Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New threads

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Your making weak attempts dude, no one if football gets hit straigth with a 2x4. I am acutally talking about how the game is played on the field. how about getting hit with a mac truck, that would be nasty too. Talk about qauilifers, most modern, which has only been a few years and not enough reserch to prove its effectiveness. 40 years of using old tech that causes more injuries to now your saying most modern.

Well works done and I am out of here. time to listen to some womens game on the radio. Go Jacks.
    Your dodge of the question is all the answer I need.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Why do Referees blow their whistles and call a play dead when a football player loses their helmet?

Comment

Is there an "ignore thread" feature in our message board software?

Comment

Between this thread, the Wegher thread and the ASU GDT thread(I'm probably responsible for that one) we've got some doozies going.

Not a happy time in Jackrabbit land IMO. Need somethings to go our way here in 2011.

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            Is there an "ignore thread" feature in our message board software?
            Why yes there is and its a handy little feature. Just go to the profile of said ridiculous poster and and click on "User Lists" and select "Add to Ignore List" and then sit back and feel the serenity!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

It’s the helmet that can be the cause of the injury, so you remove what causes the injury, then less of the injuries would happen. Simple as that. The weight and size of the helmet, allow players to use them in a way that is essentially like a weapon. If it is not as big and hard of a helmet it’s not as dangerous. Its called critical thinking, they use to teach it in college. Common Sense should teach you to figure out what the problem is, see what causes the problem, they correct what’s wrong.

Explain how the modern helmet has saved injuries? There are neck and spine injuries are a direct use of how players use the equipment. You change the equipment and how its use.
              How about when a guy gets tackled to the ground and his head whiplashes into the ground? Oh and this quote here from you
              Your making weak attempts dude, no one if football gets hit straigth with a 2x4. I am acutally talking about how the game is played on the field. how about getting hit with a mac truck, that would be nasty too.
              This is wrong. They do get hit that hard.
              G-force, a measure of acceleration against the earth’s gravitational pull, is most often associated with fighter jets or roller coasters. In those scenarios, the body takes a maximum of about 4.5g, or four and a half times the force of gravity. In car crash tests at 25 mph, dummies hit windshields at 100g.
              In football, a hit can easily jerk the head, for milliseconds, at 50g, and hits above 100g are common. One player in the study experienced 168g.
              http://college.unc.edu/features/dece...-07.0451328104
              What this article basically tells us here is your average football player gets hit hard enough many times a game to put the force of a 25 mph car accident (sometimes almost twice that according to the reasearch) with you flying into the windshield head first. What would you want to wear, a modern helmet or a leather one? Sure, the new ones lead to people using their head to hit sometimes, but really its hugely outweighed by the fact that they protect the guys much better.
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Ahhh, yes.........nothing more riveting than a 4 page thread between 2 people who lack the ability to admit they may be wrong or just plain argue for the sake of watching themselves type.

Good stuff guys, good stuff....keep up the great work.

Comment

Has SDSU ever tried yellow jerseys and blue numbers? or always been blue jerseys?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Speaking of "New Threads" why don't you guys take your safety argument or whatever the h*ll you are arguing about somewhere else.

Comment

Has SDSU ever tried yellow jerseys and blue numbers? or always been blue jerseys?
                      That would be atrocious

Comment

+1 on the attrocious thought.
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                          Ahhh, yes.........nothing more riveting than a 4 page thread between 2 people who lack the ability to admit they may be wrong or just plain argue for the sake of watching themselves type.

Good stuff guys, good stuff....keep up the great work.
                          I don't think it would have mattered if I had a leather helmet or a real one. My head still hurts after reading that mess.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

How did that conversation even last that long? Who cares? Football isn't going back to leather and helmet companies are making strides every season anyway.

Back to the original point, it's good that they are using the players as sounding boards for new jersey designs. New uniforms can be used a recruiting tool and the players on the team likely have a feel for what is cool.

Yellow tops and pants would only work if you were going to take the Oregon approach and have a new uniform combo every week. Unfortunately, I don't think SDSU has the budget for that.

Comment

I love how you talk about tradition and then bring up yellow jerseys and blue numbers

Comment

Yellow and blue are school colors..so I think goon has a valid question.

And I'm glad I ignored this thread for so long. Looks like I saved myself a lot of reading that would have given me a headache.

I think it's great that they are exploring new looks as long as they stay within the color scheme. I recall someone else commenting on how the MBB team has black uni's. Definately NOT SDSU colors, which if the FB team rolled out black uni's I'd be disappointed.
                                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Working...
                                X