Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit looking at football

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Crazy Friday afternoon wishful thought of the day.

Northern Colorado leaves the Big Sky to join the Summit/MVFC as the 11th/12th member. Southern Utah joins the Big Sky in UNC's place.

MVFC West Division
    NDSU
    SDSU
    USD
    UND
    UNC
    UNI

MVFC East Division
    ISU Red
    ISU Blue
    MSU
    SIU
    WIU
    YSU

Summit League
    NDSU/UND
    SDSU/USD
    ORU/UMKC
    IPFW/OU
    WIU/IUPUI
    UNC
    I like this, especially with the addition of DU to the Summit. Call the whole thing the Valley Summit Alliance (VSA) with the Valley and Summit divisions.

Comment

saw this over on the UND board

http://news.collegesportsinfo.com/20...-house-of.html

Comment

I for one believe Summit League football can only happen if the MVFC renames themselves the Summit League Football Conference. And that would make no sense.

More likely that MVFC expands to an 11 or 12 team conference, looking more like the CAA and BSC. That would also be the UXD's best chance to get out of the pending purgatory when Poly and Davis depart Great West.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
          I for one believe Summit League football can only happen if the MVFC renames themselves the Summit League Football Conference. And that would make no sense.

More likely that MVFC expands to an 11 or 12 team conference, looking more like the CAA and BSC. That would also be the UXD's best chance to get out of the pending purgatory when Poly and Davis depart Great West.
          I would agree. I look for the MVFC to pick up USD and UND before they get an invite to the Big Sky.

Comment

Working...
          X