Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Schedule

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    I honestly don't think the fans embracing or not embracing a certain mantra affects the out-come of a season at all.
    Agree- there are so many other factors that go into it..

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
      Agree- there are so many other factors that go into it..
      There are many factors, but its away to develop a culture. A culture of tradition, a culture of winning. Its a mind set, its a way of life. I know some don't care about these things at all, but look at some sucessful programs. The tradition, the culture, the fan support, the mind set they develop are consistant year to year. I think SDSU could really build on the mind set the culture of growing a program going 1-0. Maybe its just me.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I didn't make the Morgan State-Lock comment with the team or fans in mind. It was a general observation based on the facts that they play in a conference that has a decent level of ball and that the Jacks were 5-6 last year. Although I would expect that we'd win on the home turf, Morgan State is pretty much an unknown that would be coming to Brookings more than just to collect a modest paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          I didn't make the Morgan State-Lock comment with the team or fans in mind. It was a general observation based on the facts that they play in a conference that has a decent level of ball and that the Jacks were 5-6 last year. Although I would expect that we'd win on the home turf, Morgan State is pretty much an unknown that would be coming to Brookings more than just to collect a modest paycheck.
          any idea what we would have to pay them to come and play us??? Did Delaware have to pay us to come out there?

Comment

IIRC, NDSU paid Morgan St. $175K to come out to Fargo last year.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
              IIRC, NDSU paid Morgan St. $175K to come out to Fargo last year.
              Actually NDSU payed Captain Morgan St $150,000 that price included their Chartered flight also
              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                Why does it seem like we always have more road games than home games? I'm probably wrong...
                You're not.......
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Sept 3rd Morgan St. waiting to finalize the contract. I think it will happen.

Sept 17th two options, both road games, whichever one is the best deal for us will happen. That may mean money, that may mean a return game in Brookings. Negotiations are ongoing. Cal-Poly is one, the other is on the other coast.

Nothing is official for either date, so, right now we have 9 games scheduled for next year.
                  Why would the Delaware remaining home/there been wiped off the slate if the Jacks are looking all the way to the east coast again?

It will be nice to open the year on the first weekend of the season again. Especially at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    You're not.......
                    Yeah, if we want a new stadium to show off and increase attendance, we need to start having 6 home games with 5 road games IMO. Every year we are on the road more then at home and as fans, that can make a big difference in games attended. Its hard to go weeks in a row with out a home game. or starting the first 3 weeks of sept with out a home game.

I like the oppenents we have been playing, but we need to start a new way of scheduling so we can get an extra home game.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Yeah, if we want a new stadium to show off and increase attendance, we need to start having 6 home games with 5 road games IMO. Every year we are on the road more then at home and as fans, that can make a big difference in games attended. Its hard to go weeks in a row with out a home game. or starting the first 3 weeks of sept with out a home game.

I like the oppenents we have been playing, but we need to start a new way of scheduling so we can get an extra home game.
                      Taint happening if Jacks are playing an FBS opponent each year. In an 11 game season, with 8 in MoValley games (4 at home), there are 2 open dates. If Jacks do 2 at home EVERY Year, then SDSU is NOT playing a single OOC away game. Montana pulled this nonsense on SDSU, and earned a reputation for not returning OOC home/home games. Therefore, MT's OOC included DII and NAIA opponents, meaning only 10 games count to get 7 or 8 DI wins. At best, this should be an every other year approach, and definitely need 6 home games in a 12 game season.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                        Why would the Delaware remaining home/there been wiped off the slate if the Jacks are looking all the way to the east coast again?

It will be nice to open the year on the first weekend of the season again. Especially at home.
                        There are several reasons. The contract with Delaware was not as lucrative as the current one may be. Having 2 very viable options for the Sept 17th date allows for us to leverage one against the other whether that means more guarantee money or a home and away arrangement. The Delaware package was not very advantageous to us and I believe we learned to ask for more. I guess we will soon find out.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                          Taint happening if Jacks are playing an FBS opponent each year. In an 11 game season, with 8 in MoValley games (4 at home), there are 2 open dates. If Jacks do 2 at home EVERY Year, then SDSU is NOT playing a single OOC away game. Montana pulled this nonsense on SDSU, and earned a reputation for not returning OOC home/home games. Therefore, MT's OOC included DII and NAIA opponents, meaning only 10 games count to get 7 or 8 DI wins. At best, this should be an every other year approach, and definitely need 6 home games in a 12 game season.
                          Yes, for 12 game seasons we really do, no extra bye week. How much does an avg home game get for 12K a year? I haven't looked, if you or someone knows I am curious. what was the avg take in our games the last few years at home? I just see having a new stadium bringing in an extra game most years and not go on the road, would be good for getting fans an extra game to spend money in a new stadium on. Any chance of getting some 2fer1 deals that would actually benefit us for the 2 games and not the other team? Is that an option?

Comment

Anybody have an update on the schedule yet? I checked Morgan State and they did not have any announcements on their schedule yet!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan/Sarpycounty View Post
                              Anybody have an update on the schedule yet? I checked Morgan State and they did not have any announcements on their schedule yet!
                              Nothing is official yet. There is a contract being negotiated for a game in Brookings against Morgan St. the first week of the season, I assume it will be a Saturday game but you never know. Nothing is signed or official so no release at this time.

The other open week will likely be a road game. I'm hearing Cal-Poly (like everyone else) or Jacksonville State in AL. Not sure where we are with those negotiations.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

When does spring pracitice start. I am getting anxious for it. waiting to hear who is stepping up and who gonna kick but at spring ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X