X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake Treinen Signs

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...news|text|Home

Re: Blake Treinen Signs

Per baseball america Blake signed for $52,500. That's a pretty good amount especially since he is a senior sign and had very little leverage.

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
      Per baseball america Blake signed for $52,500. That's a pretty good amount especially since he is a senior sign and had very little leverage.
      Can you give us a link to the signing bonuses?

Comment

If that is true he has one heck of an agent. I figured 20K tops. Signing early is a good thing though will be able to start right away with the rookie level club. From the sound of it he will head to Vermont and play for the LakeMonsters. They are short season low A. which clubs have an extra minor league club at this level while others do not. Generally they send there older rookies and the guys that they held in extended spring training to this league. The league starts friday.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
          Can you give us a link to the signing bonuses?
          It's a subscription only link, but here it is.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draftdb/2011team.php?team=1014

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            If that is true he has one heck of an agent. I figured 20K tops. Signing early is a good thing though will be able to start right away with the rookie level club. From the sound of it he will head to Vermont and play for the LakeMonsters. They are short season low A. which clubs have an extra minor league club at this level while others do not. Generally they send there older rookies and the guys that they held in extended spring training to this league. The league starts friday.
            I expect him to go to Vermont as well. Within the top 10 rounds seniors can get some decent money lately it seems. If he had been a junior and had the leverage of going back to school he would have got at least double if not triple that amount. The pick right before him signed for $110k and the pick right after him signed for $125k.

Comment

52K should help pay off some of his college loans, baseball scholarships are split so many different ways, that I suspect he had some debt along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                52K should help pay off some of his college loans, baseball scholarships are split so many different ways, that I suspect he had some debt along the way.
                Exactly! I know he originally walked on here and I'm not sure if he was even on scholarship his junior season or not. So at best he had maybe 2 years on a small scholarship.

Comment

Blake made his pro debut yesterday in the Rookie ball Arizona league. He pitched 1 inning in relief allowed 1 hit, 1 walk and had 2 strike outs.

Comment

According to Blake's former teammate and former SDSU pitcher Matt Spinar, Treinen has been bumped up to Single A in Iowa.

I would assume that means he will be with the Burlington Bees.

So far Blakes stats from the Arizona Rookie league are:

3 games, 3 IP, 3 Hits allowed, 7 strike outs, 1 BB, 0 earned runs

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                      According to Blake's former teammate and former SDSU pitcher Matt Spinar, Treinen has been bumped up to Single A in Iowa.

I would assume that means he will be with the Burlington Bees.

So far Blakes stats from the Arizona Rookie league are:

3 games, 3 IP, 3 Hits allowed, 7 strike outs, 1 BB, 0 earned runs
                      Burlington just placed a pitcher on the DL and Blake will be taking his place.

Comment

Rough debut for Treinen 2IP 5H 4R 4ER 1BB 1SO
                        Last edited by joeboo22; 07-04-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=595014

A link to Blake's states with the Burlington Bees. He has had two good relief appearances and two bad ones.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Any more updates on Blake?

Comment

Here's his stats so far at Single-A

IP = 6.2
                              G = 6
                              W/L = 0-1
                              ERA = 10.8
                              Hits Allowed = 8
                              BB/SO = 5/4

He had a couple rough outings so it will take a while to get his numbers back down. It looks like he pitched a scoreless inning in his last outing so hopefully he is on the right track.

Comment

Working...
                              X