Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wiu gdt

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
    D. Kool (#48) did it twice. I don't know if Helm did it or not.

Barr was slippery. Not fast, but elusive. Jeske's sack in the last drive was much needed. Best tackle of the night. Wrapped up and hauled Barr down.

And WIU's #12 was impressive. Reminded me of Jimmy Rogers. Wreckless abandoned and hitting like a truck.
    Yah, holy sheit. He almost leaped entirely over the offensive guy getting to the QB. Then I wanted to watch the replay and they didn't show it. Good hops for a football player. Damn!!!

There were 2 balls thrown to Cochart that were dropped. One was thrown before he was looking but he got his hands on them. The second time it looked like it was thrown a little behind him (probably should have been caught). If TOB could have led him at all, it would have been a big gain.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

And yes folks get out the cowbells. I was the first one to notice it in my section (yes, I'm patting myself on the back) and it spread around from that. I think the conference needs to answer some questions about what happened last night. Otherwise, we're bringing them back. Piss on the "rules".
      Personally, I'd rather yell, but...especially given the WIU President and AD were there, (not that they could do anything to stop it I guess,) bring on the cowbells.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

And WIU's #12 was impressive. Reminded me of Jimmy Rogers. Wreckless abandoned and hitting like a truck.
        Glazier?

Comment

I don't know if I'm hungover or if my head hurts from yelling.
          The referees would not have made it out of that stadium unscathed if the Jacks would have lost that game....

I am hereby calling out section F, rows 3 through 12. You know who you are and you know why I'm calling you out. Shape up and become fans. I stand up more and am louder in church. You have great seats and don't deserve them.
          Ummm....I was going to go with "hungover" but you spelled unscathed correctly so I'll go with "head hurts from yelling."

Part of Section F appeared to be watching a different game. I'm in Section E and from my point of view, everyone on the west side was standing except part of F. If we ignore that part of F, the crowd really got into it when it counted.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            Ummm....I was going to go with "hungover" but you spelled unscathed correctly so I'll go with "head hurts from yelling."

Part of Section F appeared to be watching a different game. I'm in Section E and from my point of view, everyone on the west side was standing except part of F. If we ignore that part of F, the crowd really got into it when it counted.
            I'm guessing you're thinking of the part of F where I sit (the area from about row 7 to row 14). I try not to stand because the general area is loaded with senior citizens, and I'm not talking 70-year-olds... many 80+. They are cheering, but it's not easy for them to stand, so I'm not going to be a jerk and block their view.

I should add that there was one jerk in our section who was torturing an older woman who sits in front of us because she wouldn't stand and because she had the temerity to ask him not to stand and block her view (the man, about 45, was the only person in the entire section of much older folks who was standing). The guy, who I know and who works in a service department on campus, was very angry and mean (I wonder about his sanity, frankly). The woman, whom we have sat near for five years, has had health problems and I'm guessing she can't stand much. She wouldn't use that as an excuse, but this douchebag should probably take her age into consideration before he starts acting like an jerk. It was embarrassing for him and uncomfortable for her.

Are you only a true fan if you STAND and yell? Or is it OK to sit and whistle and yell? Do there have to be rules? If you can't be a fan and sit, then we should probably encourage all of the senior citizens who have those 50-yard-line seats because they've been loyal fans for decades to just stay home.
            Last edited by JimmyJack; 10-10-2010, 02:31 PM.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              I'm guessing you're thinking of the part of F where I sit (the area from about row 7 to row 14). I try not to stand because the general area is loaded with senior citizens, and I'm not talking 70-year-olds... many 80+. They are cheering, but it's not easy for them to stand, so I'm not going to be a jerk and block their view.

I should add that there was one jerk in our section who was torturing an older woman who sits in front of us because she wouldn't stand and because she had the temerity to ask him not to stand and block her view (the man, about 45, was the only person in the entire section of much older folks who was standing). The guy, who I know and who works in a service department on campus, was very angry and mean (I wonder about his sanity, frankly). The woman, whom we have sat near for five years, has had health problems and I'm guessing she can't stand much. She wouldn't use that as an excuse, but this douchebag should probably take her age into consideration before he starts acting like an jerk. It was embarrassing for him and uncomfortable for her.

Are you only a true fan if you STAND and yell? Or is it OK to sit and whistle and yell? Do there have to be rules? If you can't be a fan and sit, then we should probably encourage all of the senior citizens who have those 50-yard-line seats because they've been loyal fans for decades to just stay home.

Though I didn't sit there yesterday, my new seats as the result of the reallocation are in the lower section of F. I think it's going to be a one-year deal. I want to stand a fair amount, but have noted the age of the age of people in the area. It's all kind of a mess and kind of uncomfortable for everybody. Nobody is wrong. I'm not wrong for wanting to cheer, but there are a lot of people who are 70+ nearby. And some are 80+. I don't want to stand the whole game or anything, but more than just after a touchdown. If there's a big play, I want to be on my feet. It's a touchy deal and not enjoyable for anybody, I don't think. If attendance is down later in the year, I suspect I'll move to a place I can stand and holler a bit more.
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Section F is weak, uninspired and uninformed on how your supposed to act at a football game. I would never stand in front of someone that was obviously too frail to stand, but when people can stand for the school song and the band, but just choose not to stand on third down and berate those who choose to do so should just stay home IMHO. The true fans are the ones who showed up in Lincoln and cheered the entire game. When you have to defend yourself against your own fans for cheering and trying to inspire the team who is trying to get the fans to stand on third down it's pretty sad. I heard one person say if you want to stand on third down go sit with the students.

Comment

I don't know if I'm hungover or if my head hurts from yelling. What a game. Down to the last play just like last time the Jacks played WIU at the Beef Bowl in '08.

The offensive line last night was simply great. Best unit on the field, IMO. The RB's were getting yards all the time and even down at the goal line when they knew the Jacks were running, the line was just blowing their guys into the endzone. And TOB had lots of time pretty much all night. This unit should be commended on their improvement since game 1.

TOB was better than average and maybe that had to do with the time he had to throw, but he was setting his feet and he actually looked off his first receiver and threw to a secondary receiver more than once. What a concept. Drops again by NFL prospect(?) Cochart and Kool didn't help. The route and the throw on the 2-pt conversion were absolutely perfect and Kool just flat out dropped it.

The special teams is just flat out maddening. They can't get a kick return worth a damn, ever. Stig made WIU re-kick after an off-sides and the Jacks actually got 5 yards less than they had the first kick. The punt return down to the 25 was refreshing. The long snapper flat out sucks. Priddy had 2 snaps skipped to him and the snap on the extra point was brutal too. That nearly cost them the game.

The defense giving up 3 drives of 85 plus yards was simply frustrating. Somebody make a play. Get a turnover. Quit playing 10 yards off the receiver and maybe double cover #88 since they threw to him on about every play it seemed. And he was open. Make a play in the second half, please. The best play of the game on defense was the 4th down hold in the first half. That gave the whole team a good vibe from there on out.

The referees would not have made it out of that stadium unscathed if the Jacks would have lost that game. The first quarter was simply terrible. The ref who called Minett's fumble had a terrible angle for that call, they blatently missed pass interference in front of 8000 Jacks fans on the west side, etc., etc. Then it all starts up again with 30 seconds to go. The "necessary" measurement was completely bogus, the second to last play there was a hold on Fischer that was as bad as they get right in front of the umpire who swallowed his whistle. But desperate teams b*tch about referees, good teams make plays.

I am hereby calling out section F, rows 3 through 12. You know who you are and you know why I'm calling you out. Shape up and become fans. I stand up more and am louder in church. You have great seats and don't deserve them.
                  I don't know what game your watching but Cochart only dropped one pass if you want to call it a drop. The ball was early getting there and by the time he turned his head he barely had a chance to get his hands up, besides the pass being behind him.
                  Why don't you compliment the kid on the 3 passes he caught, and the winning TD catch. Tour a joke critizing the kids. I suppose your perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    Oh I noticed the cowbells!!!!
                    Not going too much into it. I don't think you get too down on the defense about the yardage.I won't do the exact number, because I too am nursing beer induced fuzziness.I think they had been averaging 250 yds a game on the ground, we held them to 150. That Barr is one hell of QB, his throws opposite his bootleg route were simply amazing at some points. I can see why they missed him last year and why I am glad he is a Senior.

Also, I don't get too down on any of Kool's dropped passes. He is a RUNNING BACK! He is just talented! Imagine the offense next year when he drops into the slot from the RB position! That will have defenses scrambling!

I guess I missed the drops by Cochart, just the one where I thought maybe O'Brien threw a little to early on the route.

TOB's play was much better.
                    O-line has officially earned the title "Fatguys". Good for them, they are playing great!
                    WR's are coming along too.
                    The rest of the season will be fun.
                    The future's bright!
                    Ok....looks like I did go into it, a little. But **** it, who's not excited about this win?
                    Your right Cochart Had 1 drop, if you want to call it a drop. The ball was there early and when he turned his head it was there and also behind him.
                    He did have 3 catches and a TD.

Comment

I have no opinion on the topic of whether everyone should stand etc. I just noted that the west side of the stadium did a lot of standing in the fourth quarter and were pretty loud.

I jokingly commented to someone after the first home game that we should have a checklist when signing up for season tickets. Choices could include things like "prefers to (a) sit; (b) stand; (c) stand only on 3rd and short; etc. I would have asked for questions like: prefers to (a) be seated near some guy who thinks he's a coach and boos our players when they don't perform perfectly; (b) prefers to not be seated by a guy mentioned in (a); (c) prefers that if seated near guy mentioned in (a), can bring a baseball bat to beat him senseless when he boos our team.

But sometimes I get tired of those fans who think it's un-American to not yell until one loses their voice. Fans come in all kinds of stripes and preferences. Those people who prefer to sit may be just like JimmyJack described and I'd be willing to bet many of them have been season ticket holders for a long time and the program needs their support.

[I defend the right of a guy who just because he bought a ticket, gets to demonstrate how he's smarter than the coaches and boos a bunch of college guys trying to do their best but while I do that, I reserve the right to finally get fed up and plant my size 11 on his behind. Personally, when I'm not happy with play calling etc., I remember I know very little about the x's and o's and its best just to shut up so that I save my energy for the plays when things go right and then I can yell a lot.]

Comment

I am in Section F, row 17 and did stand on some third downs. The people behind me are Daktronics family and guests, and two rows back is the President. Though I stood a few times on third down no one told me to sit down. A couple of good young fans along side me stood as well so there is hope for the upper rows.

But as Jimmy Jack said the lower rows are made up of people who have watched Jackrabbit football for a long time, and have supported the Jackrabbit Club every year. I have a long time legacy myself watching SDSU Football starting at old State Field now known as Sexauer track.
                        As a student watched some good football in the 61, 62 and 63 seasons, and so so for 64 and 65. There have been several 5-6 and 6-5 seasons so hardly any thing to write home about. I suspect a number of older fans are not used to winning and being boistrous about it. Before 1964, the Bison football program stunk to holy heaven, even went 0-11 in 1962. After a presidential change in 1964, they took a attitude about winning and they apparently got their pa guy to get the crowd going. I dont need to elaborate more.

As long as I can recall, we have always had a very laid back guy on the PA system, very unlike our Bison folks up north where they have promoted the everyone up for the Kick off and making noise on 3rd down. So I see that as a problem. The choice of standing at CAS on third down is pretty much a grass roots movement, and our PA guy still does not doing anything to get the crowd going, its just not our style apparently, so can you blame old farts like me for wondering what all this is about?

I do see the need for enthusaism, but the adminstration like at NDSU has to encourage it, otherwise this conflict between the loud and proud standing fans and the older quiet and reserved fans will be going to go on forever. Some on Bisonville have complainted about quite and sitting fans at the FargoDome so they have that problem too, but not to the extent that we have at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbid rabbit View Post
                          I don't know what game your watching but Cochart only dropped one pass if you want to call it a drop. The ball was early getting there and by the time he turned his head he barely had a chance to get his hands up, besides the pass being behind him.
                          Why don't you compliment the kid on the 3 passes he caught, and the winning TD catch. Tour a joke critizing the kids. I suppose your perfect.
                          Hey, I'm just pointing out the fact the much-maligned guy under center shouldn't be taking all the blame for the heat he's been getting.

Cochart did have a very nice grab on the game winner because TOB threw him a laser, as usual. But he had to, the defender would have knocked it down if he wouldn't have.

So two of your now 10 posts are defending your boy Colin. Hope none of your future posts are banging on TOB or anybody else. And what the h*ll is "touring a joke"?

Every game I see in full, in person, I'm going to give my personal OPINION on a lot of aspects of the game. Good game to most, including Colin.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbid rabbit View Post
                            Your right Cochart Had 1 drop, if you want to call it a drop. The ball was there early and when he turned his head it was there and also behind him.
                            He did have 3 catches and a TD.
                            I'm with you I was commenting on someone else's comment. I said I thought the throw was early too. It was a timing thing. I'm a Cochart fan, btw.He and TOB's timing has gotten better every week.
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Section F is weak, uninspired and uninformed on how your supposed to act at a football game. I would never stand in front of someone that was obviously too frail to stand, but when people can stand for the school song and the band, but just choose not to stand on third down and berate those who choose to do so should just stay home IMHO. The true fans are the ones who showed up in Lincoln and cheered the entire game. When you have to defend yourself against your own fans for cheering and trying to inspire the team who is trying to get the fans to stand on third down it's pretty sad. I heard one person say if you want to stand on third down go sit with the students.
                              Those people have earned those seats by supporting SDSU athletics for decades, some for a half century or more. There would be no Division I Jackrabbits without their contributions. I think it's pretty unfair to suggest they're not "true fans" because they don't stand as often as you would like. Who knows why they choose not to jump up on every third down. Knee replacement? Back trouble? Recent surgery? Just plain old tired? It's their business, I'd say. And to suggest they should stay home? Is that really what you want them to do?

I am grateful that we have many very ardent fans. That's great, and I'm not saying we don't need more. But haven't our senior citizen Jackrabbits earned the right to support the team in their own way?
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

On a side note, after the game, must've been during the radio commercials, I happened to notice Tyler leaning out of the the press box fiddling with something (I don't think he was suicidal) and I gave him a hearty TYYLEERR!!!!

He gave me a nice comical salute motion back that only Tyler could pull off. It was great.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X