• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI Week

I am over last Sat.

What do we know about the Panthers?

Re: UNI Week

After listening to the UNI/NDSU on the radio game two weeks ago, they are very good. They have a good running back in Carlos Anderson, their QB is a JUCO, but did some neat things in the NDSU game. Terrill Rennee, the QB has nearly as many rushing yards as he has passing 300 rushing to 400 something passing in three games. He picked a lot of rushing yards against NDSU.

If scores mean anything, they did not fare very well against Iowa State. ISU shut them out 27-0. So either ISU is better this year or UNI is lesser of an animal to deal with.

Comment

I believe UNI out-gained the Cyclones by over 100 yards,but were done in by 5 turnovers.

Comment

Running QB? Maybe the game plan will be similar to Nebraska: stop the run and make them pass.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
          I am over last Sat.

What do we know about the Panthers?
          The Panthers at home is all we need to know. Rennie their QB is lightning fast and their tailback is also quick. Zach Davis their other QB is more of a thrower. Both QB's have been given time in their gamers so far I believe. This will be another tough challenge for the Jacks but I believe we can do this.

Comment

TV tweeted UNI may be down a qb this weekend.

Comment

I had read some things on UNI threads at AnyGivenSaturday. From what some of their fans say, the team has a turnover problem and some trouble covering the flats. Now, I don't know if this is still true this late into the season. To me, it looks like the Jacks are going to have to be opportunistic in the game.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                the team has a turnover problem and some trouble covering the flats.
                Please don't let Meadows read that. We'll be running those stupid plays until we lose.

Anyways. I'm of the same mind UNI is not as good as previous years. Of course, are we?

Things I know about our first 3 opponents. They didn't suck. Delaware is a Top 5 team. Illinois State continues to get better. And Nebraska is...well...Nebraska
                I think the team knows what kind of effort needs to be put out now. When they put out that effort this week we will go 1-0.

My opinion is that we keep that Oline the way they were lined up at Nebraska. Not sure if McKnight would have a huge problem with that, but that group was doing a phenomenal job opening up places for Minett to run.
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                  We'll be running those stupid plays until we lose.
                  Oh come off it.

I get so tired of bellyaching about conservative play calling. Guess what? TOB is a sophomore and he looks like a sophomore and he plays like a sophomore and he telegraphs his passes like a sophomore and he makes sophomore decisions.

The kid has a quick release and about the best they can do with that right now is give him two reads on the same side of the field close to the sidelines so he's not at risk of throwing it into a defender if he misses his target. Deal with it.

Comment

Their defense if really, really fast. I would be much more concerned with moving the ball on their defense than their offense moving the ball on your defense. Their qb is dynamic too, it's almost like he's on skates out there.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                      Their defense if really, really fast. I would be much more concerned with moving the ball on their defense than their offense moving the ball on your defense. Their qb is dynamic too, it's almost like he's on skates out there.
                      If their defense is as fast as you say, then perhaps the gameplan that the coaches used against Nebraska will come in handy this week as well. Ignore the sweeps and toss plays and just run between the tackles.

As far as a dynamic QB, I wonder if Stig will have two spies like he did against Martinez? How is the UNI passing game?

Comment

Minett between the tackles. Minett between the tackles. Swing pass to Minett. First down.

They held NDSU to -40 net yards rushing on 33 attempts. But I have to think Nebraska has a better run defense than UNI.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          They held NDSU to -40 net yards rushing on 33 attempts.
                          That was an ugly game.

Mohler got sacked 11 times.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            Minett between the tackles. Minett between the tackles. Swing pass to Minett. First down.

They held NDSU to -40 net yards rushing on 33 attempts. But I have to think Nebraska has a better run defense than UNI.
                            The QB sacks skewed those rushing numbers.

I have to think that the Jacks will take the ball out of TOB's hands as much as they can and let Kyle take over the game. When SDSU needs to pass, they need to keep the passes short and the reads simple.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              The QB sacks skewed those rushing numbers.
                              I thought so as well, and then I went and looked at the numbers....

Check this out:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204992347

McNorton finished with 5 yards net and Sigers had only 2.

That was an *ugly* game.

Comment

Working...
                              X