Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it might be time for open trials for pitching help from the student body.

or maybe UNC has just turned into the greatest offensive baseball team since the 27 Yankees

last week they averaged over 11 runs a game vs UNO- impressive
    this week they averaged over 21 runs a game vs the Jacks- insane
    next week 31+ runs per game vs ?? must be ORU or NDSU gonna be interesting if they keep this up

I think that will be the end of my baseball comments regarding this weeks action

OH one more thing- in the middle of ALL THAT, Nick McKay probably still has at least an outside shot at being pitcher of the week again. I mean he only gave up 3 runs in 6 innings in the first game today. in the second game UNC put up that much, AT LEAST, in 6 of 7 innings. plus he only walked one batter and had 8 Ks

honestly i dont even want to look at the box scores and know how many innings UNC scored 3+ runs, 4+ runs, 6+ runs, or 8 or 9 runs. they have had FOUR run rule games in their last 5 and technically 5 of 5, including all 3 against us, but one game today, they did not go up by 10+ until the top of the ninth, so the regulation 9 innings were played

Comment

Jacks get off to a good start vs the mavs in game 1 last night

I was a little worried. earlier in the year, coming off a great road sweep of ORU, the Jacks played back to back weeks in omaha and lost 4 of 5 games to STU and UNC

but played very well yesterday. Mckay- 8 innings, 1 earned, 1 BB, 10 Ks, 4th win in 5 summit starts (the other was a no decision. he left with the jacks leading by 3. absolutely has to be leading the P(itcher) OY race) and Frost 2 HR and 4 RBI (absolutely has to be leading the POY race) lead the way to a win

can the Jacks get another good outing from a pitcher not named Mckay

in the conference race, it feels like ORU is beginning to find their footing. after UNC scored over 21 runs a game vs the Jacks, ORU held them to less than 6 runs a game to go 2-0-1 against the bears. Jacks got back on track taking the road series 2 games to 1 in Fargo. another road series win vs UNO would be BIG and hopefully ORU / STU and NDSU / UNC beat each other up

Comment

Weird season, some major wins and then some major slumps. BIg win last night over the Huskers in Nebraska. Big series this weekend against the Bison to fight to even get a spot in the conference tournament.

Comment

Working...
        X