X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ORU

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    By losing 3 of 4 to ORU?
    Easy now. There is still some ball left to play.

Comment

One run losses are worse than blow-outs in my opinion,knowing you were right there til the end ,against the best in the league,has got to be disheartening.Blow- outs at least you know you're not a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        By losing 3 of 4 to ORU?
        Read the article...we're playing better.

Comment

I haven't watched this team much (just 2 games) but I've read a lot of "maybe they'll turn it around" stuff on here. After so many games, maybe it's time to say that this team just isn't that good?
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Of maybe this team is just very young. After all 12 of our 17 pitchers are sophomores or freshmen.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Nice win! Congrats to Somsen and his teammates for sticking with it. Looks like maybe we're turning a corner on the season.
              Layne has been pitching very well and will continue to improve if he can stay healthy. Jack's bats need to pick up as pitching will be there for years to come.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I wouldn't get too excited about taking 1-of-4 from ORU's worst hitting team in 25 years.

A guy from OAKLAND threw a 2-hitter at us last month.

Six pitchers from Arkansas combined for a no-hitter through 8.1 innings, before the Razorbacks left fielder misjudged a line drive in the lights and let it go over his head for our only hit of the night.

We're just not very good so far this year, though the pitching has been pretty decent. You guys are worse - pretty obvious the graduations and the coaching change have knocked you back into reality.

Maybe we'll see you in Tulsa the end of the month, but meanwhile best of luck trying to qualify (intentionally snarky passive-aggressive closing slap is an homage to the typical SDSU fan post on our message board - really don't care one way or the other if you qualify for Tulsa).

Comment

I guess some basketball losses and seasons sting a little longer than others.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    I guess some basketball losses and seasons sting a little longer than others.
                    I was going to add that its probably for the best that ORU bailed, Its a long trip to SF for the summit tourney just to lose in the first day or two. Probably smart on ORU so they dont have lose to us anymore. SDSU and NDSU baseball are on the rise and ORU knows its not going to have a strangle hold on it anymore.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Who said anything about basketball??

So typical: next thing you know, you'll be bringing up the attendance figures from women's basketball and football games.

Since no one wants to stay on topic, here's a little bit about a lot:

1. ORU is having a down year at the plate in BASEBALL, but is still the odds-on favorite to win their whatever-teenth-straight Summit League title later in the month. If ORU somehow manages to lose their final SL conference baseball tournament, it will only solidify a suspicion that this may be the weakest Golden Eagle baseball team in twenty years. It will NOT be because anyone in the Summit League is "on their way up".

2. You guys did have a nice little run of better-than-mediocre baseball for a season or two, until the coach who was responsible decided he'd like to be able to go to the bathroom once in a while while at the "STADIUM", so he split for a place that had plumbing. It's over now...

3. Western Illinois also gave YOU guys all you wanted in this year's BASKETBALL tournament, in your FIRST TRIP EVER past the semi's. Congrats; and good luck with the Leathernecks, the Bison, and Grizz next season, with that big ol' target on your back. You'll find, as we did, that it's not so easy assuming the role of frontrunner. Nate's awesome; enjoy him while you have him, 'cause guys like him and Ben Woodside at NDSU come along once in a generation, with predictable results after they're gone.

4. And you guys keep telling yourselves the reason ORU left for the Southland Conference is because we're somehow SCARED of you and NDSU. What a joke: the only thing we're afraid of is the blizzards - DURING BASEBALL GAMES AND TRACK MEETS.

By the way, which D-II school from Minnesota will the Summit be adding when Oakland bolts for Butler's vacated spot in the Horizon in a few weeks?

Comment

Lol.

The butthurt is strong with this one.

Comment

Apparently Old Titan has a fresh ax wound between his legs (I'm calling you a pu$$ (if you couldn't tell, old man) for getting your panites in a bundle).
                          Last edited by Homer Jack; 05-03-2012, 11:50 AM. Reason: to make fun of Old Titan
                          [Jacks] Baseball is Life.

Comment

Obviously ORU is stepping down from the Summit because they can't handle the cold, we get that. And the Gophers are always welcome to join the Summit.
                            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Old Titan....are you crying?There's no crying in baseball........J/K!(hope you saw the movie!)

Comment

Working...
                              X