Northern Colorado @ Rapid City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northern Colorado @ Rapid City

West-River Jack: Makes sense. If properly advertised, a game with big-time potential should attract some interest. I suspect alums in the Rapid City area simply are not in the habit of attending SDSU events and it may take some time to rekindle the interest. That will be hard to do because most events will have to take place in Brookings for financial and related reasons. But, I applaud the athletic department for setting up the Northern Colorado baseball games this weekend and I hope they continue to try to come up with other events in Rapid. Watching the Jacks come from behind and win like they did this weekend, is exciting stuff.

Comment

Just saw the box score Sunday's attendance was 673.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
        Just saw the box score Sunday's attendance was 673.

Go State!
        Which, really, is not bad for a college baseball game . . . especially a 'home' game played 400 miles from your main campus . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
          [quote author=89rabbit link=1176949696/30#31 date=1177308655]Just saw the box score Sunday's attendance was 673.

Go State!  
          Which, really, is not bad for a college baseball game . . . especially a 'home' game played 400 miles from your main campus . . . [/quote]

You are correct.  It is actually very good.  A team like Minnesota who ranked as #49 last year in home attendance avg. 1,189 per game in '06.

http://www.ncaa.org/stats/baseball/a...attendance.pdf

Go State!  

Comment

I forgot to ask earlier, did anyone go to the Alumni Association picnic before Saturday's game? If so how was it?

Go State!

Comment

Working...
            X