This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND -- final G.D.T. for 2010

Solid performance by the defense. Looked like 6 sacks and many hurries. The D did their job well and smacked the Flickertails. The offense just seemed to be missing a spark. Missed a number of chances, inconsistent, seemed content to sit on the lead in the second half.

Still there was no question which team was the better one today. Solid win.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
      Solid performance by the defense. Looked like 6 sacks and many hurries. The D did their job well and smacked the Flickertails. The offense just seemed to be missing a spark. Missed a number of chances, inconsistent, seemed content to sit on the lead in the second half.

Still there was no question which team was the better one today. Solid win.
      Agreed, I sat through it all, my toes got a little numb but otherwise it was not too bad watching the game. Not a whole lot different than Hobo Day in terms of game comfort. UND has got a good WR in Greg Hardin, a redshirt freshman. Program said he was capable of making the big plays, and if he had a better QB throwing the ball, there might have been a different score and not all of us would be shouting and cheering. Good defensive effort. Corey Jeske ordinarily No 7 was wearing Conrad Kjerstad's No 18 to day.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Agreed, I sat through it all, my toes got a little numb but otherwise it was not too bad watching the game. Not a whole lot different than Hobo Day in terms of game comfort. UND has got a good WR in Greg Hardin, a redshirt freshman. Program said he was capable of making the big plays, and if he had a better QB throwing the ball, there might have been a different score and not all of us would be shouting and cheering. Good defensive effort. Corey Jeske ordinarily No 7 was wearing Conrad Kjerstad's No 18 to day.

rep points for sitting thru the game

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          rep points for sitting thru the game
          Thanks but any loyal fan who loves cold day football would do that. I remember buying some 150 buck pair of boots for the SDSU-Morningside game the year we hired Peggy Miller. Dont recall that year I think it was 1998, but I wore them once and they stood on the shelve in Nebraska and made the move with me to Arlington. My significant other adviced me to get rid of them so I took them to the cosignment store on Main and sold them for 15 bucks. Boy I sure could have used those boots today, in fact I saw some guy wearing them. At least it looked like the pair I once owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Thanks but any loyal fan who loves cold day football would do that. I remember buying some 150 buck pair of boots for the SDSU-Morningside game the year we hired Peggy Miller. Dont recall that year I think it was 1998, but I wore them once and they stood on the shelve in Nebraska and made the move with me to Arlington. My significant other adviced me to get rid of them so I took them to the cosignment store on Main and sold them for 15 bucks. Boy I sure could have used those boots today, in fact I saw some guy wearing them. At least it looked like the pair I once owned.

He would have been shoeless by the third quarter if I were in your shoes!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
              Good win for the seniors. It was nice to see Duffy get a chance and he made the best of it. The 2nd half offensive performance was maybe the worst of the year.
              Not nearly as bad as against NDSU. The offense didn't move the ball, but at least they didn't turn it over either. Nothing wrong with playing the field position game all half with a 21-0 lead and a 10 degree wind chill.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                Not nearly as bad as against NDSU. The offense didn't move the ball, but at least they didn't turn it over either. Nothing wrong with playing the field position game all half with a 21-0 lead and a 10 degree wind chill.
                For the record, UND had one possession where they started in SDSU territory. They went three and out on it and lost 19 yards.

SDSU had six drives start in UND territory. (FG, FG, punt, Blocked FG, Punt, kneel down to end game)

I think I was most impressed by the offense putting together that 14 play drive in the second quarter to go up 21-0. Really showed that SDSU was going to stay in control.

Comment

TOB deserves a little love. He looked pretty darn good today - far better than the UND QB. For the most part, TOB made good decisions and good throws. Tyler Duffy had a very good game, too, in his first start ever.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    TOB deserves a little love. He looked pretty darn good today - far better than the UND QB. For the most part, TOB made good decisions and good throws. Tyler Duffy had a very good game, too, in his first start ever.
                    See above.

While we didn't score in the second half, give a little -- only a little -- credit to UND's defense for stiffening up. Give a lot more credit to the darned cold weather stiffening everyone up. I'm not sure how TOB's hands could work in those conditions but he did a pretty good job.

UND is not a very good football team. The UND was worthless against our defense today. Our guys played pretty loose...only took about an 85% effort against the nameless ones.

and I sat through the entire game without any schnapps.

Comment

Was at the game. I had to go to the east side to get out of the wind. It was a good game to watch. UND looked like a JV team most of the day. I got the most pleasure out of watching former SDSU GA Tim Belmore trying to get signals to his quarterbacks and they were looking at him like Coyotes trying to do algebra.

I was disappointed that Duffy got all the carries today unless Dom Clare was injured/out for some reason. He should have gotten just as many carries as Duffy would have if Minett was playing.

Missed Brodie's final pick as I was walking to the NW endzone so I could beat the large crowd out of the gate.

I agree 100% that football is a game that should be played in the elements. In fact, my fat, hairy German/Russian *ss loved playing games in the conditions like today, but they are not that much fun to watch when you are just standing there with no pre-game antifreeze in the system.

I hope the tentative depth chart for next season in on here within the week so we can see who we need to recruit and what we can look forward to next year.

Comment

Cold Cold Cold....I'm still glad I went, gonna miss going to the games until next year. Had a good time this year as usual, in spite of the record.

Would have been a little warmer had more fans showed.
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I'm sad there is no more Jackrabbit football this year.

I stood at the very top of the west side at the 50 yd line the entire game.

Had to eat my nicks double so fast I barely tasted it so I could get my hands back in their gloves.

The talent level between the two teams seemed quite obvious.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            See above.

While we didn't score in the second half, give a little -- only a little -- credit to UND's defense for stiffening up. Give a lot more credit to the darned cold weather stiffening everyone up. I'm not sure how TOB's hands could work in those conditions but he did a pretty good job.

UND is not a very good football team. The UND was worthless against our defense today. Our guys played pretty loose...only took about an 85% effort against the nameless ones.

and I sat through the entire game without any schnapps.
                            What? Did the bottle go empty already in the tailgate area?
                            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Also, the SDSU fanbase is comprised of what....70% sallies?

Also, the SDSU marching band is comprised of 90% sallies.

The ENTIRE band, save the drums, bailed at half. Completely left the stadium. And didn't come back. That was unreal.

Are these things normal at other Universities?

I'm sorry, but SDSU students and fans just do not have this whole D1 thing figured out.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                Also, the SDSU fanbase is comprised of what....70% sallies?

Also, the SDSU marching band is comprised of 90% sallies.

The ENTIRE band, save the drums, bailed at half. Completely left the stadium. And didn't come back. That was unreal.

Are these things normal at other Universities?

I'm sorry, but SDSU students and fans just do not have this whole D1 thing figured out.
                                I don't know bout that. I think more people were offended last year when less then 10K showed up on a nice day when SDSU played SIU for the conference... Its cold and the game had no meaning to it. I know its the last game of the year and a lot of really good seniors and good guys played their last games.

I think its scheduling like this that makes me scratch my head, why have this game now? Why not schedule this game before the Deleware game? I know it probably didn't work for UND or whatever but having an OoC home game for the last game of the year makes no sense, even if the weather was good and the team was going to the playoffs the chance of more then 10K showing up wouldn't be great.

Comment

Working...
                                X