Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Argument for New Indoor Facility

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
    I have heard the BSA won't even be recognizable when they are finished.
    Not exactly a bad thing.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
      BTW, does anyone know the overall width and length dimensions of a standard 200m track? I'm curious to see how big the building would be. I assume it's somewhere in the area of 300ft by 200ft, but that's just a guess.
      http://www.iaaf.org/mm/Document/Comp...web-2_6569.pdf

Here's a guess based on this snippet:

Experience has shown that the most suitable 200m oval tracks are constructed with bend radii of between 15.00m and 19.00m with an optimum of 17.200m.
      17.2m * π * 2 = 108m in the curves, 46m straights.

The infield would be 34.4m wide and 80.4m long.

If there are 8 lanes @ 1.25m apiece, the track itself is 10m wide.

Thus the overall length and width of the track would be 54.4m by 100.4m, or 178.4 feet by 329.3 feet

Comment

Is SDSU going to get a new Indoor or Outdoor Track Facility? This would attract more recruits as well if they do. So are they and When?

Comment

Originally posted by fanofball View Post
          Is SDSU going to get a new Indoor or Outdoor Track Facility? This would attract more recruits as well if they do. So are they and When?
          Read the posts above for answers (or go to the Football segment, and to the thread on "New Stadium" and you will get more answers. We need one, it is one of the top priorities for the department, and they are working on it(Indoor Practice Facility, which would include an indoor track). We will not ever (maybe too big a word) have an outdoor track again for a variety of reasons.

Comment

Another thing to consider is that we can't even use out spikes in the HPER which is ridiculous because it is an important piece of equipment for our sport. We can wear the shoes we just can't have the spikes in them. And sometimes the janitors will check to see if there are no spikes in our shoes.

Plus, the sprinters don't even use lanes 1 and 2 only lanes 3 & 4 because it is easier on their shins and plus it is hard to sprint around some of those corners because of the tight turns.

I also believe we need a practice field just designated to the track team because during the Fall we practice on the intramural fields and one of the intramurals that is goin on at this specific time is Flag Football. The students who participate in this always wear cleats and it tears up the field. Want to know how difficult it is to attempt to run on a smooth surface were the ground isn't torn up or attempt not to twist your ankle.....well its very difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by 400jack View Post
              Another thing to consider is that we can't even use out spikes in the HPER which is ridiculous because it is an important piece of equipment for our sport. We can wear the shoes we just can't have the spikes in them. And sometimes the janitors will check to see if there are no spikes in our shoes.

Plus, the sprinters don't even use lanes 1 and 2 only lanes 3 & 4 because it is easier on their shins and plus it is hard to sprint around some of those corners because of the tight turns.

I also believe we need a practice field just designated to the track team because during the Fall we practice on the intramural fields and one of the intramurals that is goin on at this specific time is Flag Football. The students who participate in this always wear cleats and it tears up the field. Want to know how difficult it is to attempt to run on a smooth surface were the ground isn't torn up or attempt not to twist your ankle.....well its very difficult.

It seems that you are on the track team with your uses of "we" and "ours". is that correct?

Comment

I can't imagine any of those lanes are easy on shins. Even if some lanes are easier.

Comment

yep thats correct

Comment

Originally posted by 400jack View Post
                    yep thats correct

What events do you participate in?

Comment

I would imagine that he participates in the 400 and related events based on his name. And no, nothing about the HPER track is easy on the legs and joints of SDSU's track athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksdistance View Post
                        nothing about the HPER track is easy on the legs and joints of SDSU's track athletes.
                        Or any athletes, really. Look how many stress fractures the WBB players have had.

Comment

first of all im not a he and run the 400 and 200....sometimes 100 but mainly the first two

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            Or any athletes, really. Look how many stress fractures the WBB players have had.
                            The HPER track has nothing to do with WBB injuries. I don't think I've ever seen them on the track. Their injuries are caused by something on the court or in the weight room.

Comment

Working...
                            X