2012 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Recruiting List

WR Edgar Poe 6'3 180 from Cienega HS in Arizona has an offer from us now.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5506129

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
      WR Edgar Poe 6'3 180 from Cienega HS in Arizona has an offer from us now.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5506129

Middle name Allen? I like that, that is a name Edgar you don't hear enough of. SDSU could use an Edgar, plus some good schools are looking at him, I think would be a nice addition.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Duke Anyanwu had an official visit to South Dakota State

Here's an interview with him at Gopherhole: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa...t-at-Minnesota
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Andy Moritko, a 6'4", 210 Linebacker/Tight End prospect from Totino-Grace in the the Twin Cities had this to say in a recent Gopher Hole article:

GH: What offers do you have right now?
          Moritko: Air Force and South Dakota State.

GH: What is the latest on your recruitment right now?

Moritko: It has been about the same with all the schools and everything. I am hearing a little bit from Western Michigan. South Dakota State, I took a visit there. I liked it there.
          Really like the kid's build. Long frame and has plenty of room to add weight. He played WR and DB in high school, so he should have some ball skills that will come in handy when dropping in zone coverage as a linebacker, if that's where he ends up playing.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            Andy Moritko, a 6'4", 210 Linebacker/Tight End prospect from Totino-Grace in the the Twin Cities had this to say in a recent Gopher Hole article:

Really like the kid's build. Long frame and has plenty of room to add weight. He played WR and DB in high school, so he should have some ball skills that will come in handy when dropping in zone coverage as a linebacker, if that's where he ends up playing.
            This is where NDSU winning the national championship might actually HELP with SDSU's recruiting.

I had read a Gopher Hole article earlier in the year on Moritko and he mentioned Air Force and NDSU were on the top of his list.

So it might be that if NDSU were to offer Moritko he'd choose the Bison, but now that NDSU has won the championship, they are going to be able to extend their reach and grab the best players they can. And that could leave a solid, local recruit like Moritko to get passed up by NDSU and he could end up coming to SDSU.

It also doesn't hurt for SDSU to to tell recruits that they're #1 rival is the national champion Bison.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
              This is where NDSU winning the national championship might actually HELP with SDSU's recruiting.

I had read a Gopher Hole article earlier in the year on Moritko and he mentioned Air Force and NDSU were on the top of his list.

So it might be that if NDSU were to offer Moritko he'd choose the Bison, but now that NDSU has won the championship, they are going to be able to extend their reach and grab the best players they can. And that could leave a solid, local recruit like Moritko to get passed up by NDSU and he could end up coming to SDSU.

It also doesn't hurt for SDSU to to tell recruits that they're #1 rival is the national champion Bison.
              And, that we've got the best qb returning in the MVFC,and that we're going to hand them their ass next year......God willing (Tebow- ism)Amen.

Comment

[QUOTE=jackdaniel;193416]And, that we've got the best qb returning in the MVFC,and that we're going to hand them their ass next year......God willing (Tebow- ism)Amen.[/QUOTE

Its going to take more than Tebow's prayers to beat the Bison. They dont loose that many seniors. Halloway, Boyer and Mc Norton, Veldman, and a few lesser known guys. The Bison will be trouble next year when we go to their house.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

Size reminds me of Derek Domino...be nice to have a tall, rangy, and fast (I assume he is quick if he has been playing DB/WR) linebacker like that again.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                    Size reminds me of Derek Domino...be nice to have a tall, rangy, and fast (I assume he is quick if he has been playing DB/WR) linebacker like that again.
                    - DJ Hebert, 6'2" 185 Athlete from Osseo, MN committed to UNI over SDSU.

- LB Cedric Dicke from Cannon Falls, MN has an official visit on 1/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      And, that we've got the best qb returning in the MVFC,and that we're going to hand them their ass next year......God willing (Tebow- ism)Amen.
                      Kurt Hess is the best QB in the MVFC, imo.

Comment

Heard Stig indicate on 910 this morning that there was a decomit. Someone who decided to play college basketball instead.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Heard Stig indicate on 910 this morning that there was a decomit. Someone who decided to play college basketball instead.
                          I was just thinking about how I wanted to hear about some more verbals, but I didn't want to hear this!
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Anyone know of any visits this week-end ? You would think there might be some since this is the last week-end before signing date that has home basketball games.

Comment

There are several of them staying at the same motel at which I am staying. I don't know anything about any of them.
                              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                Duke Anyanwu had an official visit to South Dakota State

Here's an interview with him at Gopherhole: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa...t-at-Minnesota
                                Commited to Minnesota today.

Comment

Working...
                                X