Minnesota - gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota - gdt

We move to the 9th still tied 4-4. Gopers have their stud in Matyas. They must want this game pretty bad to throw him in a tie game. He has been thier closer prior to an injury.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Bottom of the 9th and the Goffies lead off with a seeing eye chopper over the infields head.

Need some tough defense and pitching to get to extra innings.

GBGBGJ

Comment

We move to extra innings and the Goffies got a couple of ground balls and a fly to the warning track to make things interesting.

Pitching change for the Goffies.

GBGBGJ
        Last edited by Chains; 03-14-2010, 04:57 PM. Reason: wrong team

Comment

Pitching change for the Goffies. Jacks have runners on 2nd and 3rd but two outs. I think John Lee is batting? Lubinsky (so) in for the Goffies

GBGBGJ
          Last edited by Chains; 03-14-2010, 05:06 PM. Reason: add player

Comment

Jacks score 2 runs with 2 outs in bottom of 10th. 6-4 Jacks still top of 10th.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

John with a single to score two and the Jacks lead 6-4 going to bottom of 10th. Thank you Mr.Lee! His blog later today may be interesting if the Jacks can hold on.

GBGBGJ

Comment

One down and a Gopher on first base. Vermuellen (sp) on the mound for the Jacks. We could use a ground ball for that famous 6-4-3 double to end it? I am being a little optimistic.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                  One down and a Gopher on first base. Vermuellen (sp) on the mound for the Jacks. We could use a ground ball for that famous 6-4-3 double to end it? I am being a little optimistic.

GBGBGJ
                  Jacks do get the double play and beat the Gophers 6-4. Great weekend for the Jacks.

GBGBGJ

Comment

DP, Jacks win!

SDSU 6 - UM 4

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                      DP, Jacks win!

SDSU 6 - UM 4

ORU might not be the only big Summit kid on the block any more.

Comment

Serious question: Does USD have to add baseball.softball to join the Summit? Apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere but I don't remember it coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          Serious question: Does USD have to add baseball.softball to join the Summit? Apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere but I don't remember it coming up.
                          I dont think they do. UMKC and IUPUI dont field baseball teams.

Comment

They do not have to add baseball which is fine because we now have great access to many of the best players in the area with little competition. As for softball, they already have a softball team.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                              They do not have to add baseball which is fine because we now have great access to many of the best players in the area with little competition. As for softball, they already have a softball team.
                              USD dropped baseball back when they dropped wrestling I believe? Another recruiting plus is that Iowa State (I think) dropped baseball a couple of years ago. That should give the Jacks access to some pretty good baseball players in northern and western Iowa.

GBGBGJ

Comment

UMKC was planning to add baseball. Don't know if that got hit by the economic downturn. Too lazy to google it up.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X