X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Asst. Coach Trent Baalke

http://sfo.scout.com/2/1034747.html

Pretty cool story!

Trent Baalke, a former SDSU Assistant Coach, is apparently in line tobecome the GM of the San Fransico 49ERS.

Trent has kept close ties with SDSU over the years. He has come back to be a part of the Stan Marshall event many times.

Always great to see a Jackrabbit doing great things! You really can go anywhere from here!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: Former Asst. Coach Trent Baalke

Geez. after I posted this I noticed the thread on alumni. Mods, feel free to move this if you feel appropriate.

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      http://sfo.scout.com/2/1034747.html

Pretty cool story!

Trent Baalke, a former SDSU Assistant Coach, is apparently in line tobecome the GM of the San Fransico 49ERS.

Trent has kept close ties with SDSU over the years. He has come back to be a part of the Stan Marshall event many times.

Always great to see a Jackrabbit doing great things! You really can go anywhere from here!

SUPERBUNNY
      AAAAAAARGHHHHHH... Fingernails on chalk board.......

Comment

Funny you should comment. I know they have changed slogans and I looked at the main SDSU webpage and it is nowhere to be found. Kind of surprised me that it wasn't prominently featured.

How about "Where heroes comlete their wardrobe"?

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
          Funny you should comment. I know they have changed slogans and I looked at the main SDSU webpage and it is nowhere to be found. Kind of surprised me that it wasn't prominently featured.

How about "Where heroes comlete their wardrobe"?

SUPERBUNNY
          To continue the thread drift here. I like the ads i have seen, Be great. Start here.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

They were just going to just use "Start" but Microsoft told them not to . . .

(blatantly contributing to thread drift . . .)
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Boy to see Trent in a Brooks Bros suit is hard on the eyes, after knowing him when he did recruiting in Nebraska for SDSU. I bought him a meal or two and handed over tons of newspapers with game stories in them. He told me he read everyone of them, and I believe he did. He opened a bunch of doors for his successors in Nebraska. Trent was a real credit to the SDSU football program, its just that better things were ahead of him, and he is about there now.
              Last edited by Nidaros; 12-30-2010, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Baalke is great at evaluating talent. I hope he gets the job, and maybe with a little Luck, he'll be able to bring in Jim Harbaugh as head coach for the 49ers too.

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
                  Baalke is great at evaluating talent. I hope he gets the job, and maybe with a little Luck, he'll be able to bring in Jim Harbaugh as head coach for the 49ers too.
                  I agree, as a 49ers fan it can be a little tough recently, so would like to see that. Or Gruden, maybe Dungy if he wants to get back to coaching.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Chuck Norris has a Trent Baalke tatoo...that's how bad ass Trent was and is.

No suprise that Trent has moved his career to this level. I was fortunate to get to know him in a couple of different roles. He's a very HIGH achiever. If he doesn't land this position he will land a GM spot in the near future.
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

It's official...Baalke is the new 49er's GM.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5989634
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

A good Yahoo article on the rise of Baalke from a no-name scout to GM.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...ninersgm010611

Comment

This may have been posted already, but oh well

http://www.49ers.com/team/staff/tren...e-c5c1244cad74
                          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Looks like he got his man.

Sources: Jim Harbaugh, 49ers agree
                            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I'll echo what I said when an email about this announcement was making the rounds between my former teamates and myself last week. Coach Baalke hated me when I first walked onto campus as a freshman. Then, one day in practice during my redshirt freshman year I hit QB Noel Bouche into the equipment van as he was running out of bounds, shattering the windows in the van. The hit prompted an a$$ chewing and an invitation to watch practice from the sidelines for a while from Coach Daly. It also resulted in a "that's how we play Defense at SDSU" mumble from Coach Baalke and a discreet low five from Doug Miller (coaching at the time). After that day, Coach Baalke merely tolerated me. (Also, the equipment van was not allowed to park anywhere near the field again. Noel was fine.)

In fairness to Coach Baalke, he hated everyone not named Jason Aune or Zach Carter.
                              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                              X