Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IUPUI women's basketball 'emotional abuse'

Here is an excerpt from the article:

But what, if anything, the university thinks Hart did wrong was unclear. Athletic Director Michael Moore said imply that Hart was terminated "without cause." That means that Hart, who was hired in 2004, will be paid about $300,000 -- the salary she would have earned during the remainder of her contract, which expires May 31, 2013, Moore said.

Is AD Micheal Moore in denial or is IUPUI itself in denial?

Or could all these student athletes be making this stuff up?

I would never allow my daughter, if I had one and had talent sufficent to play in the Summit, be part of the IUPUI women's basketball program. Not when you have coaches like AJ who put on kid glooves everyday he comes in contact with his student athletes.

Comment

well it didnt take long to find the new coach

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/womens-...=ap-iupuicoach

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
        well it didnt take long to find the new coach

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/womens-...=ap-iupuicoach
        Looks like they hired an AJ to take over. No more basement for IUPUI.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Looks like they hired an AJ to take over. No more basement for IUPUI.
          They hope that he's anywhere close to AJ quality.

I'll note that he was the assistant MEN's coach. There appears to be differences in coaching of men and of women. If IUPUI makes it to double digit wins, this will be great success. IMHO, IUPUI will be joining Centenary again that will miss out on Sioux Falls trip.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            They hope that he's anywhere close to AJ quality.

I'll note that he was the assistant MEN's coach. There appears to be differences in coaching of men and of women. If IUPUI makes it to double digit wins, this will be great success. IMHO, IUPUI will be joining Centenary again that will miss out on Sioux Falls trip.
            What made me think of AJ was his experience as a grad assistant to Coach Nagy before becoming an assistant to Nancy Nieber. How this new fellow at IUPUI does remains to be seen. Yes there is a big difference in coaching men and women bb. A good listener for starters.
            I would think he would do well having followed a real misfit, and no doubt the AD gave him a bunch of corrections to make in running the program. The other point is that Indiana has great talent to pick from. A basement program could become competitive quickly with the right kind of leadership.

Comment

Working...
            X