Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Division I Independent Baseball Tournament

Originally posted by filbert
    [quote author=Jacks02 link=1179606929/0#12 date=1180058365]Hmm, now long now until Reggie starts getting looks by more established programs?
    You did see that Chicago State is 4-51?  The Bandits could probably beat them.[/quote]

Yeah I did, and obviously he wouldn't get looks based on one game or one season, but he has completely turned the program around and has it going in the right direction in just his 3rd season as coach.  

I pretty much said the comment as a joke, but its not completely out of the question that we could compete next year in the Summit and a make a run at the conference title.  The Jacks could finish this season with 35 wins, you can't tell me that won't catch some attention from people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02
      [quote author=filbert link=1179606929/0#13 date=1180059800][quote author=Jacks02 link=1179606929/0#12 date=1180058365]Hmm, now long now until Reggie starts getting looks by more established programs?
      You did see that Chicago State is 4-51? The Bandits could probably beat them.[/quote]

Yeah I did, and obviously he wouldn't get looks based on one game or one season, but he has completely turned the program around and has it going in the right direction in just his 3rd season as coach.

I pretty much said the comment as a joke, but its not completely out of the question that we could compete next year in the Summit and a make a run at the conference title. The Jacks could finish this season with 35 wins, you can't tell me that won't catch some attention from people.[/quote]
      OK, you got me!

Don't get me wrong, 31-18 vs. D-I schools is better than 18-31, but that record against D-I competition is good for #217 on Warren Nolan's baseball RPI rating.

http://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2007/rpi

Our schedule hasn't exactly been filled with top-tier D-I teams. Nolan ranks our strength of schedule at 292.

I'll definitely agree that if Christiansen manages to steal a Summit title from Oral Roberts, he'll certainly be a coach to be watched. But I'm not sure that he's quite yet in the same category as, say, AJ was coming off of last year. He's got SDSU baseball going in the right direction, though.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Coach Reggie has without a doubt got SDSU going in the right direction, but I not sure how much. The inclusion of 7 Post 22 players from Rapid on the roster is a real first, but it takes much more. We have to find out how good we are when we play next year in the Summit. I am with Filbert, we are probably are not there yet in losing a good baseball coach.

I caught the tail end of a interview on KJJQ sports show this morning between Scotty and Tyler Merriman. They were discussing Chicago State and how they won 2 of their last games and were close in others.  Apparently the guys did not take Chicago State lightly as they could have. Its been a great season and hopefully a better one will occur next year.

Comment

I think Reggie is doing an outstanding job with the team. I would love to see what he could do if he had a full 11.7 scholarship (we are at 7). As a side note, if we were in the Mid-Con/Summit League this year we would have the second highest RPI only trailing ORU (although we are well behind the Eagles, currently they are the Kings of Mid-Con Baseball -- something like 10 conference titles in a row).

Go State!  

Comment

Very impressive stuff. I've seen them play a couple of times this year and this is a talented team. They will compete in The Summit League. About time ORU has a rival on the diamond.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

SDSU vs. UNC middle of 6th - Jacks lead 8-3.

Game Tracker available here:http://wolverinegreen.cstv.com/sport...sebl-body.html
              Click on SDSU logo.
              If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks for the link to the Game Tracker.

SDSU 10, UNC 4 going into the 8th.

Comment

Top of the 9th

SDSU 11 - UNC 6

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                    I think Reggie is doing an outstanding job with the team.  I would love to see what he could do if he had a full 11.7 scholarship (we are at 7).  As a side note, if we were in the Mid-Con/Summit League this year we would have the second highest RPI only trailing ORU (although we are well behind the Eagles, currently they are the Kings of Mid-Con Baseball -- something like 10 conference titles in a row).

Go State!  

NDSU's head coach resigned the other day.  Too much travel and stress.
                    http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.d...;ATCLID=898872
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Final Score

SDSU 11 - UNC 6

Go State!

Comment

Up next New Jersey Tech to close out the tourney in about a half hour.

Go State!

Comment

Thanks for the updates. I'm stuck at work with no 910 to be heard.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
                            Thanks for the updates. I'm stuck at work with no 910 to be heard.
                            I too am at work (in Kansas) and listening on the internet:

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Broadcasts/Index.cfm

Go State!

Comment

Top of the 2nd

NJIT 2 - SDSU 0

First time during the tourney that the Rabbits have been behind.

Go State!

Comment

Top of the 7th

NJIT 5 - SDSU 2

Go State!  

Comment

Working...
                                X