Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    I'm not going to talk about a players spirit but Dom should have played. In the Indiana State game(I think), coach Stig said that he didn't want to run the Wildcat because he didn't want to wear out the RB's. In this game, he only played Duffy and gave him more carries than he's used to. Don't you think that would wear him out. Even if he got twice as many carries as he normally does, there were other carries to be had.
    Wear Duffy out for what? He's a Senior, and even if he wasn't, it's the last game of the season...

I had the same thoughts as you initially (this is a chance to get Clare some game reps), but as I thought about it more I think I agree with what the coaches did. Duffy has been a great Jackrabbit (4.0, great teammate) and has went about his business for five years with no gripes or complaints about playing time, etc. Giving him a full days work as a quasi reward in his last game as a Jackrabbit was an opportunity that presented itself when Kyle got hurt. Dom is a Junior in the program, and I'm pretty sure the coaches already know what they are going to get from him next year - or they should anyway. Even if they don't, I'm not sure him playing against a pretty poor UND squad was going to allow for any more comparison.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
      I don't think Huberts role will change much . Will continue to be a possession type guy as he lacks speed to get deep. He will catch a lot of balls i our dink and dunk offense.
      Hylland is gone, Kool back to RB. it will be Rollin(no S on the end), Hubert, and TT as our only 3 quaility WRs. I see his catches going up, maybe not yard, but a very effective possession guy. A kind of guy we really missed this year. Kool took a beating this year, thankfully he did well, but having a few guys use to TOB throws will only help this team next year.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Hylland is gone, Kool back to RB. it will be Rollin(no S on the end), Hubert, and TT as our only 3 quaility WRs. I see his catches going up, maybe not yard, but a very effective possession guy. A kind of guy we really missed this year. Kool took a beating this year, thankfully he did well, but having a few guys use to TOB throws will only help this team next year.
        I think Freshman Dom Wright has been talked about as a potential player next year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          I think Freshman Dom Wright has been talked about as a potential player next year as well.
          I believe a Schnieder is redshirting that is showing great promise as well.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
            Wear Duffy out for what? He's a Senior, and even if he wasn't, it's the last game of the season...

I had the same thoughts as you initially (this is a chance to get Clare some game reps), but as I thought about it more I think I agree with what the coaches did. Duffy has been a great Jackrabbit (4.0, great teammate) and has went about his business for five years with no gripes or complaints about playing time, etc. Giving him a full days work as a quasi reward in his last game as a Jackrabbit was an opportunity that presented itself when Kyle got hurt. Dom is a Junior in the program, and I'm pretty sure the coaches already know what they are going to get from him next year - or they should anyway. Even if they don't, I'm not sure him playing against a pretty poor UND squad was going to allow for any more comparison.
            I think Duffy didn't play quite as well at the end because he was wearing down. That is just my opinion.
            I'm sure Duffy has been a great Jackrabbit and I'm sure everybody on the team is. I like the idea of rewarding players that put their time in. I would think that getting to start the last game of your career could be considered a reward. Duffy got carries in 10 of 12 games as a sophomore and in all 12 games as a junior. It's not like he hasn't got to touch the ball in his career.
            I don't think the UND squad was that bad. Their offense was bad but their defense held their own. We got the ball on our first 2 positions inside their 25 and only came up with 6 points. After that, we blocked 2 punts and still didn't really pull away. We didn't score any points in the 2nd half so a couple carries might not have hurt anything.
            I'm just bringing up that it would have been nice to give somebody else a couple carries to keep Duffy fresh and get a few carries for somebody for next year. I'm glad he went over 100 yards. That will stick with him forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              I should have said any experienced WRs. Others I am sure have talent but are unknown till they get on the field.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

If the rumors are correct Dale Moss may be in the mix at WR next year as well. He could be a very big weapon in the red zone.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                  If the rumors are correct Dale Moss may be in the mix at WR next year as well. He could be a very big weapon in the red zone.
                  Seriously? That would be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Explain?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      Explain?
                      Umm...he's a senior.

SDSU Roster

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                        Seriously? That would be interesting.
                        TV has mentioned this in a few live chats. The interest is mutual between Dale & the football coaching staff. Like Ketty on the VB team, he would have 1 year of elgibility after the basketball season, and could participate in spring practice this year. At this point it's not a sure thing, but is something Dale is thinking about.

coming out of High School I was surprised he didn't decide to play football, since I thought he had a higher upside there.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post

Ask Milwaukee Jack - practice and game time are two differant things. Duffy had plenty of carries through out his career. He of all people would understand a back up playing. I disagree with your points. Dom Clare should have played. It will help him for next year. He carried the ball as a sophmore a lot more than as a Jr.

The only thing I can figure is that the coaches thought the game was not under control and they did not want to risk a fumble.

Comment

Did you notice?

Meadows did a cool thing and had Ryan McKnight play at tackle a little on Saturday. This allowed Ryan to have played all of the offensive line positions.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                              TV has mentioned this in a few live chats. The interest is mutual between Dale & the football coaching staff. Like Ketty on the VB team, he would have 1 year of elgibility after the basketball season, and could participate in spring practice this year. At this point it's not a sure thing, but is something Dale is thinking about.

coming out of High School I was surprised he didn't decide to play football, since I thought he had a higher upside there.
                              I think Dale would be a great asset to the football team. He is such an amazing athlete and would be tough to stop on fade plays inside the 10. USD brought a former UK basketball player to play TE for them a few years back and he was great. I think Dale could do something similar.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                                Explain?
                                Pretty sure he is a Sr. The coaches were high on him this year but a few injuries and dropped passes certianly were disapointing for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X