ORU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORU

Will the weather allow today's game to be played? I have been looking forward to attending. Since I live 350 plus miles away I don't get to attend many games.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Re: ORU

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    Will the weather allow today's game to be played? I have been looking forward to attending. Since I live 350 plus miles away I don't get to attend many games.
    Tyler tweeted that they were going to try and play. I'd follow his twitter for more updates.

https://twitter.com/#!/tylermerriam
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

*sigh*

84º in Tulsa today.

REALLY going to miss trying to play April baseball in the Dakotas, beginning next year.

Not.

Comment

I wasn't aware people from the south were such pansies.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          I wasn't aware people from the south were such pansies.
          You didn't? Then you should take a look at their fan board a little more often......OT is the leading whiner.......
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
            You didn't? Then you should take a look at their fan board a little more often......OT is the leading whiner.......
            Honk honk rep points given.

Comment

SDSU 1 - ORU 0 Top of 4

Comment

Now mind you I've only seen five games, but this is the worst defensive team I can remember at SDSU. Baseball at this level comes down to little things - especially on defense. Watching yesterday there were bad errors that cost the team runs again, but there are items that don't show up in the box score that are also costing this team.

Example - Two routine flyballs to shallow left field. One by SDSU and one by ORU. The SDSU flyball was caught by the ORU outfielder in a good throwing position and he threw out the SDSU runner trying to score. The ORU flyball was misjudged by the SDSU outfield he had to dive to make the catch. The ORU runner scored. Final score ORU 7, SDSU 6.

In 31 games this season SDSU has made 70 errors. When they commit to playing good defense (Minnesota & Creighton) good things happen. But more often than not this season that has not been the focus. Go Rabbits!

Comment

For the most part, have to agree with 6-4-3. Errors have been killing us (particularly errors at crucial times, a number of those by pitchers). But it is a combination of poor batting (particulary poor with RISP) along with defensive errors.. It is hard to figure out what has happened to the hitters on this team. Of the eight
                  returning from last year with at least 100 at bats, five are way below last year's averages. Zach Briggs is OK (.278 last year, .273), and slightly better are Andrew Melton (.262 .283) and Daniel Marra (.257 .294). But what has happened to Hanowski (.349 .286 -- although injury in his case may well be the problem), Phelan (.333 .280), Cain (.322 .271), Rhodes (.318 .234) and Telford (.308 .232). That is just hard to figure.

On the error side, Cain had 20 last year, and stands at 13 now, followed by Melton (7 10), Marra (1 8), Rhodes ( 0 5) and Machbitz (1 11). On the last one, that might explain why Machbitz was not on first this weekend (used as a pinch hitter on several occasions).

On the pitching side, only 6 of last year's 12 pitchers are on this year's team. Current starters include Bougher (junior) and Emery (sophomore) from last year, and Adam Bray (freshman) and Layne Somsen (junior, but out two years with Tommy John's). A lot of the pitchers seeing some time are freshmen. Given all that, it seems to me that the pitching is not doing that bad, but is hurt by the lack of runs produced by their teammates.

Have a tough job to get into the tournament, and are getting to the point that we will almost have to win out to make it. Regardless of all that .... GO JACKS!

Comment

Jacks avoid sweep. Somsen goes 8 inn. and only gives up 2 hits

SDSU 3 - ORU 1

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Comment

Nice win boys! One error. When this team plays good defense good things happen. Go Rabbits!

Comment

TV's article http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

Comment

Nice win! Congrats to Somsen and his teammates for sticking with it. Looks like maybe we're turning a corner on the season.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              Nice win! Congrats to Somsen and his teammates for sticking with it. Looks like maybe we're turning a corner on the season.
                              By losing 3 of 4 to ORU?

Comment

Working...
                              X