Summit League Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Tourney

I wish that I had the introduction that was given one night a long time ago in my home town. It was short, about 2 minutes at the most, and spoke to what the national anthem meant, especially in relation to what was occurring at the time it was written. At that time, people were concerned because people started clapping and cheering before the song was over. Our country was war at the time of the student read his message. I don't think I have ever seen so many old farmers reaching for their hankies and dabbing their eyes. When the band finished playing, not a sound until the colors were retired. One friend has died and one was seriously and permanently injured in our current conflicts, only because they answered the call of our country. If during a time of war, you can't understand the problems with the behavior addressed above, you have some real maturing to do. You never know if the person sitting beside you or behind is the mother, father, sibling, son or daughter of someone who has made the ultimate sacrifice, so act as if you do.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
      The announcer at the SF Arena should make sure and reiterate to the crowd they should stand and place their hand over their heart and sing along, if so choose, the national anthem and not a variation thereof and stay silent until the colors leave the court. If I happen to have a seat next to a Bison fan who screams out "home of the Bison", god help me to not punch them in the face.

Maybe the NCAA should make a little speech about disrespecting the national anthem since they are so hell-bent on these schools with Native American names being disrespectful. I would guess there are more people in this country more offended by schools screaming out their mascot name at the end of the nation's song than a school using a Native American name as their mascot.

Off the soapbox I go. It just came to me last night as I was listening to the national anthem on the radio.
      I agree, I am not a fan of schools yelling their name. It seems disrespectful too me. I am glad that our fans have more class then some by not disrespecting the national anthem.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        I now have an extra two all-session lower-level season tickets (best that could be obtained on opening day of sales in Sioux Falls). They are in Section U, Row 6, Seats 12-13. Will sell at face value to Jackrabbit fan(s). PM me (forget it Bison followers).
        Lets get this back on topic. I might also have two available in Sec O (mid court balcony) row 5 for the Mon and Tues afternoon sessions.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
          Lets get this back on topic. I might also have two available in Sec O (mid court balcony) row 5 for the Mon and Tues afternoon sessions.
          Suggestion: Those of you with tickets available (or wanting tickets) might wish to start a thread in the Summit League section to that effect. Really gung-ho types would then post the thread link to the NDSU, Oakland, Oral Roberts, and UMKC boards (being the only ones that I'm aware of that actually have traffic on them) if you want to be really nice guys.

Just a suggestion . . .
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
            I wish that I had the introduction that was given one night a long time ago in my home town. It was short, about 2 minutes at the most, and spoke to what the national anthem meant, especially in relation to what was occurring at the time it was written. At that time, people were concerned because people started clapping and cheering before the song was over. Our country was war at the time of the student read his message. I don't think I have ever seen so many old farmers reaching for their hankies and dabbing their eyes. When the band finished playing, not a sound until the colors were retired. One friend has died and one was seriously and permanently injured in our current conflicts, only because they answered the call of our country. If during a time of war, you can't understand the problems with the behavior addressed above, you have some real maturing to do. You never know if the person sitting beside you or behind is the mother, father, sibling, son or daughter of someone who has made the ultimate sacrifice, so act as if you do.

++ I'd give you positive reps but I have to spread it around first... hit you up later!

Comment

I'm stealing this post from SturgisJeff and pasting it here:
              Can anyone do the same for the Women?? I don't ever remember seeing it posted. I'm trying to plan my 4 days, considering I may have to possibly take some "me meetings" to catch some of the women's games on Monday and Tuesday afternoon.

March 7
              Game 1: (1) x-North Dakota State (13-2) vs (8) IPFW (5-9), 6:00pm
              Game 2: (2) x-Oral Roberts (11-3) vs (7) Western Illinois (6-9), 8:30pm

March 8
              Game 3: (4) Southern Utah (7-7) vs (5) South Dakota State (7-8) *, 6:00pm
              Game 4: (3) x-Oakland (9-5) vs (6) IUPUI (7-8), 8:30pm

March 9 - Semifinals
              Game 5: Game 1 vs Game 3, 6:00pm
              Game 6: Game 2 vs Game 4: 8:30pm

March 10 - Finals
              Game 7: Game 5 vs Game 6: 7:00pm (ESPN2)
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Women’s Schedule

March 7 Quarterfinals
                G1: No. 1 seed vs. No. 8 seed, noon
                G2: No. 2 seed vs. No. 7 seed, 2:30 p.m.

March 8 Quarterfinals
                G3: No. 4 seed vs. No. 5 seed, noon
                G4: No. 3 seed vs. No. 6 seed, 2:30 p.m.

March 9 Semifinals
                G5: G1 Winner vs. G3 Winner, noon
                G6: G2 Winner vs. G4 Winner, 2:30 p.m.

March 10 Championship
                G5 Winner vs. G6 Winner, 3 p.m. (ESPNU)

Summit Website here:
                http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewA...ATCLID=3640438

Comment

Frrom the OU board If the Summit Tourney was today

SUU and SDSU clinch spots in the tournament tonight

SUU and IUPUI swap #4 and #5 seeds
                  IPFW and WIU swap #7 and #8 seeds

March 7
                  Game 1: (1) x-North Dakota State (14-2) vs (8) Western Illinois (6-11), 6:00pm
                  Game 2: (2) x-Oral Roberts (13-3) vs (7) IPFW (6-10), 8:30pm

March 8
                  Game 3: (4) x-Southern Utah (8-8) vs (5) x-IUPUI (8-9), 6:00pm
                  Game 4: (3) x-Oakland (11-5) vs (6) x-South Dakota State (7-9), 8:30pm

March 9 - Semifinals
                  Game 5: Game 1 vs Game 3, 6:00pm
                  Game 6: Game 2 vs Game 4: 8:30pm

March 10 - Finals
                  Game 7: Game 5 vs Game 6: 7:00pm (ESPN2)

x-Clinched berth in the conference tournament

Comment

any one have a link to the oakland fan board?

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
                      any one have a link to the oakland fan board?

Oakland Golden Grizzlies
                      Official Site
                      Fan discussion

Comment

If the Arena is not packed to the rafters anytime the Jacks Women play there is something wrong! I think the Men will also draw well.

Comment

So two weeks from today the headline of the Argus Leader is going to read what?

Jackrabbit Women Qualify for NCAA Tournament

and

Oral Roberts Takes Summit League Tourney Title

Full disclosure I may change my mind after Saturday's NDSU/ORU tilt, but I think the "been there, done that" is going to benefit ORU in the league tournament. Jacks women that argument doesn't apply because they are just flat out better and should have a crowd to drive them home.

Comment

Kangas and Benson could carry Oakland too if they get hot. I wouldn't count them out of the tourney either. One reason why we really need to get a win on the road this week and get the 4 or 5 seed to avoid them in the first round.

Comment

Any word on ticket sales?

Comment

the big bison crowd will help them win the summit league tourney. and im cheering them on.

Comment

Working...
                                X