2012 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Recruiting Visitor: Tackling a Maryland Jackrabbit

Hello everyone. I'm posting here for the first time because two senior HS football student-athletes from my hometown are on an official recruiting visit this weekend at SDSU. They flew all the way from Maryland. Their names are Dylan Clay and Garrett Clay - twin brothers and they are from Fort Hill High School in Cumberland, MD. To my aging knowledge, no one from this part of Maryland has ever played college football in your part of the country. Not even close. So we are all very excited to hear how their trip went. I know absolutely nothing about your program other than what I have read today via google search. I was very impressed. I hope the Clay twins are too. I know they were very excited this Friday when they left for the airport. It's my understanding from the coaches that the Clay brothers are likely to get an offer while there.

SOME PERSONAL INFO
    These are the best players to come out of Fort Hill HS in maybe a decade…this from a high school where 12,000 people attend our homecoming game. Garrett Clay has been named Times-News Player of The Year and Dylan has been tabbed Defensive Player of The Year. The Times-News covers Western Maryland and West Virginia. Garrett made first team All-State as a RB and Dylan made second team as an all-purpose back. They both have posted 4.4 forty times, bench 300 and squat 400. Their stats are off the charts. Their highlights (see link below) can show why as they are always a touchdown or interception waiting to happen. Combined through their first 10 regular season games they posted 125 carries for 2160 yards (that is 17.3 yards per carry), scored 35 touchdowns, averaged 26.9 yards per reception in a wing-t offense and recorded 9 interceptions. The amazing thing about these stats is that Fort Hill blew everyone out and these two were usually done by mid-3rd quarter. Last summer they attended the Maryland Junior Combine with 500 other high school juniors from the entire state. Garrett and Dylan finished ranked as the No. 1 and No. 7 overall player respectively at any position out of 500 seniors to be. They are a difficult task trying to get them into FBS level because they insist on sticking together as a package deal. The biggest competitors for their services would be Villanova, Akron, Marist and VMI.

It's really ironic that they are at SDSU because everyone around our part of the world, including coaches they play against, says they are like trying to catch jackrabbits. Honest

Here is a link to both of their highlights and personal info for those that are interested:
    GARRETT CLAY: http://forthillfootball.net/recruiting/garrett_clay.htm
    DYLAN CLAY: http://forthillfootball.net/recruiting/dylan_clay.htm

Thanks for letting me share here. Go Jacks!

Comment

• Re: 2012 Recruiting List

Thanks and welcome to the Board. We'll look forward to more news on the twins!

Comment

Cool. I hope the Clays have a great time on their visit. Jackrabbit footprints can be found nearly everywhere, by the way. Don't be surprised if SDSU has fans, if not former players, in your area.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Found this article about the Clay twins. Mentions they are visiting and have been told they an offer would be coming on their visit. Also mentions they are a package deal.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1316741

Comment

Not sure I've seen this before but 2 players who had offers from SDSU committed to the Yotes today.

DE - Chris Wiseman***, 6'4" 230, Lee's Summit, MO (West) http://es.pn/uI0aU4

TE - Matt Miller, 6'5" 235, Omaha, NE (Skutt Catholic) http://bit.ly/ypkocH

I don't think either even came up for a visit.

Comment

Welcome MDTerp. These two are more than welcome at SDSU. We offer a free education and we hope these young men find what they are looking for at SDSU. Both have 3.4 GPA's. This is what we are looking for at SDSU.

Comment

If coaches offer they would take it. Money is so tight at every single FCS school that getting both twins in has been hard. I have been following recruiting for over 2 decades and the Clays are the real deal. It's mind boggling to me how they fall through the cracks. If there is a high school player out there reading this...recruiting is about who you know most of the time. No different than getting a job. I don't know if they got an offer today or not. They missed their high school football banquet to fly up this weekend if that's any sign of their commitment. Very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by MDTerp View Post
                  If coaches offer they would take it. Money is so tight at every single FCS school that getting both twins in has been hard. I have been following recruiting for over 2 decades and the Clays are the real deal. It's mind boggling to me how they fall through the cracks. If there is a high school player out there reading this...recruiting is about who you know most of the time. No different than getting a job. I don't know if they got an offer today or not. They missed their high school football banquet to fly up this weekend if that's any sign of their commitment. Very frustrating.
                  Thanks for the info. I have a couple questions for you though.

Who is the better of the two? I'm assuming one of them is borderline FCS and they're trying to push both through? Secondly, they're not very tall at 5'10" and usually that means they're 5'9". What position are they being recruited for? I'm assuming RB or CB?
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                    Not sure I've seen this before but 2 players who had offers from SDSU committed to the Yotes today.

DE - Chris Wiseman***, 6'4" 230, Lee's Summit, MO (West) http://es.pn/uI0aU4

TE - Matt Miller, 6'5" 235, Omaha, NE (Skutt Catholic) http://bit.ly/ypkocH

I don't think either even came up for a visit.
                    That's disappointing. Who knows if we cooled on Miller after we signed the TE from Illinois. Obviously from an outsider's perspective who knows that happened, but I feel like SDSU should be beating USD in recruiting at this point in time.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I found it very interesting that in the article from rivals.com that I posted it was mentioned that some D2 schools stated to them they wouldn't even bother recruiting them because the coaches knew they would go D1. Hopefully they end up here!

Comment

What positions are the colleges recruiting them at? DB's or do they want to play offense?

Found this on I think it was Garrett's twitter account https://twitter.com/#!/4_CLAY/status...696768/photo/1

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          What positions are the colleges recruiting them at? DB's or do they want to play offense?

Found this on I think it was Garrett's twitter account https://twitter.com/#!/4_CLAY/status...696768/photo/1
                          Very nice! They do look good in those jerseys.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post

Interesting. Do they normally do that with players?

*Edited

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              Interesting. Do they normally do that with players?

*Edited
                              I'm not sure if SDSU normally does that for players on their official visits but I know a lot of schools do though.

Comment

QB/S Dallas Brown from Sabino HS in Tucson, AZ was on his official visit here this past weekend and received an offer.

Also in the same article WR Edgar Poe that already had an offer was on his official visit and Colorado State called and offered him. Just checked the article again because it was updated and now it does not show anything for Poe about a Colorado State offer but now states he will take a visit to Army and then to Western Kentucky.

http://hsarizona.scout.com/2/1148874.html

Last edited by sdjackfan40; 01-15-2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X