On to YSU and Hobo Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: On to YSU and Hobo Day

Good luck vs YSU, glad to see SDSU back on track, the playoffs are still a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post

Oh and one thing that noone has mentioned yet. YSU is a team that comes out of the gate like a ball of fire and then tend to play like crap in the 2nd half. Their last couple of losses have been a team coming back from behind from a good margin to win. Meanwhile, we tend to come out like molasses in January, have we scored in the 1st quarter yet this year? I think I heard them say that on WNAX that we haven't yet. If we let them jump to a big lead that may cause us to get away from Minnet, and we can't afford to do that IMO. But I say we weather the storm, and even score our first 1st quarter pts.

Jacks 32
      Guins 6
      This is a good reminder for those of us who won't be able to attend in person. We do start slow, YSU does start fast. Note to self, relax through the first half (unless we come out flying).

I see where the weather is supposed to be perfect, Hobo Day, 2 game winning streak I say the crowd sneaks past 16K and the Jacks win 35 - 14.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
        This is a good reminder for those of us who won't be able to attend in person. We do start slow, YSU does start fast. Note to self, relax through the first half (unless we come out flying).

I see where the weather is supposed to be perfect, Hobo Day, 2 game winning streak I say the crowd sneaks past 16K and the Jacks win 35 - 14.
        Exactly, and when you add to it YSU's tendency to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, it should help you calm down even more
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Weather is changing -- of course, it can change back, too! As of 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, predicted high has been reduced to 53 and chance of rain is 30%. The optimistic view is: temps in the 50s are perfect fall football weather and there's a 70% chance of no rain!

Comment

YSU has one bad quarter each game, the 3rd quarter, where they are being outscored by something like 35 points. However they have done very well this year in the 4th quarter.

I have a VERY hard time seeing you guys shut us down to 6 points. Hell we scored 14 on Penn State's defense!

Should be a game in the upper 20s or low 30s.

Comment

Passing game loosens up to complement solid running game. Cheap beer and brief drizzle keep some fair-weather fans away.

Jacks win, 34-20.
              Attendance: 14,937
              This space for lease.

Comment

I think it's going to be a tight game, unlike last week.

I do think we'll win, mostly because we're at home, and our ground game is starting to come to life.

But I think it's going to be tough, most likely a one score game.

Comment

We have a better team, especially at home. Will our better team show up? I think they do. As long as nothing unusual happens (5 turnovers or 140 yards in penalties) SDSU wins by at least 10 points.

I'm concerned the weather is going to dampen attendance figures and prevent the "big crowd" from showing up. YSU won't bring any fans to bolster attendance.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    (5 turnovers or 140 yards in penalties)
                    Don't worry; Wade Phillips doesn't coach SDSU /bangs head repeatedly into the wall.

I think SDSU takes care of business. I think it will be close for about two and half quarters but then the running game will start to wear them out.

I'll take SDSU by 13.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                      Don't worry; Wade Phillips doesn't coach SDSU /bangs head repeatedly into the wall.
                      Read a good quote of FB the other day. Credited to Mike Henricksen who posts here on occasion.

Something along the lines of "Wade Philips looks more like a trucker wearing a cowboy hat that says "Who Farted?" than a NFL head coach".
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        We have a better team, especially at home. Will our better team show up? I think they do. As long as nothing unusual happens (5 turnovers or 140 yards in penalties) SDSU wins by at least 10 points.

I'm concerned the weather is going to dampen attendance figures and prevent the "big crowd" from showing up. YSU won't bring any fans to bolster attendance.
                        I don't think the attendance will suffer too much (unless the forecast get's really bad). Hobo Day has had a crowd over 15,000+ every year dating back to 2006 so I'd expect more of the same. I can see something in the 14,000 range but I don't think it will drop below that.
                        “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post
                          YSU has one bad quarter each game, the 3rd quarter, where they are being outscored by something like 35 points. However they have done very well this year in the 4th quarter.

I have a VERY hard time seeing you guys shut us down to 6 points. Hell we scored 14 on Penn State's defense!

Should be a game in the upper 20s or low 30s.
                          By the same token we held Nebraska to only 17 and Martinez to under 100 yds.
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

“I’ll tell you this — I think they’re the best team in the league we have played,” said YSU coach Eric Wolford, who has already played Southern Illinois, Missouri State, North Dakota State and Western Illinois. “I think it’s very clear on film.”

YSU has some deep respect for the Rabbits.

Comment

Weather appears to be changing. High 56 with 70% chance of showers.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post
                                “I’ll tell you this — I think they’re the best team in the league we have played,” said YSU coach Eric Wolford, who has already played Southern Illinois, Missouri State, North Dakota State and Western Illinois. “I think it’s very clear on film.”

YSU has some deep respect for the Rabbits.
                                Played? as in last year?

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                                Weather appears to be changing. High 56 with 70% chance of showers.
                                all the better for the run game...

Comment

Working...
                                X