New threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New threads

i like old school uni's up to a point. Have you seen some of those truly Oooold uni's of the Bears, Packers and Lions? They are flat out ugly. I also think any uniform I have seen in the past couple of years of Oregon are just plain (Charles Barkley voice) terrible. Those feathers or whatever the are on their shoulders just make them look like something a cheerleading team might wear.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      R64 makes a good point, but it seems unfair to say that only a few top programs and schools can keep the same uniform with out change. I don't care that we are new to D-1 but to have an idenity, the school, the fans, etc, should have some common traditions. Such as the Pride playing the pride is back intro before its starts its half time show, the football team wearing the same uniform. Other schools with there chants and songs they sing. Im sorry but I dont want to see SDSU be a fad just to wow over new students, The tradition of playing on natural grass for one. playing outdoors, etc. having a dome(which will never happen) or fake grass will cheapen the tradition of SDSU football IMO.
      Thanks...I needed a good laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
        Thanks...I needed a good laugh.
        Notice I never said winning tradition, honestly, playin in a dump, I mean, dome, or with fake grass, will not have to same feel to me as a fan. Laugh if you like, but our school has been playing outdoors on real grass the entire history of its program, can you say anything about your program that has stayed the same since it started? Besides athletes having run ins with the law.

Sorry, for the smack, but serious question.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Notice I never said winning tradition, honestly, playin in a dump, I mean, dome, or with fake grass, will not have to same feel to me as a fan. Laugh if you like, but our school has been playing outdoors on real grass the entire history of its program, can you say anything about your program that has stayed the same since it started? Besides athletes having run ins with the law.

Bold is key. Field turf is safer for athletes.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
            Bold is key. Field turf is safer for athletes.
            So was was playing with leather helmets.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

So was was playing with leather helmets.
              I...don't see what you're trying to do there.

Comment

You know its going to take some getting used to for me. I'm not opposed to updating the unis but those don't do a lot for me which doesn't matter. If the players picked them out then I will like them.

Go Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I...don't see what you're trying to do there.
                  Its ok, I am not really following where you were going when it was talking about tradition. I thought you were talking about whats safer for players? Originally I was talking about tradition and such, you changed it to safety, so I am going along with you.
                  Last edited by goon; 12-15-2010, 04:51 PM.

Comment

I also find it funny that you refer to the Fargodome as a dump, especially with you guys calling CAS home. Funny stuff...paint chips and all. Oh, and you play on real grass...wow...hold back my excitement. Makes me wonder if you have real grass because it is cheaper...or it gives your cheerleaders a place to gra...(oops...smacky smacky )

In all honesty, I have no problem with you stadium, etc. Just passing time and trying to make posts that will create more posts. It's gonna be a long off-season and I need to do something to pass the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                      I also find it funny that you refer to the Fargodome as a dump, especially with you guys calling CAS home. Funny stuff...paint chips and all. Oh, and you play on real grass...wow...hold back my excitement. Makes me wonder if you have real grass because it is cheaper...or it gives your cheerleaders a place to gra...(oops...smacky smacky )

In all honesty, I have no problem with you stadium, etc. Just passing time and trying to make posts that will create more posts. It's gonna be a long off-season and I need to do something to pass the time.
                      Usually around here the dump refers to the Dakota dome for USD but if you would like to classify your dome as dump worthy thats cool too. In the future hopefully near if the BOR gets its poop in a group, but we will have a new outdoor stadium, hopefully with real grass still, but the current CAS does need improvement for sure, you wont hear us deny it. I am all for the little ribbing, but its fair to debate whats important when its comes to a schools identity. having a natural grass outdoor stadium is whats important to many around here. I also feel the consistant look of a teams uniform should stay also. Its not that they become worn out style uniforms, to me they become timeless look that shows pride in where they came from.

Comment

Players come for the real grass too. Fargo dome still plays on carpet. UNI upgraded their turf in their dump too. Fargo is the last hold out for astro turf.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                          Players come for the real grass too. Fargo dome still plays on carpet. UNI upgraded their turf in their dump too. Fargo is the last hold out for astro turf.
                          Which players come for the real grass?

Comment

Its ok, I am not really following where you were going when it was talking about tradition. I thought you were talking about whats safer for players? Originally I was talking about tradition and such, you changed it to safety, so I am going along with you.
                            My point is that people want real grass because it's "tradition" or whatever, but I think we should change to field turf because it is a better surface to play on and it is safer than for the players. I realize this is off topic, but tradition for the sake of tradition is ridiculous.

Comment

When we get a new stadium, it will have field turf. That has been reported in the media by Sell a few times when discussing plans for the new stadium.

Comment

My point is that people want real grass because it's "tradition" or whatever, but I think we should change to field turf because it is a better surface to play on and it is safer than for the players. I realize this is off topic, but tradition for the sake of tradition is ridiculous.
                                What makes it "better", its just your opinion, I feel playing on real grass is a better surface to play on. Obviously you have no idea what tradition is. I know your high on how awesome fake grass is safer, but I don't hear you making an argument for going back to leather helmets, that would be safer for players too.

If playing on real grass is so dangerous to you, they probably shouldn't be playing football in the first place.

I understand you are into fads, but some, including me, feel tradition is important to keep, not just the next new thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X