Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 Schedule

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post
    I'm okay with this. UNI and NDSU will draw well the way it is.
    ^^^This.

If the casual fans aren't going to show up for November games, this is one way to change that.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      Well, if it is Nov. 5, there might be some people visiting the center, but they sure won't be going to see the flowers at McCrory!
      I don't mind the bitter cold for some football. But putting Hobo Day on Nov 5 is folly for those of us who like to take our little kids to somewhat of a warm parade and game. Awful date and poor thought process towards your customer base.
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        I don't mind the bitter cold for some football. But putting Hobo Day on Nov 5 is folly for those of us who like to take our little kids to somewhat of a warm parade and game. Awful date and poor thought process towards your customer base.
        And like all Oct. Hobo Day parades are warm? Trying to pick a date that is going to be warm 10 months in advance is like....well, you get the point.

I love the Nov. 5th date!!! Next year could be another banner year for attendance, and this will only help.

Now, let's find a home game for Sept. 3rd!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          And like all Oct. Hobo Day parades are warm? Trying to pick a date that is going to be warm 10 months in advance is like....well, you get the point.

I love the Nov. 5th date!!! Next year could be another banner year for attendance, and this will only help.

Amen!!

Comment

I think it's a good move by the athletic department. They're taking a chance and what's wrong with that? People don't like change, but this will likely help the attendance and the overall athletic budget. If the Nov. 5th date doesn't work, then they can change it next year. People have talked about moving back Hobo Day for a while now and I'm proud that they decided to go out on a limb and do something about it.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Can't remember exactly but it seems like Hobo Day was in November for the first few years of transition also. Anyone remember the Missouri-Rolla game?
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                Can't remember exactly but it seems like Hobo Day was in November for the first few years of transition also. Anyone remember the Missouri-Rolla game?
                Does anyone remember hobo daze? If it helps attendance and its a good game, I don;t really care. Its a crap shoot with the weather around here anyway. One year could be sunny and 60 the next 20 and snowing. I remember it has been late oct or nov games before and it never seemed to be a problem.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Does anyone remember hobo daze? If it helps attendance and its a good game, I don;t really care. Its a crap shoot with the weather around here anyway. One year could be sunny and 60 the next 20 and snowing. I remember it has been late oct or nov games before and it never seemed to be a problem.

How right you are... . Both the highs and lows for Nov. 5 in Brookings have been set over the last decade (climate change, anyone?) and those variations happend two years apart.***

For Nov. 5 in Brookings
                  Year High temp Low Temp
                  '01 73 (record) 42
                  '02 37 28
                  '03 23 12 (record)
                  '04 59 28
                  '05 48 28
                  '06 64 30
                  '07 42 30
                  '08 66 44
                  '09 57 28 (popular low the last decade)
                  '10 48 23

*** Temperature was the same hermetically sealed approximately 72 degrees in FargoDome throughout the decade. Not smack, fact.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

No, but your chances that october games are warmer than november are always better. Like I said doesn't bother me, but more than likely it will be too cold to bring my kids (4 and 5) for 8 hours(parade, tailgate, game) straight. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will have to make that decision.
                    IMO, it's a mistake, but nothing can be done about it now.

Yes, agreed on the Sept. 3rd date.
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

• Re: 2011 Schedule

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      For Nov. 5 in Brookings
                      Year High temp Low Temp
                      '01 73 (record) 42
                      '02 37 28
                      '03 23 12 (record)
                      '04 59 28
                      '05 48 28
                      '06 64 30
                      '07 42 30
                      '08 66 44
                      '09 57 28 (popular low the last decade)
                      '10 48 23
                      I'm no math major, but my calculator tells me that's an average high of 51.7. I'll take that any November Hobo Day.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Why is there Morgan State in this link for 2011?

https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketH...ORIES_ID=34302
                        Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 01-18-2011, 09:23 PM.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

People don't come to games after Hobo Day... so it makes sense to put Hobo Day later in the season. Seems like a smart move.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

Excellent question.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

Does Morgan State have an opening on September 3rd or 17th? I looked at their athletic website but couldn't find anything.

Comment

If Morgan State is on the shedule it's either Sept. 3rd or Sept. 17th.

Sept. 3 Morgan State
                                Sept. 10 @ Illinois
                                Sept. 17 Open
                                Sept. 24 @ Illinois State
                                Oct. 1 Indiana State
                                Oct. 8 @ YSU
                                Oct. 15 UNI
                                Oct. 22 NDSU
                                Oct. 29 @ Missouri State
                                Nov. 5 Southern Illinois
                                Nov. 12 @ Western Illinois

OR

Sept. 3 Open
                                Sept. 10 @ Illinois
                                Sept. 17 Morgan State
                                Sept. 24 @ Illinois State
                                Oct. 1 Indiana State
                                Oct. 8 @ YSU
                                Oct. 15 UNI
                                Oct. 22 NDSU
                                Oct. 29 @ Missouri State
                                Nov. 5 Southern Illinois
                                Nov. 12 @ Western Illinois

There is still a need for another game, most likely an away game. This would have been a good opportunity to go up to UND on Nov. 19th and kick their butt. That would have given SDSU two easy wins and then would need to win 5 conference games. Another easy OOC game would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X