• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Schedule

Here's the SDSU press release:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205096734

Comment

Southern Utah! Nice! I wonder what the terms of the agreement are?

Sept. 3 SOUTHERN UTAH [Cereal Bowl] 6 p.m.
      Sept. 10 at Illinois TBA
      Sept. 17 at Cal Poly
      Sept. 24 *at Illinois State TBA
      Oct. 1 *INDIANA STATE [Beef Bowl] 6 p.m.
      Oct. 8
      *at Youngstown State
      Oct. 15 *NORTHERN IOWA [Hall of Fame Game] 6 p.m.
      Oct. 22
      *NORTH DAKOTA STATE [Dakota Marker Game] 2 p.m.
      Oct. 29 *at Missouri State
      Nov. 5 *SOUTHERN ILLINOIS [Hobo Day] 2 p.m.
      Nov. 12 *at Western Illinois TBA S
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Have we always had a Hall of Fame Game? Or is that a new thing?
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Good, solid schedule, despite having five at home and six on the road. The Jacks will open at home on Labor Day weekend. That should be toasty warm. There's no slouch games and a big-time game (against Illinois) that can't be any tougher than going to Nebraska.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

Sept. 10 at Illinois TBA
            Sept. 17 at Cal Poly
            Oct. 8 *at Youngstown State
            Oct. 22 *NORTH DAKOTA STATE [Dakota Marker Game] 2 p.m.

I'm excited about this upcoming season. All very good home games. Could be a record setter for season attendance, especially if we are playing good football. Setting a new season attendance record would really help to maintain momentum towards a new stadium.

The 2 PM start time for the Marker Game is interesting. Is that because it will be on TV?

Comment

Have we always had a Hall of Fame Game? Or is that a new thing?

My thought too. Must be new.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                My thought too. Must be new.
                No one comes to games that aren't named. This must be an attempt to get people to show up.

LOVE that Hobo day is in November.

Also, looking forward to seeing SUU. They had been a doormat for us when we played them consistently a few years ago, so it's hard for me to imagine that they are that much better. Looking forward to seeing what they bring nowdays.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

This is a TOUGH schedule. Really Tough.We know how tough MVC is getting, and the three nonconference opponents all on the rise:
                  1. SUU We’d better have our D-backs on horses and get some pass-rush pressure in the opener. Southern Utah returns a 6-5, 220 pound QB out of California named Brad Sorenson, who threw for more than 3,000 yards in 2010. They graduated only 11 seniors. They ended 6-5 but won five of last six ande finished undefeated in Great West. Beat Cal Poly 20-7, beat UC-Davis 55-24, beat USD 31-13. And, they lost 31-24 to eventual national champ Eastern Washington, on the road.
                  Mutual opponent: UND -Jacks won 21-0, SUU won 31-21.
                  2. Cal Poly finished 7-4, 2-2 in GWC. They beat mutual opponent UND 22-21, USD 38-24, beat Montana, 35-33. Their red-shirt freshman QB. Randy Wright, threw for over 2,400 yards (about the same as TOB)...
                  3. Illinois ended 7-6, beat SIU by four touchdowns, thrashed Baylor in the Texas Bowl. Returns QB and top rusher. Signature Big 10 win, beat Penn State on the road. Worst loss: to Minnesota. No mutual oponent.
                  Last edited by NoVaJack; 02-15-2011, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Sept. 10 at Illinois TBA
                    Sept. 17 at Cal Poly
                    Oct. 8
                    *at Youngstown State
                    Oct. 22
                    *NORTH DAKOTA STATE [Dakota Marker Game] 2 p.m.
                    I'm all for challenging the team and all of that, but I just don't understand why we do this year after year. Did we not learn anything from last year? I don't see anything wrong with scheduling a cup cake early in the year (almost like a pre-season) game to get the team prepared for a FBS game and tough MVC Conference game.

Comment

Good team info, NoVa. Thanks.
                      I'm guessing it will be difficult to set an attendance record with five home games. Setting a record might require six home games. Average attendance could jump back up to where it was a couple years ago.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        I'm all for challenging the team and all of that, but I just don't understand why we do this year after year. Did we not learn anything from last year? I don't see anything wrong with scheduling a cup cake early in the year (almost like a pre-season) game to get the team prepared for a FBS game and tough MVC Conference game.
                        I agree. While we're playing tough games against SUU and Cal Poly out-of-conference, NDSU is playing Lafayette and St. Francis. It's a lot easier to get to 7 wins with their schedule than with ours.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          It's a good get. SUU, though, was always my least favorite Great West team, mainly because they were a bunch of chippy jerks who were good for three or four personal fouls a game once they fell behind.
                          I believe they have made a coaching change at SUU since the game of chippy jerks that we saw in Brookings maybe two or three years ago. NOVA post reveals the progress that was made in recruiting and playing in one year. This will be a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            I believe they have made a coaching change at SUU since the game of chippy jerks that we saw in Brookings maybe two or three years ago. NOVA post reveals the progress that was made in recruiting and playing in one year. This will be a good game.
                            Good point. I'm going to keep hating them, though, just for fun. Kind of like Filbert's Mastodon thing.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Since SDSU is paying $185K to SUU, I take it this is NOT a home/home but a one-n-done.

Like that Jacks have a 2-4-1 with Cal Poly. Since the move up one of the Jacks best "rivalry" games.

So, OOC, two Great West teams, and an FBS. Nice.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we break some attendance records this year. This is a great home schedule and couldn't be more excited about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X