Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reasons For Optimism

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
    Why even post it in the first place?? Sounds like and in house issue to me.. If the players don't buy in put someone else in to take their place. This is done at every level in sports and doesn't get posted in the paper. Makes the coaches look bad, makes the program look bad.
    I agree.. Makes the coaches look bad. They are trying to find something easy to blame so that the media and fans can see they are doing something about it but they really have no idea what went wrong. You can not blame the new faces and people that rarely impact the game. If Minett does not fumble twice against UNI and throw an interception I think we win that game or have a better chance at least. Try and tell me Minett wasn't bought in.. If Tyrel Kool would of lined up in the correct spot on the goaline against Nebraksa our touchdown would of not been called back. Tyrel was also bought in. We simply did not make the plays this year at the right times to win. We were a couple plays away from winning the conference and going to the playoffs. We dont need to go pointing fingers and eliminating people who had nothing to do with anything. If they are going to point fingers they need to point them at the people who didnt make the plays because at the end of the day it doesnt matter if you were bought in if you didnt get the job done.

Comment

With that being said I am really excited to have some depth in the o line position next year and think there should be stiff competition at the qb position as well..

Comment

I would agree that had it not been for a few mistakes in execution the season record may have had a couple of more wins and perhaps SDSU would've been in the playoffs, maybe. Still, I watched the games and it appeared to me that this team did not have the intensity of teams from the past few years. Those prior teams were obviously over achieving and this one, with noteable exceptions, was not.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
          I would agree that had it not been for a few mistakes in execution the season record may have had a couple of more wins and perhaps SDSU would've been in the playoffs, maybe. Still, I watched the games and it appeared to me that this team did not have the intensity of teams from the past few years. Those prior teams were obviously over achieving and this one, with noteable exceptions, was not.
          Last years team would not have beat Nebraska or Delaware and would have had a tough time with UNI in Cedar Falls just like any team that goes in there to play. I already look forward to next season and the improvements that will be made.

Comment

Working...
          X