Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Recruiting List

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Couldn't find an individual highlight reel on Dallas Brown, but found his team's highlight video on youtube.

Dallas wears jersey #1 and is the QB.

I didn't see Mr. Brown play any defense on the video, but he displays a lot of athleticism as a QB.
    He certainly looked like he was playing on another level. His film reminded me of last years recruit Jimmie Forsythe. If safety doesn't work out, this kid defiantly would look comfortable with the ball in his hands at WR or RB.

Comment

arent you surprised at the lack of minnesota kids to sdsu this year? and the rocori kid was a d2 according to the sc times (his hometown newspaper)

I just am really surprised, honestly. ndsu only has 3, but I'd think both schools would have 5-8 wouldnt you.

Comment

Originally posted by nflbison View Post
        arent you surprised at the lack of minnesota kids to sdsu this year? and the rocori kid was a d2 according to the sc times (his hometown newspaper)

I just am really surprised, honestly. ndsu only has 3, but I'd think both schools would have 5-8 wouldnt you.
        I think Coach Kill at Minnesota might be having some affect on this. He seems to be offering kids in Minnesota that would have probably never even seen interest from Coach Brewster (this is a good thing for the Gophers btw).

MAC schools are also throwing around more offers in Minnesota this year than in years past, so that could have something to do with it as well.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
          He certainly looked like he was playing on another level. His film reminded me of last years recruit Jimmie Forsythe. If safety doesn't work out, this kid defiantly would look comfortable with the ball in his hands at WR or RB.
          What's he got to be defiant about? He just got a scholarship to a great school...

Comment

Who cares what the newspaper says? Its the coaches that evaluate talent. There are tons of kids that are considered 5 star recruits that never pan out and others with little recognition that end up starring.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              Who cares what the newspaper says? Its the coaches that evaluate talent. There are tons of kids that are considered 5 star recruits that never pan out and others with little recognition that end up starring.
              Talking about 5 star kids not panning out. ESPN insider had a review of the 2008 ESPNU150 recruits and how they panned out. After the top 5 there are many busts with a few successful people sprinkled here and there. Pretty interesting, heres the article:http://insider.espn.go.com/college-s...dwin-top-stars
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I read somewhere that Minnesota is down this year as well in general. That could be a factor as well.

Comment

Are you suggesting the Saint Cloud Times is a resource for recruiting evaulations? LOL!

Isn't this the same paper that had a columnist ridicule NDSU for transitioning to D1? Something about how NDSU would never compete for championships. They were right about that!
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

SDSU has offered a LB out of Omaha

OLB - Mitch McCann 6'2" 225, Omaha, NE (Burke) http://bit.ly/eSD2VZ

Comment

Need to update the number of verbals to 11. Reminds me of Spinal Tap.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
                        Need to update the number of verbals to 11. Reminds me of Spinal Tap.
                        I love spinal tap. Its almost as good as a mighty wind.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Saw this today: "Nebraska picked up a pair of walk-on commitment from Omaha Burke RB's Jordan Nelson and Carson Collins this week."

So along with King Frazier, that makes 3 walk-on RB's for Nebraska.

Has to help on our chances for Nabity.

Comment

From Dom Izzo's tweet...

"#SDSU lands a good one tonight, Totino-Grace standout Andy Moritko has verballed to the Jacks,had offer from Air Force, attended #NDSU camp"
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

That kid is huge.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                                From Dom Izzo's tweet...

"#SDSU lands a good one tonight, Totino-Grace standout Andy Moritko has verballed to the Jacks,had offer from Air Force, attended #NDSU camp"
                                Very excited about this. Kid was selected to the Kare 11 All-Metro Team in the Twin Cites and has a high ceiling.

Here is a highlight video of him:
                                http://www.hudl.com/athlete/302917/andrew-moritko
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X