Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Stadium

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    Has everyone taken the new stadium survey?

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB2...RIBER_CONTENT=
    Yes I did. Not to crazy about the questions about comfort and indoor watching of games.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Yes I did. Not to crazy about the questions about comfort and indoor watching of games.
      That's why they ask the questions . . . because that's basically where football stadium design is nowadays, and they're asking what SDSU fans want.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I was chuckling to myself as I responded to the questions about the boxes etc. and the various dollar amounts. The way the questions were written...some relative of Dr. Suess working for the poling company? Reminded me a little of Green Eggs & Ham.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          That's why they ask the questions . . . because that's basically where football stadium design is nowadays, and they're asking what SDSU fans want.
          Yes I get it. Its about going for the gold and finding the gold thats out there. I guess I resent those who enjoy the leisure of indoors while watching the rest of the crowd freezing their butts off. I will never forget Nov 20, 2010, the UND game, when it took me atleast 12 hours and one whole Domino's pizza to recover from the cold. But thats what my fellow Norweigian economist Thorstein Veblen was speaking of when he described "conspicous consumption by the wealthy". Although they probably did not exist in his day but a suite in a outdoor football staduim would fit the bill.
          I guess I should not knock them, as someone my be kind enough to invite me in on a cold afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Yes I get it. Its about going for the gold and finding the gold thats out there. I guess I resent those who enjoy the leisure of indoors while watching the rest of the crowd freezing their butts off. I will never forget Nov 20, 2010, the UND game, when it took me atleast 12 hours and one whole Domino's pizza to recover from the cold. But thats what my fellow Norweigian economist Thorstein Veblen was speaking of when he described "conspicous consumption by the wealthy". Although they probably did not exist in his day but a suite in a outdoor football staduim would fit the bill.
            I guess I should not knock them, as someone my be kind enough to invite me in on a cold afternoon.

I look at it from a different point of view. Those suites, etc. would be a great marketing tool and fundraising opportunity for the athletic department. Having companies pay that kind of money would definitely help pay for the stadium and fund better coaching salaries, etc.

This isn't picking on you Nidaros, but more of a general opinion. I've always felt that SD is so far behind with these types of things and I really liked that they're looking into adding these additions to the stadium. This stadium could really make SDSU take off with their athletic department and raise the bar in South Dakota.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              I've always felt that SD is so far behind with these types of things and I really liked that they're looking into adding these additions to the stadium. This stadium could really make SDSU take off with their athletic department and raise the bar in South Dakota.
              ++++
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

chair seating would be the best improvement IMO, the bench seating just gets way to crowded. Would love to have money to afford something a little fancier but I will be seating in reserved seats assuming ticket prices dont skyrocket. Otherwise will be stuck loosing reserved seats to opt for general admin if they have them. Otherwise the drawning that they have so far really looks awesome.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I took the survey a few days ago. I felt guilty over the amount of games I attend and would attend in the future. Living in Michigan and only getting back periodically to see family when it fits my schedule, it has been years since I have been to Coughlin Alumni stadium. If and when this stadium gets built I will definately set up a weekend visit when the Jacks are in Brookings to enjoy the experience. I know it will cost a fair amount to get this stadium and other facilities built but what an addition it will be to athletics at SDSU and the fans.
                  P.S. Great way to start the resumption of play with those Yotes.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    chair seating would be the best improvement IMO, the bench seating just gets way to crowded. Would love to have money to afford something a little fancier but I will be seating in reserved seats assuming ticket prices dont skyrocket. Otherwise will be stuck loosing reserved seats to opt for general admin if they have them. Otherwise the drawning that they have so far really looks awesome.
                    I hope when the final designs on the stadium come in they completely do away with bleacher seating except for the student section. Knowing that you'll have a reserved spot that won't be cramped will go a long ways in improving the fan experience at SDSU football games.

I hope our administration doesn't go the Southern Illinois route and just have tons of metal bleachers to save on cost.
                    Saluki Stadium.jpg
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

My current seat has too many well-fed Norsemen in the row. Hope the designers recognize that there are a LOT of 200lb + 6' and the average width need is 20" rather than the current 16". Especially with coats to keep warm.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        I look at it from a different point of view. Those suites, etc. would be a great marketing tool and fundraising opportunity for the athletic department. Having companies pay that kind of money would definitely help pay for the stadium and fund better coaching salaries, etc.

This isn't picking on you Nidaros, but more of a general opinion. I've always felt that SD is so far behind with these types of things and I really liked that they're looking into adding these additions to the stadium. This stadium could really make SDSU take off with their athletic department and raise the bar in South Dakota.
                        +++++ I am shooting my mouth off and feeling sorry for myself. Secretly I wish I could hand over 40k and watch the games in comfort.There are several D2 schools that have already picked up on this concept, Emporia State, NW Missouri, and Winona State to name three. With the configeration of CAS, there just has not been much opportunity to do this until Dykhouse was built. I am sure extra dollars have been raised on that facility with make shift sky boxes etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                          My current seat has too many well-fed Norsemen in the row. Hope the designers recognize that there are a LOT of 200lb + 6' and the average width need is 20" rather than the current 16". Especially with coats to keep warm.
                          Well I am in row 18 I believe and well fed. (for my own protection will not disclose the section) I get your point though. When CAS went up in 1962 there was no disability laws as there are now and boy its a hazzle sometimes when you sit in seat 3 and all those in seats 4 through 21 claim their seats.

Comment

we werent as crowded this in in row 21 on the aisle. Other years while on the aisle when showing up just before game time, we had the 2 end seats and my wife got 1 cheek on and I sat in the asile because people were taking up to much space, or in the wrong section. Students should get bleachers for better standing room, and everyone else would really have a better experience if we had chair back seating. it would be worth the cost if you ask me.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              we werent as crowded this in in row 21 on the aisle. Other years while on the aisle when showing up just before game time, we had the 2 end seats and my wife got 1 cheek on and I sat in the asile because people were taking up to much space, or in the wrong section. Students should get bleachers for better standing room, and everyone else would really have a better experience if we had chair back seating. it would be worth the cost if you ask me.
                              I believe you are hinting at a better configeration and more aisle and row space. They are both badly needed. I am not crazy about all steel bleachers as some one suggested. Build it so people have access to enjoy the game. A few elvators would help those with toddlers as well as old farts like myself.

Comment

All I know is that there needs to be more seating for students. More students would come if there were more seats for students and if it was a better venue.
                                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X