X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND -- final G.D.T. for 2010

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Are these things normal at other Universities?
    No. Not at Iowa, Purdue, or Oklahoma where I have been.

Sat through the entire game. It was worth it to see Cole Brodie get a pick on his last play.

I couldn't help but think: How would this season have been different if we had a game like this one against an inferior opponent mixed into the front end of the season? I'm still miffed at the brutal early scheduling.

Still, lots of good young players out there. And hats off to the seniors. What a great bunch of guys. Big shoes for the underclassmen to fill.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      UND is not a very good football team. The UND was worthless against our defense today. Our guys played pretty loose...only took about an 85% effort against the nameless ones.
      This was my conclusion too, as the game wore on. In fact I could not count 60 guys on the sidelines and on the field, which makes one wondeer if they left some guys home. It really makes you appreciate our progress at the FCS level. I think we would have handled USD in like manner this season. I think we should replay the NDSU-SDSU game, after seeing the big egg they laid offensively in Springfield, we truley did hand them the game with our bad passing.

Comment

The wife and I sat through the entire game as well. Would have been nice to have some people in the row in front of us to block a little of the wind! Happy to see this group of seniors go out with a win after all that has been accomplished during their time at State. Who steps up to fill holes next year? Can't wait to find out!

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Also, the SDSU fanbase is comprised of what....70% sallies?

Also, the SDSU marching band is comprised of 90% sallies.

The ENTIRE band, save the drums, bailed at half. Completely left the stadium. And didn't come back. That was unreal.

Are these things normal at other Universities?

I'm sorry, but SDSU students and fans just do not have this whole D1 thing figured out.
          i just checked the box score, 3918 attendance. like it or not, with support like that i don't see a 20k stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by KI DRIVER View Post
            i just checked the box score, 3918 attendance. like it or not, with support like that i don't see a 20k stadium.
            I stayed until the end as well and gave the Jacks a standing ovation. The defense played very well against a pretty bad team. Our offense was...adequate. Nice day for Duff Man. As expected, a poor showing by the fans. That's why it's vital to get an early September home game and ditch the mid-November non-conference clunker. I know it's being addressed, but it has to happen next season.
            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              This was my conclusion too, as the game wore on. In fact I could not count 60 guys on the sidelines and on the field, which makes one wondeer if they left some guys home. It really makes you appreciate our progress at the FCS level. I think we would have handled USD in like manner this season. I think we should replay the NDSU-SDSU game, after seeing the big egg they laid offensively in Springfield, we truley did hand them the game with our bad passing.
              Luckily I was at your game with a client of mine in the toasty Dykehouse Center. Really like that facility. If the rest of your stadium upgrade matches that quality, that will be something. Nidaros, my guess is you were there too from reading your posts in the past?

Both teams looked like average to bad fb teams. I am all for cold weather football, but that was as cold of a game as I have attended in a very long time. IMO you figure out which team can play best in body-numbing conditions. SDSU was better at that. UND as you know lost the only QB on their roster - they had a converted WR flinging the ball and it showed. I also did not see Mitch Sutton for them (was he injured as well?) It is also apparent UND has finally lost their toughness that was their hallmark for years. UND is lacking overall in team speed and skill position players - if you watched the USD/UND game this year - it really showed.

Should have been an even worse stomping by SDSU. (The way UND started off the game and then holding SDSU to two FG versus TDs.)

As far as your comment that you think SDSU would handle USD - who cares? Our schools are better off with other programs to model ourselves. Compare SDSU/USD facilities to NDSU/UND. It was like an arms race between third-world countries. Beating either team would just be a win - nothing to sell commemorative videos about. I am very happy it was not USD on the field yesterday versus UND. That would have been a bad environment for the fans to enjoy what hopefully can be a fun game in the future. It could have been USD as many know - USD was trying to fill that weekend versus traveling to Lamar last week. Maybe long down the road USD and SDSU can use each other as benchmarks, but I don't see it for a decade at least.

Talking with your AD staff and USD's they both have motivated, smart leadership. Better days ahead for both programs.

As far as wanting another chance at NDSU - understandable with the result. NDSU looked like the better team that Saturday though (even without the TOB picks.) For the record I was rooting for an SDSU victory.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by usdfbalum View Post
                As far as your comment that you think SDSU would handle USD - who cares? Our schools are better off with other programs to model ourselves.
                Most intellegent thing I've seen from a USD fan in quite awhile. And, that is what SDSU has been doing the past 6 years.
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

As far as your comment that you think SDSU would handle USD - who cares?
                  I care and you guys have crabbing and complaining about SDSU did not want to play USD. I wish we had played you very year as you WOULD HAVE found out how far you and UND are both behind NDSU and SDSU. I don't care you buttered up at SDSU. Let me poise this question if UND had beaten us yesterday would you have cared?
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 11-21-2010, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I care and you guys have crabbing and complaining about SDSU did not want to play USD. I wish we had played you very year as you WOULD HAVE found out how far you and UND are both behind NDSU and SDSU. I don't care you buttered up at SDSU.
                    You guys? Don't mistake some vocal people that post on various boards for the collective feeling of the organization - should I base my opinion on your University from some of your blow hards?

I may be wrong, Nidaros - but you sound more like the old way of doing things and that is boring to most fans. It didn't work the old way - you had 100 years to show the fruits. Both Universities are in a much better spot now after the break.

As far as your statement that USD WOULD HAVE found out how far we are from your program - I don't think either fan base could predict how either SDSU or USD would play given their volitile performances this year. The only thing I found out yesterday is I like the idea of cold weather football more than actually attending a cold weather football game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros
                      You are wrong, but if you are so classy yourself then why did you write a book about yesterday?
                      All I said is based on what I saw from UND, we could have handled USD. Their athletes were slow their line really sucked. For SDSU to get six sacks is really unusual. We got one real late in the game against WIU. That tells me about the difference between MVFC and the Great West . Define the old way of doing things.
                      Your question to define the old way of doing things is easily answered

OLD Mentality = The Nidaros mentality of bring USD into a thread about the UND game. Yawn.....

Comment

Your question to define the old way of doing things is easily answered

OLD Mentality = The Nidaros mentality of bring USD into a thread about the UND game. Yawn.....
                        Oh I am so sorry. I guess I am not entitled to my own opinion on whether we might have or might not have beaten USD provided we played this year. Did someone appoint you the moderator? You mean we can not afford to have an "old school" venacular?
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 11-21-2010, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Okay, boys, take it outside.

I said earlier our team looked like it played 85% -- they weren't slacking off, it's just that the Jacks have another gear but didn't need it. In the second half, UND's defense started playing better. On the Sioux message board, one of the Sioux partisans described the UND offense as "junior high".

Comment

Oh I am so sorry. I guess I am not entitled to my own opinion on whether we might have or might not have beaten USD provided we played this year. Did someone appoint you the moderator? You mean we can not afford to have an "old school" venacular?
                            You are entitled to your opinion. And so am I. Your fixation on USD matches some at USD's fixation on SDSU.

Met a lot of charming SDSU fans at the game Saturday - must have missed you.

Comment

You are entitled to your opinion. And so am I. Your fixation on USD matches some at USD's fixation on SDSU.

Met a lot of charming SDSU fans at the game Saturday - must have missed you.
                              Yes you did.

Comment

Since it is the day after the game day, I'm closing this thread.

People can continue to discuss the UND game if they wish...somebody can start a post-game thread.

POST-SCRIPT: In the interest of full disclosure, Mrs. JackJD disagreed with closing the thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X