Cowbells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cowbells

I guess I dont get how dome stadiums pumping music from the scoreboard is any different then fans creating noise. To me that seems to be worse then cowbells and such. So I guess I don't need to bring my vulvazla(SP). If they are not used during the actual play, I don't see a problem.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

just my opinion, i think the ncaa has way too much power. who investigates the investigators?

Comment

Originally posted by KI DRIVER View Post
        just my opinion, i think the ncaa has way too much power. who investigates the investigators?
        The BCS schools. The NCAA does what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
          The BCS schools. The NCAA does what they want.
          The NCAA membership at their national convention, elected members to various rule making committees. So it often looks like a camel, a horse designed by a committee. SDSU is part of the membership btw.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            I guess I dont get how dome stadiums pumping music from the scoreboard is any different then fans creating noise. To me that seems to be worse then cowbells and such. So I guess I don't need to bring my vulvazla(SP). If they are not used during the actual play, I don't see a problem.
            Any stadium can pump music between plays, SDSU allows the band to play between plays. The difference is the person running the music is a paid staff, (marketing/ promotions) and know when to mute the music, which I believe when the quarterback goes under center.

SDSU chose not to educate the fans and teach them when cow bells could be rung. My guess they figured they couldn't control it well enough and didn't want to risk a penalty.
            We...ARE...STATE!
            SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

http://huskerextra.com/sports/footba...cc4c03286.html

5 ways to be louder without cowbells, loud music, vuvuzalas, triangles, or anything else. Wrong stadium, but same effect.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

They're against league rules.

FYI: It's also really tacky.

Comment

wow....we can all "SHAKE OUR KEYS" on kick offs ,how exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by NDB View Post
                    Eye of the beholder. You should've been in Frost Arena when the bells were in full force.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      wow....we can all "SHAKE OUR KEYS" on kick offs ,how exciting!
                      What if I have a cowbell keychain?
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                        What if I have a cowbell keychain?
                        I actually have some! I got them at an expo as a hand out. My wife grabbed one for each kid. I have since confiscated and hid them. They may need to come out of hiding and get "lost" at CAS.
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

They're against league rules.

Then the league rules are f*cking stupid.

"So as not to create an unfair advantage."

Why even let people into the game then. I thought that was the point of playing at "home".

This is so stupid I can't even stand it. I will ban myself from commenting until this weekend for using a bad word in a post.

Comment

Blasphemy!
                            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                              I actually have some! I got them at an expo as a hand out. My wife grabbed one for each kid. I have since confiscated and hid them. They may need to come out of hiding and get "lost" at CAS.
                              Or we could put full size cowbells on our keychains, just need to make my key ring like the ones you see for old school prisons and stuff
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

greetings jackrabbits, as a former member of the gameday operations staff at siu, I though i would add my two cents. As shown they are banned by conference rule. From what I was told if you allow things like cowbells and such people would try to take it a step further like air horns and whistles. One year we were playing the university of Tennessee-martian in the playoffs, their fans tried to bring in trash bags full of milkjugs full of large rocks which they called spirit shakers, and also they wanted to bring in spirit sticks which were 3 foot long 2x4 boards painted in their school colors. One guy actually wanted the cops called because we wouldn't let him bring his spirit stick in

Comment

Working...
                                X