Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit Tourney Game 2 -ORU

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
    Is there a score update? I thought the game started at 1?
    ORU is up 11-2 going to the top of 7. Jacks had bases loaded with 1 out and couldn't get them in.
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
      ORU is up 11-2 going to the top of 7. Jacks had bases loaded with 1 out and couldn't get them in.
      ORU wins it 12-2.
      Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
        12-2 ORU wins its 13th straight Summit/Mid-Con baseball title. Eagles still haven't lost a game in the Summit tourney.

Comment

Good season for the jacks.If we can stenghen our pitching staff,it would help alot for next year.Again, congradulations to the team on one of the best seasons in baseball we've had.

Comment

Great season fellas! Hold your heads high!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
              Great season fellas! Hold your heads high!
              Amen, and Ritchie needs a big raise in order to keep him on board. I sat at the same table as he did two years ago at the endowment banquet. I was really impressed with him as a person. It hard to believe that Ritchie got tossed from a game in the Summit tourney, but I suppose he was trying to light a fire under the guys, who went flat against ORU in the first game.

Comment

It really was a great season by the Jacks, no need to hang their head about losing to ORU in the tournament. It's really hard to defeat a good team that is use to winning, but hopefully it'll be a learning experience for the Jacks and they can carry it into next season.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Congrats to the Jacks and Ritchie for the GREATEST season ever in jacks baseball. We are young and only going to better.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    It really was a great season by the Jacks, no need to hang their head about losing to ORU in the tournament. It's really hard to defeat a good team that is use to winning, but hopefully it'll be a learning experience for the Jacks and they can carry it into next season.
                    Jacks baseball was top notch this year. MANY RECORDS fell, and only one game short of tying record for most wins in a season. Next year, hope Jacks chose to host baseball tourney, and get it the heck out of Tulsa.

Comment

If the Rabbits chose to host & an arrangement cannot be reached with
                      Sioux Falls to use Sioux Falls stadium, which would be foolish on the part of Sioux Falls, a couple of other options would be Caldwell Park in Mitchell, which with the adjacent Drake field provides and excellent setup or Rapid City. While neither is as close to campus as Sioux Falls, both towns are known as baseball towns, both have local players on the roster and provide exposure for SDSU outside the immediate Brookings-Sioux Falls area
                      USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                        If the Rabbits chose to host & an arrangement cannot be reached with
                        Sioux Falls to use Sioux Falls stadium, which would be foolish on the part of Sioux Falls, a couple of other options would be Caldwell Park in Mitchell, which with the adjacent Drake field provides and excellent setup or Rapid City. While neither is as close to campus as Sioux Falls, both towns are known as baseball towns, both have local players on the roster and provide exposure for SDSU outside the immediate Brookings-Sioux Falls area
                        How about the Brookings HS/Cubbies ball diamond? Could that work? Does Watertown have a decent baseball stadium?

The Pheasant's stadium in SuFu is the best stadium, but IMHO, any stands for a crowd of 1K would turn the trick. Must be a night playable stadium though.

Comment

I like the idea of Cadwell Park, especially that soul-crushing 420-foot distance to dead center. I call it "The place where homers go to die".

Jocko and the staff at Mitchell are top-notch in hosting big tournaments, considering they host the State Amateur Tournament almost every year. And ya can't forget the Commercial Club hamburgers! Makes me drool just thinking about it.

Yeah... Summit League Baseball at Cadwell Park would be PERFECT! Great suggestion!
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                            I like the idea of Cadwell Park, especially that soul-crushing 420-foot distance to dead center. I call it "The place where homers go to die".

Jocko and the staff at Mitchell are top-notch in hosting big tournaments, considering they host the State Amateur Tournament almost every year. And ya can't forget the Commercial Club hamburgers! Makes me drool just thinking about it.

Yeah... Summit League Baseball at Cadwell Park would be PERFECT! Great suggestion!
                            I know Cadwell Park has alot of history in SD. But the facility and playing surface are average at best. When you compare the playing surfaces at Erv Heuther Field & Cadwell Park it's not even close. There are alot of politics (Amateur President lives in Salem) that go into who hosts the amateur tournament. It has nothing to do with bringing the event to the best park available. The Summit League Tourney needs to be either in Brookings or Sioux Falls!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                              I know Cadwell Park has alot of history in SD. But the facility and playing surface are average at best. When you compare the playing surfaces at Erv Heuther Field & Cadwell Park it's not even close. There are alot of politics (Amateur President lives in Salem) that go into who hosts the amateur tournament. It has nothing to do with bringing the event to the best park available. The Summit League Tourney needs to be either in Brookings or Sioux Falls!
                              A voice of reason. Well said.

Comment

From Tyler's audio clip page, comments from Coach Price on the season.

Pretty amazing, I didn't realize that they had only lost one series all year long.
                                20-12 non-conference, 19-9 conference. Heck of a year. Can't wait for next year.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X