Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Uni game day

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
    I think everyone has been pretty nice on this game page. Just for the record, WE SHOULD NOT BE REBUILDING (Three Catrabbit), we should be reloading because we still should be bringing in better athletes and we should have more depth. With the way the offense has played ZERO pts in the first half all year, there is not a team on the schedule that can't beat us. Thank goodness Nebraska didn't watch much game film (45 minutes) or they would have run left all night just like Delaware, ill St and today UNI.
    Well I would love to say we're reloading, and I'm all for 7-4 and somehow that get's us into the playoff. From what I've read 7-4 probably won't. So yeah...we're in a rebuild mode...I still want a winning season 7-4 or 6-5.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      Well I would love to say we're reloading, and I'm all for 7-4 and somehow that get's us into the playoff. From what I've read 7-4 probably won't. So yeah...we're in a rebuild mode...I still want a winning season 7-4 or 6-5.
      I hope we can win 3

Comment

The play of this team is getting embarrassing. They are playing without any discipline and seem to lack focus. The personal foul penalties are inexcusable. and not having enough men on the line during a GF? That is pop warner stuff.

Something needs to wake these guys up and understand that they have to keep their heads in the game. maybe a 2 win season will do that. The way this team is playing there is no possible way they go 7-4. WIU and Youngstown are going to be very difficult games to win. who knows, right now the only win I am comfortable giving the ISU-Blue.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          and not having enough men on the line during a GF? That is pop warner stuff.
          Tennessee and LSU disagree.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
            Oh, we could. And I suspect we will. And soon. Like next year. Cobbling together this year's schedule, when we were in transition, was difficult. The lesson learned should be that there is an upside to scheduling an easier game at home to open the season. Not a team a division down, but not somebody who's going to be ranked, either. It doesn't always work out that way, but it's a model we can shoot for.
            I keep thinking about this. I thought about it before the season and now that we're in season it pisses me off even more. It's going to be October freekin' 9th for the second home game. What a joke. An absolute joke. And the 3rd game, Hobo Day, is closer to Thanksgiving than Labor Day. Whoever made up this schedule ought to pick up towels and clean toliets in the locker room for the next year because we know they're not getting a raise working for the state. I understand the transition point. But to not have a home game the first weekend of the year and replace it with a game on Nov. 20th is going to cost a lot of money. 8000 people difference is my guess at what the difference is going to be from the UND game versus an opening weekend game against Cupcake State. 14k versus 6k. That's a lot of money.

There's 200+ division 1 football teams out there and I'm not going to take the time to look it up to make sure, but I would bet a lot there are less than a handful who have played one home game to this point in the season. Transition...ha. Our transitioning neighbors to the south have more home games at this point in the season.

My season tickets have dust on them at this point. But you can be damn sure I'll be at every home game from here on out no matter when the first win is. Why...because that's what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
              Tennessee and LSU disagree.
              Hey, shouldn't they be allowed 13 defensive guys on the field when they have one play left from inside the five yard line on the last play of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                The play calling needs to be more like the last part of the fourth quarter. Get rid of all the unneeded motion. Watch the other team's defense. They make no adjustments when the Jacks move the tight ends from one side to the other or to the backfield. On what, the 1 yard line and we have a false start because of the unneeded motion. Get rid of the 'wild rabbit' too. We aren't fooling anyone. I've been wanting to see them pass out of that set, and the one time they do it this game, I don't think anyone on defense thought it was going to be a run the entire time.
                Spot on again.

Who is the QB coach? Can't whoever it is teach TOB to step into his passes and not pass off his back foot? Even when there is zero pressure, he throws off his back foot. The one exception is when he, finally, rolled to the right on the run and hit Cochart. Probably first time all year he rolled and the pass was on the money. Also the high pass to Cochart for the TD is exactly what they need to do more of.

Great question also - How did we lose all of our QB's?

Comment

Agree with the motion. It's ridiculous and does nothing. How many people were moving around on that first and goal from the one at the end of the game? Just line up and pound the ball down their throats.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                    I keep thinking about this. I thought about it before the season and now that we're in season it pisses me off even more. It's going to be October freekin' 9th for the second home game. What a joke. An absolute joke. And the 3rd game, Hobo Day, is closer to Thanksgiving than Labor Day. Whoever made up this schedule ought to pick up towels and clean toliets in the locker room for the next year because we know they're not getting a raise working for the state. I understand the transition point. But to not have a home game the first weekend of the year and replace it with a game on Nov. 20th is going to cost a lot of money. 8000 people difference is my guess at what the difference is going to be from the UND game versus an opening weekend game against Cupcake State. 14k versus 6k. That's a lot of money.

There's 200+ division 1 football teams out there and I'm not going to take the time to look it up to make sure, but I would bet a lot there are less than a handful who have played one home game to this point in the season. Transition...ha. Our transitioning neighbors to the south have more home games at this point in the season.

My season tickets have dust on them at this point. But you can be damn sure I'll be at every home game from here on out no matter when the first win is. Why...because that's what I do.
                    Probably the best post I have ever read on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                      Spot on again.

Who is the QB coach? Can't whoever it is teach TOB to step into his passes and not pass off his back foot? Even when there is zero pressure, he throws off his back foot. The one exception is when he, finally, rolled to the right on the run and hit Cochart. Probably first time all year he rolled and the pass was on the money. Also the high pass to Cochart for the TD is exactly what they need to do more of.

I put this elsewhere....but could TOB's woes this year have something to do with him and Eidsness perhaps not on the same page. Imagine one year you really don't have a boss, next year this guys in charge of you. Always difficult.
                      Offensive Line looked good again yesterday. Dline just got tired...were they even rotating them?
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                        Spot on again.

Whittier and Mondel transferred and Lotzer quit

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post

The first paragraph of your post is exactly why there is a desire to up season ticket holders to above 8k. Having guaranteed income for every home game allows the AD to know they can afford to pay to bring someone in. How does NDSU always seem to find a cupcake FCS game? Because they can pay $65-100K to have someone come in. SDSU isn't in that position yet.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

As posted by an astute UNI fan from another thread:

Quote: "As for the actual game thoughts:

I hope your WR #2 is ok. He seemed to be in a lot of pain leaving the field at the end of the game. Dude is a player, and without looking at the stats I'd bet he caught 80% of the completed passes. If he could have ever been hit in stride he may have taken one to the house. Unfortunately for you, your QB sucks something awful. We played a soft zone all night, and your QB couldn't hit the open WR to save his life. It took a lot of good adjustments by your WR to make the catches.

Oh, and enjoy Minett while you have him this year. Dude is a beast.[/QUOTE]"

Comment

Working...
                            X