Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNI Week

I was at the UNI-ISU game Saturday.

Panthers moved the ball well but both QBs threw pick-6s. Both looked shaky at times. Rennie is elusive but also fumbled on about the one-foot line into the endzone for a touchback with about 1:30 left in the game.
    Turnovers in the redzone have plagued UNI this year.

UNI's defense only gave up 13 points and Iowa State's offensive touchdown came after a fake field goal on a great effort by the kicker to barely pick up the first down. Iowa State's first-string QB left after the first series with an injury and the Cyclone passing attack after that was almost non-existant. The back-up's passes were mostly off target.
    Panthers also had a field goal attempt blocked.

Carlos Anderson never really got untracked. A backup straight-ahead runner picked up good yardage late in the game.

The Cyclones are better on defense than two years ago. Their offense has struggled, however.

It was pretty amazing following the SDSU-Nebraska score on the scoreboard at Jack Trice Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      We have to find a way to score without expecting TOB to throw the ball for 300 and 3 TDs. We just don't have the passing game to expect that.
      Yet. In '93 at the start of the season McDonald had a good arm and no head. By the middle of the season you could watch him checking off recievers and throwing pin point strikes. It was a thing of beauty. This could happen again with TOB.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
        Yet. In '93 at the start of the season McDonald had a good arm and no head. By the middle of the season you could watch him checking off recievers and throwing pin point strikes. It was a thing of beauty. This could happen again with TOB.
        I remember that year quite well. Seems like when Haensel coached his last game one of his comments was that he had a good class of freshmen which included McDonald, and I suspect TOB is of the McDonald mold.

Comment

Except that he looked great against Montana in the opener that year.

TOB will come around. If not it will be a long season.
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jack View Post
            Meadows calls the plays. The game plan is put together by all the offensive coaches.
            Do you know that for a fact, or still assuming it from last season? At the ISU game there's no way it appeared he was calling plays as his play chart was tucked away most of the time.

I hate myself for getting into over-analyzing mode.
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I should have said we don't have the passing game yet.....

I have little doubt that we'll come out with the same philosophy as the NU game. If that isn't working adjustments will have to be made and again I expect those adjustments will include the expectation that TOB will get it done in the passing game.

I'm counting on the defense we saw on Saturday to show up and hold UNI down. SDSU hasn't scored more than 3 in the first half and 14 in a game so even if that happens it doesn't mean a W.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Looks like the game will be televised on Mediacom...which really does me no-good living in SF, but nice for those who have mediacom!!

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Anyone know if Midcontinent will pick it up?

Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Wish I could go to the game. All the best, Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                    Looks like the game will be televised on Mediacom...which really does me no-good living in SF, but nice for those who have mediacom!!

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Anyone know if Midcontinent will pick it up?

Go Jacks!!
                    Just saw a tweet from Tom Neiman that the game will be on Midco channel 323 at 4pm Saturday.
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Press release RE: Mdico picking up Jacks UNI game

http://www.gojacks.com//ViewArticle....CLID=205003359

Comment

Shouldn't this be titled UNI Weak?

/tip your waitresses
                        //show's self door
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Not unless you were thinking the title should describe your post.

I kid, I kid
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            Press release RE: Mdico picking up Jacks UNI game

http://www.gojacks.com//ViewArticle....CLID=205003359
                            Better get my blood pressure medication......not sure how many more of these games I can take.....was actually hoping I wouldn't be able to watch.
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

UNI 14
                              Jacks 9

.....and that's WITH nine UNI fumbles!!

Comment

Originally posted by CapnCat View Post
                                UNI 14
                                Jacks 9

.....and that's WITH nine UNI fumbles!!

Oh please...........they'll have way more than 9!
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X