Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
    Thought you were trying to write a poem at first!!

I'm not that creative......

Comment

Some discussion in the closed thread about why we didn't throttle UND. My opinion, we would have won by 50 with Minett or with better QB play. UND looked a step slower at every position and couldn't cover our receivers. TOB should have had 400 yards and SDSU should have had several more scores. He consistently missed open receivers and made way too many poor throws. O-line did a great job again and Duffy just kept running even when he looked totally gassed. I've been a TOB proponent and want to continue to be but he needs to really improve this off season or it's going to be a struggle next season at QB again.

Stig mentioned the Tyrel will be back at RB next year despite the fact he is our best WR this year. Nice win but it should have been even more dominating than it was. UND has a young team but they are a long way from competing at the FCS level each week.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

There were a lot of dropped passes too. Also...not calling anyone a sally or anything....but that weather was brutally cold. IMO the wind went out of everyone's sails once we were definitively up. O could have put up more, but I think everyone was just ready to call it a day(season). I know I was. It was the coldest football experience I can remember and I was quadruple layered and the whole nine yards.
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          There were a lot of dropped passes too. Also...not calling anyone a sally or anything....but that weather was brutally cold. IMO the wind went out of everyone's sails once we were definitively up. O could have put up more, but I think everyone was just ready to call it a day(season). I know I was. It was the coldest football experience I can remember and I was quadruple layered and the whole nine yards.
          Illinois State two years ago was way colder IMO...and all Berry and our WR's did that day was score 7 touchdowns.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
            Illinois State two years ago was way colder IMO...and all Berry and our WR's did that day was score 7 touchdowns.
            Not only that, but we only drew 700 more fans to Saturday's snow-less game than we did to the 2008 ISU-red game. Ugh.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Thanks Guys for the early Christmas present. A siouxage loss

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Not only that, but we only drew 700 more fans to Saturday's snow-less game than we did to the 2008 ISU-red game. Ugh.
                That's what happens when you have two sub .500 teams playing with a 7 degree wind chill. I was actually a little surprised we drew over 4000. I was there with my wife but there were plenty of open seats around us.

Comment

Just curious - Why didn't the coaches give Dom Clare a chance?

I know Duff is a Sr. from Brooking South Dakota, but it would be nice to see what Dom could do. Not a knock on Duff at all. I think very highly of Duff.

Coaches had Dom built up like he would play. It would have been nice to give him a couple of series in the second half. Sure Dom is a team guy, but you can break a players spirit with moves like that.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post

I know Duff is a Sr. from Brooking South Dakota, but it would be nice to see what Dom could do. Not a knock on Duff at all. I think very highly of Duff.

Coaches had Dom built up like he would play. It would have been nice to give him a couple of series in the second half. Sure Dom is a team guy, but you can break a players spirit with moves like that.
                    The coaches should build up every player as if they are going to play on Saturday. Otherwise practice could be a little boring.

If a player, who hasn't played all year, gets his spirit broken because he didn't get big time minutes in the final game of the season then perhaps we have weeded out a guy that we dont' need. I think that Dom knows his role on this team and that he will have his chance.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post

I'm not going to talk about a players spirit but Dom should have played. In the Indiana State game(I think), coach Stig said that he didn't want to run the Wildcat because he didn't want to wear out the RB's. In this game, he only played Duffy and gave him more carries than he's used to. Don't you think that would wear him out. Even if he got twice as many carries as he normally does, there were other carries to be had.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                        I'm not going to talk about a players spirit but Dom should have played. In the Indiana State game(I think), coach Stig said that he didn't want to run the Wildcat because he didn't want to wear out the RB's. In this game, he only played Duffy and gave him more carries than he's used to. Don't you think that would wear him out. Even if he got twice as many carries as he normally does, there were other carries to be had.
                        I thought I heard the coaches mention, its a lot to learn to be ready for game situations. wouldnt you want a back who will probably be featured a lot next year atleast want to get a series in before his SR year? In the 4th qtr, I would have gone to all the back ups to get some reps. The Sr class had their shots, why not give some younger guys a chance to atleast hit the field on a positive note also. I guess thats why I am not a coach.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Over all UND to me looked awful. Our Oline is going to be hands down best part of the team next year, no doubt in my mind. D line was nice to see they had a good game finally. They have had series they did great in, but this is the first complete game I would say they had. This game I felt it was not TOBs fault. Tough conditions, and I felt he gave the WRs a great chance at a lot of plays. Hubert is going to be fun to watch next year as he will probably get a bigger role along with Rollins.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Over all UND to me looked awful. Our Oline is going to be hands down best part of the team next year, no doubt in my mind. D line was nice to see they had a good game finally. They have had series they did great in, but this is the first complete game I would say they had. This game I felt it was not TOBs fault. Tough conditions, and I felt he gave the WRs a great chance at a lot of plays. Hubert is going to be fun to watch next year as he will probably get a bigger role along with Rollins.
                            I don't think Huberts role will change much . Will continue to be a possession type guy as he lacks speed to get deep. He will catch a lot of balls i our dink and dunk offense.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Hubert is going to be fun to watch next year as he will probably get a bigger role along with Rollins.
                              It's Rollin no (s)...

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                                It's Rollin no (s)...
                                Oh, so it’s not plural?

Comment

Working...
                                X