X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West-River_Jack
    replied
    Re: 2011 Schedule

As a fan who no longer has kids at home in school, I need to start watching the football schedule for the away game in a place that I would like to visit, and take a fall vacation to see the Jackrabbits on the road. My ideal scenario would have us scheduling home and home contracts with warm climate teams like those in the Southland, with the game in Brookings in early September and the return game in the south in late November. As an example, it would be really nice to spend three or four days in Austin and drive to San Marcos to play Texas State on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• LakeJack
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    He actually is serious........
    Then he is WRONG.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

He actually is serious........

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    I don't think so...

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    You missed something. There is Division I FBS and Division I FCS. If you didn't know, we fall into the latter category.
    I don't think so...

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

I like the level we play at, but it's not DIA unless I missed something. DIAA FCS whatever you want to call it.
    You missed something. There is Division I FBS and Division I FCS. If you didn't know, we fall into the latter category.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

I like the level we play at, but it's not DIA unless I missed something. DIAA FCS whatever you want to call it.

You missed something.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    I saw the "We are not DI in football" quote perplexing as well. That one post completely negates anything of merit in the others.

Leave a comment:

• tjbison
    replied

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    WKU was in transition from FCS to FBS, and wanted to keep their "rivalry" with EKU, so signed agreement to play two years later. Sunbelt has since required WKU to drop the game at EKU.

I've been watching for the transition years plus, and can't think of a game since 2005 that the FBS played at the FCS.
    Well until you have facts stop arguing with me!!!

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
    I don't know any details and i'm sorry I can't produce any games where a FBS is/has played at FCS since we moved up. All I was saying is it has does happen rarely

But I think Western Kentucky is playing at a FCS school also or they did can't remember
    WKU was in transition from FCS to FBS, and wanted to keep their "rivalry" with EKU, so signed agreement to play two years later. Sunbelt has since required WKU to drop the game at EKU.

I've been watching for the transition years plus, and can't think of a game since 2005 that the FBS played at the FCS.

Leave a comment:

• tjbison
    replied

Is Ball St. playing @ IL St. first? If not, look for an UM Griz move by Ball St. You'd think that Villanova/Temple would be occasionally played at a "neutral" site, and that Nova would be the home team. I'm unaware of such a game.

Since the Jacks/Bison moved up, when has a FBS played at a FCS?

I don't know any details and i'm sorry I can't produce any games where a FBS is/has played at FCS since we moved up. All I was saying is it has does happen rarely

But I think Western Kentucky is playing at a FCS school also or they did can't remember

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
    Yes they have and will, Ball St signed a home and home with Illinois St. I don't have the other teams now but FBS has played AT FCS before, its indeed rare but the lower FBS have and do occasionally do it
    Is Ball St. playing @ IL St. first? If not, look for an UM Griz move by Ball St. You'd think that Villanova/Temple would be occasionally played at a "neutral" site, and that Nova would be the home team. I'm unaware of such a game.

Since the Jacks/Bison moved up, when has a FBS played at a FCS?

Leave a comment:

• tjbison
    replied

No non-transitional FBS team has played at an FCS school. That isn't going to change. Therefore, another FBS game is another AWAY game. A wonderful situation is if can get a one-n-done with a Pioneer/NEC/OVC/Southland team, or a 2-fer-1 deal.

SDSU is a good team, in one of the 4 premier FCS conferences. Jacks keep playing the "name" schools (Del, Ga Southern, Poly, Montana, for example) and when Jacks have the 7 or 8 wins over such programs, plus top 3 in MVFC, they will be in.

'10 was a very unusual year for the MVFC. 6 of 9 teams were 4-4 in conference. The other 3, were 6-2, 5-3, 2-6. Can anyone say parity? Will there be such parity next year? IMHO yes.
    Yes they have and will, Ball St signed a home and home with Illinois St. I don't have the other teams now but FBS has played AT FCS before, its indeed rare but the lower FBS have and do occasionally do it

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by mgbison View Post
    Scheduling a d2 team is going in the opposite direction. I would rather get a lower level Mac, WAC or beatable fbs team. At least the victory would count towards something. Also, having 2 fbs games would probably get the fans more interested (if marketed correctly).
    No non-transitional FBS team has played at an FCS school. That isn't going to change. Therefore, another FBS game is another AWAY game. A wonderful situation is if can get a one-n-done with a Pioneer/NEC/OVC/Southland team, or a 2-fer-1 deal.

SDSU is a good team, in one of the 4 premier FCS conferences. Jacks keep playing the "name" schools (Del, Ga Southern, Poly, Montana, for example) and when Jacks have the 7 or 8 wins over such programs, plus top 3 in MVFC, they will be in.

'10 was a very unusual year for the MVFC. 6 of 9 teams were 4-4 in conference. The other 3, were 6-2, 5-3, 2-6. Can anyone say parity? Will there be such parity next year? IMHO yes.

Leave a comment:

• tjbison
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    We arent D2 in football. So what are we?

must be DI.5

Leave a comment:

Working...
X