Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: On to YSU and Hobo Day

Originally posted by guinzone View Post
    On our radio show tonight, Wolford once again reiterated that SDSU is by far and away the best team in the league he has faced this year. Best coaching, great strength, and hard nosed football players. Our coach loves your team lol.
    Does Wolford have a mancrush on Coach Stig????

Comment

Official weather report from the meteorologist guys:

Saturday: Occasional showers. High near 57. East southeast wind between 5 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Occasional doesn't worry me. Break out the rain gear and enjoy the day.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

Saturday: Occasional showers. High near 57. East southeast wind between 5 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

I think Hobo Day helps. People will be in town anyway and might think why not go to the game.

BTW, our survey of students showed, to our surprise, that weather is NOT a major factor in their decisions of whether or not to attend games.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Haven't been under 13k since going FCS on Hobo Day. This is the year. Today is a beautiful football (and co-ed) day. Curse you weather forecast!

The game on the field is what matters most anyways. Focused and determined Jacks. Get the Guins offense off the field on 3rd down and no extra yards after the first hit. And if it's wet, hold onto the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
            Haven't been under 13k since going FCS on Hobo Day. This is the year. Today is a beautiful football (and co-ed) day. Curse you weather forecast!

The game on the field is what matters most anyways. Focused and determined Jacks. Get the Guins offense off the field on 3rd down and no extra yards after the first hit. And if it's wet, hold onto the ball.
            I'm expecting at least 15,000. If the weather holds up I'd like to see 16,000. If the forecast was better I'd be disappointed if we didn't approach 18,000. Understand, I have high expectations when it comes to certain things.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post

We are the best 3-4 team in the FCS I can assure you of that.
              We have taken your title!

Comment

We have a better team, especially at home. Will our better team show up? I think they do. As long as nothing unusual happens (5 turnovers or 140 yards in penalties) SDSU wins by at least 10 points.

I'm concerned the weather is going to dampen attendance figures and prevent the "big crowd" from showing up. YSU won't bring any fans to bolster attendance.
                We got the 10 point win, could have been more. Attendance was about right where I expected, not 16,000 but still a top 10 #. I don't think there were 10 YSU fans there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  Passing game loosens up to complement solid running game. Cheap beer and brief drizzle keep some fair-weather fans away.

Jacks win, 34-20.
                  Attendance: 14,937
                  If Rollin makes the TD and does not drop and we get 7 not 3, you win. spot on, dang near on attendance also. Keep making predictions like that and the team follows suit we will be just fine.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Don't know just where to post this, so I'll hang it on the end of this thread...but SportsNetwork's prognosticator Craig Haley has us in the playoffs and has a current column on four teams who "turned it around". Nice things to say about SDSU. Link below:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...aley/index.htm

Comment

Working...
                    X