Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Former Asst. Coach Trent Baalke

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
    In fairness to Coach Baalke, he hated everyone not named Jason Aune or Zach Carter.
    Funny. True. But funny.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
      I'll echo what I said when an email about this announcement was making the rounds between my former teamates and myself last week. Coach Baalke hated me when I first walked onto campus as a freshman. Then, one day in practice during my redshirt freshman year I hit QB Noel Bouche into the equipment van as he was running out of bounds, shattering the windows in the van. The hit prompted an a$$ chewing and an invitation to watch practice from the sidelines for a while from Coach Daly. It also resulted in a "that's how we play Defense at SDSU" mumble from Coach Baalke and a discreet low five from Doug Miller (coaching at the time). After that day, Coach Baalke merely tolerated me. (Also, the equipment van was not allowed to park anywhere near the field again. Noel was fine.)

In fairness to Coach Baalke, he hated everyone not named Jason Aune or Zach Carter.
      Here's what Noel's doing now: LINK
      I see he deleted the reference that went something like the following: "...and some freshman who didn't know up from down hit me in practice after I went out of bounds and was slowing down, and knocked me into the equipment van!"

Okay, serious now: another "local" connection with the 49ers: One of the team's athletic trainers is Nate Breske from Webster, SD. Nate was a quarterback at Webster and I believe at Northern State...received his doctorate in physical therapy at Nebraska and was a (top-notch) physical therapist at Watertown before the 49ers came calling.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Here's what Noel's doing now: LINK
        I see he deleted the reference that went something like the following: "...and some freshman who didn't know up from down hit me in practice after I went out of bounds and was slowing down, and knocked me into the equipment van!"

Okay, serious now: another "local" connection with the 49ers: One of the team's athletic trainers is Nate Breske from Webster, SD. Nate was a quarterback at Webster and I believe at Northern State...received his doctorate in physical therapy at Nebraska and was a (top-notch) physical therapist at Watertown before the 49ers came calling.
        Noel was a year behind me, so it must have been my sophomore year I shoved him into the van. He and I still keep in touch periodically. He's doing good things and was a great QB. Baalke hated him too.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
          Brad Seely is now headed to the Niners as well. Next thing you know, Stig will be assistant head coach to Harbaugh and Kyle Minett will be backing up Frank Gore.

http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events...b-be22e838b409

BTW I am a huge Niners fan, but don't usually say much about the pros on here with all the Vikings and Packers fans.
          Dont worry your not alone. Im a big 49ers fan, just havent had much to cheer for in the last 10 years. I see the playoffs for this team in the future if they shore up the QB position. The 49ers should trade carolina for the 1st pick, then luck can enter the draft and he can play for harbough still, who will run the same offense.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Niners fan also, only problem Goon is that Luck didn't declare and the deadline is passed. There is no way that he would last to the Niners in the supplemental draft either, and I am not sure that he could even enter that.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
              Niners fan also, only problem Goon is that Luck didn't declare and the deadline is passed. There is no way that he would last to the Niners in the supplemental draft either, and I am not sure that he could even enter that.
              Dang, I don't know what they are going to do to shore up the QB spot but they sure have a lot of good people in place now to start making good things happen.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I don't know either, although it sounds like Carson Palmer wants to go there. Not sure how they will get him though as Mike Brown says he can play for the Bengals or retire. Not sure what else is out there.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                  I don't know either, although it sounds like Carson Palmer wants to go there. Not sure how they will get him though as Mike Brown says he can play for the Bengals or retire. Not sure what else is out there.
                  I was thinking Kolb but I think he is tied up through the next year. If he was FA he would be a great get.

Comment

Awesome quote from Coach Jim Harbaugh about Trent Baalke and his performance during this year's NFL draft for the 49ers.

Trent Baalke was a steely-eyed missile man in this draft. It was impressive. Some of the things that happened in this draft, a lot of people would have buckled. It was a real educational draft for me to see how he operated. If you just go down the list, Aldon (Smith) was there. There were teams that felt the way I feel about not getting Owen Marecic, right behind us, lined up. Same thing with (QB) Colin (Kaepernick), they were diving in. Three, four teams were diving in to get him and we got him one pick before we couldn’t have gotten him.
                    http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2...r-49ers-draft/

Comment

Working...
                    X