• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yoteforever
    replied
    Re: 2011 Schedule

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    I'm sure if it's coming from Coyotie Fans it's 100% true, because if they could, they would play all 11 games against SDSU. It's just the way it is, always has been, always will be down there.

If you see them tomorrow tell them that the "big SDSU donors" really don't care as much about USD as they think they do.

Who else let out a little "chuckle" when reading this?

Go Jacks!!

Clearing throat: IS THIS SMACK? Just checking, that's all.

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by BigBob View Post
    A couple Coyote fans have told me that USD tried to get a game with SDSU next September 3 but a small number of large SDSU donors threatened to pull their funding if they played USD. I also was told that Sell was informed that he wasn't allowed to sign the agreement to play USD so USD signed to play Air Force on that date. Has anybody else hear this or was this just a coyote fan spouting off?
    I don't understand why this game does not get scheduled???? Schedule the fricken game and get it over with.

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

A couple Coyote fans have told me that USD tried to get a game with SDSU next September 3 but a small number of large SDSU donors threatened to pull their funding if they played USD. I also was told that Sell was informed that he wasn't allowed to sign the agreement to play USD so USD signed to play Air Force on that date. Has anybody else hear this or was this just a coyote fan spouting off?
    This is absolutely true. Also, these big donors are demanding that SDSU change its school name to Auburn. Expect an announcement next week.

For reference: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2285976

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

One word BALONEY Can your inside source name those donors? If there are anymore falsehood floating around, First Bank and Trust just might close their Vermillion branch.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

I had heard that USD wanted to play on Sept. 3rd, but SDSU wasn't in favor so USD signed to play Air Force. But I wasn't told anything about large SDSU donors pulling their funding.

Leave a comment:

• propar80
    replied

I'm sure if it's coming from Coyotie Fans it's 100% true, because if they could, they would play all 11 games against SDSU. It's just the way it is, always has been, always will be down there.

If you see them tomorrow tell them that the "big SDSU donors" really don't care as much about USD as they think they do.

Who else let out a little "chuckle" when reading this?

Go Jacks!!

Leave a comment:

• BigBob
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Play USD in the open slot or to start the season, if the Coyotes are available, and put an end to that whole, silly, annoying debate over when the two teams are going to play.

Leave a comment:

• JackBBFan
    replied

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    The combined FB, BB game is a sweet idea. Out-of-towners like me would definetly come. Might be a nice way to boost traditionally low November football attendence and get people fired up for basketball season without having a whole lot of shenanigans to pique interest.
    This did occur before. I believe it was when we beat the Bison for the Marker and then played Montana at BB that evening.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    The combined FB, BB game is a sweet idea. Out-of-towners like me would definetly come. Might be a nice way to boost traditionally low November football attendence and get people fired up for basketball season without having a whole lot of shenanigans to pique interest.
    Is that the place with the mozzeralla sticks and the goofy stuff on the walls?

Anyway, what ever it takes to increase nov attendance is a good thing. Frankly I would rather see us have games in sept filled and leave the nov games open but that is neither here nor there.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    I know it's the 10/1 game, and second home game of the season, but why not make powderpuff Ind St. Hobo Day, and then UNI can be Beef Bowl?

Heck, SDSU was Neb Homecoming on 9/25, is there anything carved in stone that says we must sequence Cereal/Beef/Hobo Day? It would be nice to create an incentive game for our Nov games to get a good crowd out in Nov.

Since it's SDSU goal to be playing at home in LATE Nov/ Dec, we need to create a conductive environment so that we can compete with SFA, McNeese, Tx St, Jax St., Richmond, Cal Poly for the play-off games.

I'd love to see SDSU create a combined FB in afternoon, and BB evening game in November, and have the possibility to do the same for play-off in Dec.

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    I know it's the 10/1 game, and second home game of the season, but why not make powderpuff Ind St. Hobo Day, and then UNI can be Beef Bowl?

Heck, SDSU was Neb Homecoming on 9/25, is there anything carved in stone that says we must sequence Cereal/Beef/Hobo Day? It would be nice to create an incentive game for our Nov games to get a good crowd out in Nov.

Since it's SDSU goal to be playing at home in LATE Nov/ Dec, we need to create a conductive environment so that we can compete with SFA, McNeese, Tx St, Jax St., Richmond, Cal Poly for the play-off games.

I'd love to see SDSU create a combined FB in afternoon, and BB evening game in November, and have the possibility to do the same for play-off in Dec.
    I like the combined game idea get it done super mod

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    I say do Hobo Day against SIU on November 5th. It's really not that far into Nov. I can remember many Hobo Day that was on or very close to Halloween.

Go Jacks!!
    Amen to this idea. To me, this is a no brainer. UNI and NDSU are going to draw without it being Hobo Day.

Also, I guess the MVC wasn't listening when we requested for them to schedule a conference away game on the opening pheasant date.

Leave a comment:

• State_fan
    replied

I thought Sell (or someone in the athletic department) said they wouldn't schedule Hobo Day against NDSU because it would hurt the overall attendance figures for the season. Maybe I dreamed that up though.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Play USD in the open slot or to start the season, if the Coyotes are available, and put an end to that whole, silly, annoying debate over when the two teams are going to play.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X