Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cowbells

Originally posted by landmark View Post
    greetings jackrabbits, as a former member of the gameday operations staff at siu, I though i would add my two cents. As shown they are banned by conference rule. From what I was told if you allow things like cowbells and such people would try to take it a step further like air horns and whistles. One year we were playing the university of Tennessee-martian in the playoffs, their fans tried to bring in trash bags full of milkjugs full of large rocks which they called spirit shakers, and also they wanted to bring in spirit sticks which were 3 foot long 2x4 boards painted in their school colors. One guy actually wanted the cops called because we wouldn't let him bring his spirit stick in
    So cowbells are gateway noise devices?
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
      If the rest of the teams in the league can use them, by God, we can, too. Last year, Youngstown fans were using them when we played in Ohio. Last night, Western fans used them at our place. If I know of those two instances, I would bet there are others.

Bring the bells for Hobo Day, kids. Ring 'em loud. We've played by the rules, but if others don't...we don't.

lol yes i guess so

Comment

Originally posted by landmark View Post
        lol yes i guess so
        We all have an uncle who loves the bells at church a little too much. Or an aunt who plans annual trips to Philly to fondle the Liberty Bell. No doubt it all started with a cowbell.

Time for an intervention.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Hmm. Rule said "cow bells" didn't say a thing about-

Rodeo Bull Bell

Comment

With the discussuion of bells on this thread as well as someone's reference to the Liberty Bell in particular - I thought many on here would find the following interesting/funny/disturbing:

Did you know a few years back a man attacked the Liberty Bell in Philly with a Hammer? That guy was a former member of the USD fb team. Yes he was crazy, then too if you were wondering. His nickname was bug-eater. Why you ask? Well, he would eat bugs.

Always wondered if those damn bells the SDSU crowd would ring at our games finally got to him.......

What a strange world.

Good luck this week. Should be exciting games for both SDSU and USD.
            Will be listening to your game until about 3:50.
            Last edited by usdfbalum; 10-15-2010, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Are you telling on yourself?

Seriously: This guy used to play for USD?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/1265054.stm

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                Are you telling on yourself?

Seriously: This guy used to play for USD?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/1265054.stm

I am serious, when a former player/friend called me and said did you hear about ____________ , I knew something really bad had happened. Just happy he did not hurt someone or himself. Yes this is true. For the record, I think he was crazy before getting to USD.

Comment

Originally posted by usdfbalum View Post
                  I think he was crazy before getting to USD.
                  Isn't that a requirement?

Tooooooooooooo easy.

Comment

On the radio broadcast, I heard cowbells coming from Indiana State crowd again on Saturday.

What would happen if the admin stopped enforcing the no cowbells policy from the conference? Since you can hear them on the radio broadcast at almost every other school in the league, why can't we use them at home?

If the sheer volume of cowbells is the problem, hold a $1 raffle before every home game to pick 10 fans who get a commemorative cowbell and are allowed to ring them. Announce the winners between the 1st and 2nd quarter and let them ring 'em the rest of the game. The same could be done for basketball games.

Even 10 cowbells ringing throughout the stadium/arena would really get the rest of the crowd going.

When the people come to pick up their commemorative cowbell, clearly explain that they aren't to be rung during game play, and if they are the cowbell will be taken away.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      On the radio broadcast, I heard cowbells coming from Indiana State crowd again on Saturday.

What would happen if the admin stopped enforcing the no cowbells policy from the conference? Since you can hear them on the radio broadcast at almost every other school in the league, why can't we use them at home?

If the sheer volume of cowbells is the problem, hold a $1 raffle before every home game to pick 10 fans who get a commemorative cowbell and are allowed to ring them. Announce the winners between the 1st and 2nd quarter and let them ring 'em the rest of the game. The same could be done for basketball games.

Even 10 cowbells ringing throughout the stadium/arena would really get the rest of the crowd going.

When the people come to pick up their commemorative cowbell, clearly explain that they aren't to be rung during game play, and if they are the cowbell will be taken away.
                      I like to think of it like this:

When you get a new job, you make sure to be on your best behavior. You tend to dress a little more fancy, you tend to be overly courteous to everyone, yes maam, no maam, yes sir, no sir, so as to put out the best possible image.

Next thing you know, it's 8 years later and you might not dress up quite as much, you tend to be a little more relaxed with your co-workers.

Or maybe, just maybe, you spend a little lunch time at work dreaming up some sort of analogy between work and SDSU football gameday experience.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Theres an app for the androids and iphones that is a cowbell sound for Mississippi State Univ everyone with a smart phone download it and play it all together at loud volumne

Comment

Originally posted by sturgisjeff View Post
                          theres an app for the androids and iphones that is a cowbell sound for mississippi state univ everyone with a smart phone download it and play it all together at loud volumne
                          i like!!!
                          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                          X