU could use an Edgar, plus some good schools are looking at him, I think would be a nice addition.

Leave a comment:

• sdjackfan40
    replied

WR Edgar Poe 6'3 180 from Cienega HS in Arizona has an offer from us now.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5506129

Leave a comment:

• nflbison
    replied

sounds like the case, and yes rocori looked great in the playoffs

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

High school players are to some extent whatever they make of themselves when they come out of college. Kids who aren't "D-I material" talk their way into walking onto D-I programs and wind up starting. Other "can't-miss D-I prospects" wind up playing out their college careers at NAIA schools or even out of college athletics entirely.

There's really no such thing as a "D-I high school player" or anything else like that.

There is only the level of expectations that get attached to a particular high school athlete's name. And all that really is, is somebody else's judgment of the kid's potential, and that judgment is only as good as the person doing the judging. And even coaches, who have the biggest possible motivation to get it right, get potentials wrong--they do it all the time, both on the upside and on the downside.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X