Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Tourney

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
    I would love to see Oakland go home today in men's and women's 1. Because that means the men are in the title game and the women have an easier foe if they win and 2. I'm sitting right by their pep band/cheering section and that is getting annoying.

The best part about where I'm sitting when Oakland is playing is the significant amount of eye candy they brought along the sideline. Wow!

I'm laughing at the comments about the Oakland dancers. FWIW, an Oakland student won Miss Michigan 2009 and another, who is currently an OU junior and a Pistons dancer, is one of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit girls:

http://www.freep.com/article/20090301/TWIST01/903010333

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...TYLE/902240343

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...eref=fannation

Unfortunately, none of this will help OU beat SDSU on the basketball court, but I thought it was at least worth mentioning.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
      For as hot as the OU dance team is the fans have some annoying cheers, like "you can't do that" on travels. "Who cares". give them the Wisc cheering ban.
      I completely agree, I was annoyed with them after the first day.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalHouse83 View Post
        I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, so a question for those few of us with General Admission tix: where is everybody planning to sit? I'm thinking it would be a good idea to get as many of us GA ticket holders all in the same section if possible. And to throw something out for discusion: the end balcony sections in the north end may not be that bad since you can sit in the first row on the rail. If you get there early enough! Other suggestions?
        Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        All General Admission tickets are rows 14 and above in the Balcony.
        On Saturday while Volunteering at the Tournament we were told that all of end sections will be used for general admission seating(sections A, G, L, and S).

Comment

Originally posted by Germane View Post
          I'm laughing at the comments about the Oakland dancers. FWIW, an Oakland student won Miss Michigan 2009 and another, who is currently an OU junior and a Pistons dancer, is one of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit girls:
          Nice links. Heck I just got home for a quick break between sessions and 90% of the reason I stayed for the second game was to watch the OU dance team at halftime!

The Oakland and NDSU pep bands were getting into a little war during the first half. That was about the most entertaining part of the half as NDSU had a whopping 4 points with 8 minutes to go, but did trim it to 11 at the half.

You Jacks fans out there better get your drink on and vocal cords ramped up otherwise that Oakland pep band and 250 fans are going to make our 4000 fans sound pretty pathetic.

I looked at the site almost strictly for a Kangas update. No luck. Could have asked Kampe when he walked by, I'm sure he would have been thrilled to give a guy in a Jacks coat an update.

Comment

Anybody watching or listening to the NDSU game? Their play-by-play guy apparently didn't realize his off-air comments were going out on the jump-tv webcast. He had a mildly inappropriate discussion with his partner about the physical attributes of the WDAY weekend anchorwoman. She is running a camera or something at the game. A little later he was informed that he chatter was not private.
            An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
            US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

i liked his comments about the SUU cheerleaders and desire to marry a mormon woman. During the womens game his partner put his headphones down hard and the announcer was going off as in
              "He slams those down one more time I'm gonna shove em up his ==="

Comment

Originally posted by Walrus View Post
                Anybody watching or listening to the NDSU game? Their play-by-play guy apparently didn't realize his off-air comments were going out on the jump-tv webcast. He had a mildly inappropriate discussion with his partner about the physical attributes of the WDAY weekend anchorwoman. She is running a camera or something at the game. A little later he was informed that he chatter was not private.

Can't imagine the outrage that would have been expressed over on Bisonville if another school's broadcasters had done this.

Comment

It happens to the best of them. Remember Bert Blyleven's F-bombs during a recent baseball season?
                  Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                    Nice links. Heck I just got home for a quick break between sessions and 90% of the reason I stayed for the second game was to watch the OU dance team at halftime!

The Oakland and NDSU pep bands were getting into a little war during the first half. That was about the most entertaining part of the half as NDSU had a whopping 4 points with 8 minutes to go, but did trim it to 11 at the half.

You Jacks fans out there better get your drink on and vocal cords ramped up otherwise that Oakland pep band and 250 fans are going to make our 4000 fans sound pretty pathetic.

I looked at the site almost strictly for a Kangas update. No luck. Could have asked Kampe when he walked by, I'm sure he would have been thrilled to give a guy in a Jacks coat an update.
                    What was our band and cheerleaders there for? They did not do much in terms of getting the fans excited. I was rather disappointed in both squads compared to the other cheerleaders and bands.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                      What was our band and cheerleaders there for? They did not do much in terms of getting the fans excited. I was rather disappointed in both squads compared to the other cheerleaders and bands.
                      Agreed, OU's pep band, cheerleaders, and dance squad were very impressive. The Jackrabbits, not so much.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                        Agreed. If our cheerleaders want to just sit there than they can buy a ticket like everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Agreed, OU's pep band, cheerleaders, and dance squad were very impressive. The Jackrabbits, not so much.
                          Our marching band is beyond great. Our pep band is OK. I'd like to see some updated music selections and maybe a bit more muscular rhythm section. You can't fault the band members. They're excellent musicians. As a unit, though, the pep band has been doing the same songs in the same way for too many years (decades, really... I recall hearing a lot of those songs when I was in high school and going to games at Frost).

One of the good things about events like this: Fans (along with cheer and band directors) get a look at what other groups at other schools are doing. Maybe it'll get them to raise their game to compete.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I looked at all of it and viewed Oakland alot differently......as very serious and committed and even experienced. Hopefully someday State can have a showing like that.

Comment

I'm told part of the problem is that the school administration (not athletic administration) has told the band to not do some of the "peppy" things. Don't know if that's true or not, but if true, that needs to change. Hello, President Chicoine?

Regardless, the band and cheerleaders were not as good at creating the big-time atmosphere during this tournament as Oakland's, or ORU's, or even NDSU's. That's something that they need to go back and work on for next year.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                I'm told part of the problem is that the school administration (not athletic administration) has told the band to not do some of the "peppy" things. Don't know if that's true or not, but if true, that needs to change. Hello, President Chicoine?

Regardless, the band and cheerleaders were not as good at creating the big-time atmosphere during this tournament as Oakland's, or ORU's, or even NDSU's. That's something that they need to go back and work on for next year.
                                Cha-ching. That's the key, it has to be improved by next year. SDSU is the "home team" here and our notoriously unanimated crowd needs something to juice them up. Not enough people are drinking the $9 beers at the arena.

Jimmy Jack is right also. They are very, very good musicians. I've heard some awful notes come out of a lot of the bands in the last few days and the SDSU band is always very crisp when it comes to that. I know the spring break thing is hurting also. Hopefully it won't be a conflict next year.

I don't know if it's the bigger brass, but the Oakland band has always got some good umph out of it. The SDSU band needs that.

Comment

Working...
                                X