NDSU v. IUPUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU v. IUPUI

Evidently, after the game in Fargo last night there was a little confrontation between some NDSU fans and the IUPUI coaches. According to some folks on bisonville, some of the players on the IUPUI bench wanted to meet them outside.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Re: NDSU v. IUPUI

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Evidently, after the game in Fargo last night there was a little confrontation between some NDSU fans and the IUPUI coaches. According to some folks on bisonville, some of the players on the IUPUI bench wanted to meet them outside.

Doesn't surprise me in-the-least.

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I think the administration at NDSU needs to do something. The behavior of NDSU fans at Frost and at the Summit league tourney is an indication that there is a problem. Those were not just isolated incidences.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        I think the administration at NDSU needs to do something. The behavior of NDSU fans at Frost and at the Summit league tourney is an indication that there is a problem. Those were not just isolated incidences.
        Agreed...and without calling them out, we all know who they are. If nothing else, I'd be embarrassed to be a grown man acting the way some of them do. You should have heard them at the FB game last year....UPD and Brookings police had to be by them the entire game to keep them in line...
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Udot of the North?

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            Udot of the North?
            I don't think that Udot's fanbase is as out-of-control as select NDSU fans are at this point. Perhaps in the past they were, but that was back when we all were in a division and conference that seemed to be fine with looking the other way.

This is DI. Act like grown-up.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I don't think that Udot's fanbase is as out-of-control as select NDSU fans are at this point. Perhaps in the past they were, but that was back when we all were in a division and conference that seemed to be fine with looking the other way.

This is DI. Act like grown-up.
              Agreed. It isn't their fan base as a whole, just a few idiots. If you let a few idiots act like idiots other lesser idiots who haven't been acting like idiots start acting like idiots as well and then you're screwed. Sometimes even people who aren't idiots start to act like one. Take European soccer for instance.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                I wouldn't throw stones in a glass house... Not saying SDSU fans are as bad as lakes but I have met a few and heard of a few instances.

NDSU's admin is very aggressive about this kind of thing, Gene Taylor was on it as soon he got into work today apologizing to IUPUI and adding security around the opponents bench. This won't happen again, but then again it has never been issue in the first place at basketball games.

As for other venues, NDSU's admin can't do anything about Frost or SF, they only have control of their venues.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                  I wouldn't throw stones in a glass house... Not saying SDSU fans are as bad as lakes but I have met a few and heard of a few instances.

NDSU's admin is very aggressive about this kind of thing, Gene Taylor was on it as soon he got into work today apologizing to IUPUI and adding security around the opponents bench. This won't happen again, but then again it has never been issue in the first place at basketball games.

As for other venues, NDSU's admin can't do anything about Frost or SF, they only have control of their venues.
                  Point understood. I don't have the opportunity to travel to as many games as I would like. I can assure you that our fans are not allowed to berate opposing players, security is right there to ensure that.

Comment

Here is Hunter's take...

http://216.117.157.184/740thefan/upl...n%20Hunter.mp3

Comment

Why is it always a handful of people that ruin it for everyone?

I will never understand why people are not embarrassed by their actions. It does not matter if it is Division I or III. Certain fans should get a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                        Thanks for the link.

One can assume is was the same few clowns that were at Frost, they do their University proud, that is for sure.

These guys sure are making a bad name for themselves....and what's crazy is they constantly make excuses for it, rather than own up, and act and be an adult. (For the record, had I been security at the NDSU/SDSU game, I'da tossed the SDSU fan out that threw the coke at the few clowns below him, and issued stern warnings to the few NDSU fans about the proper way to act, so as to avoid liquids being launched in their direction.)

Embarrassing, to say the least.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          Thanks for the link.

One can assume is was the same few clowns that were at Frost, they do their University proud, that is for sure.

These guys sure are making a bad name for themselves....and what's crazy is they constantly make excuses for it, rather than own up, and act and be an adult.

Embarrassing, to say the least.
                          Someone should have made them go out into the parking lot with the IUPUI players. I think I have a pretty good idea who would have gotten the better of that.

Comment

So they've got a police officer behind the bench for every game now.

Way to go Bison idiots. Do you know how bad you made your favorite team look?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                              So they've got a police officer behind the bench for every game now.

Way to go Bison idiots. Do you know how bad you made your favorite team look?
                              They should have one there for every conference game, they probably would have diffused that situation, that is why they are in place for big games and all football games.

One of the issues here is that in the past opposing coaches reacted differently, they kind of played along with the hecklers. A cop would have told the students to shut up once it become known that Hunter wasn't going to have any of their nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                              X