UNI Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNI Week

TOB and the receivers finally come up big. Defense remains solid. SDSU wins 27-17.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
      Yah but I was not one of those people!!!!!!!
      So it's a double standard? I will say that UNI seems to have had more problems than SDSU, but that doesn't mean that UNI is completely full of thugs and SDSU is full of perfect players. I hate generalizations.

And don't break your exclamation key responding to this post if you choose to.
      Last edited by RabbitObsessed; 10-01-2010, 08:25 PM.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
        So it's a double standard? I will say that UNI seems to have had less problems than SDSU, but that doesn't mean that UNI is completely full of thugs and SDSU is full of perfect players. I hate generalizations.

So you said that UNI seems to have had less problems then SDSU?

You really are a USD homer.

Not sure what color glasses you look through but SDSU has not had the issues UNI football has had. Unless you know more then the rest of us.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          So you said that UNI seems to have had less problems then SDSU?

You really are a USD homer.

Not sure what color glasses you look through but SDSU has not had the issues UNI football has had. Unless you know more then the rest of us.
          Sorry, that was just a typo on my part. I meant to write more. Correcting.

And I'd never claim to know more than the rest of you.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
            So it's a double standard? I will say that UNI seems to have had more problems than SDSU, but that doesn't mean that UNI is completely full of thugs and SDSU is full of perfect players. I hate generalizations.

As an ex- player its pretty common to have some verbal exchanges with your opponent. Against Ill. St. if that happened then it happened- to me that is not a big deal as the competiveness before a game and ones emotions can be very high as most of us know. For UNI players to call out fans after a game last yr. and for some of the other stuff that has occurred over the years I just don't haver any respect for their program- I don't care how many games they have won in the past or if they win this one tomorrow. It all starts at the top.

Comment

Too many years around sturgis.. For The win is a great reason to use FTW and I'll gladly accept that.. agagin, welcome UNIFTW...

Comment

Beat UNI's frickin a**!!!!

If there is a team to "hate" in the MV it is the *****cats.

GO JACKS

Comment

Asking the Jacks to take on the Bison's light work?
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I mentioned the player getting minor punishment not as a comment on the player, but as a comment on the coach. You get 100 18- to 22-year-old kids together and somebody's probably going to get in trouble. That doesn't make them "thugs". Nobody should be judged only by their bad moments in life.

The difference in programs is how the head coach deals with those off-the-field problems. The message here is clearly that the head coach doesn't think it's a big deal for a player to beat up another student athlete and be arrested for assault. I'm just guessing that Stig would consider it a very, very big deal if an SDSU football player made the same dumb mistake.

SDSU 21
                    UNI 17
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I'll take SDSU by a FG. Something low scoring like 17-14.

Comment

Does anybody know if the game will be on TV or if any of the local watering holes will broadcast the game in Sioux falls?

Comment

Originally posted by kdybdahl View Post
                          Does anybody know if the game will be on TV or if any of the local watering holes will broadcast the game in Sioux falls?
                          It's on Midcontinent in Sioux Falls. Details here:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205003359
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            I mentioned the player getting minor punishment not as a comment on the player, but as a comment on the coach. You get 100 18- to 22-year-old kids together and somebody's probably going to get in trouble. That doesn't make them "thugs". Nobody should be judged only by their bad moments in life.

The difference in programs is how the head coach deals with those off-the-field problems. The message here is clearly that the head coach doesn't think it's a big deal for a player to beat up another student athlete and be arrested for assault. I'm just guessing that Stig would consider it a very, very big deal if an SDSU football player made the same dumb mistake.

SDSU 21
                            UNI 17
                            He didn't beat up him...he was arrested for "Assult without intent to injure". Jordan pushed the kick pressing charges after the kid started talking crap to his face, from what I hear. Three months later daddy decides to press charges because he is angry Jordan is playing football apparently.

Yes, FTW is For The Win.

As for the actual game thoughts:

I hope your WR #2 is ok. He seemed to be in a lot of pain leaving the field at the end of the game. Dude is a player, and without looking at the stats I'd bet he caught 80% of the completed passes. If he could have ever been hit in stride he may have taken one to the house. Unfortunately for you, your QB sucks something awful. We played a soft zone all night, and your QB couldn't hit the open WR to save his life. It took a lot of good adjustments by your WR to make the catches.

Oh, and enjoy Minett while you have him this year. Dude is a beast.

Comment

Working...
                            X