No announcement yet.

Summit League Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the local coverage was terrible for the Media Day. You have to really search for links. I finally found some interview links over on USD Fan forum of all places. Nothing from Matt Zimmer in terms of video?

Comment

I'm not going to lie, I am really jealous of the coverage NDSU gets from Dom Izzo. I hope at some point SF Live can put out that type of coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
        I'm not going to lie, I am really jealous of the coverage NDSU gets from Dom Izzo. I hope at some point SF Live can put out that type of coverage.
        Shall we start a petition to have them hire Tanner Castora to focus on Jacks?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Shall we start a petition to have them hire Tanner Castora to focus on Jacks?
          I would be the first to sign that petition. I'm not saying Zimmer doesn't provide good Jacks coverage, I am referring to the type of coverage Izzo provides (Hot Mic with Dom Izzo every morning, live streamed the Summit Media day, they do a little pregame program before the football games, etc.)

Comment

I would be the first to sign that petition. I'm not saying Zimmer doesn't provide good Jacks coverage, I am referring to the type of coverage Izzo provides (Hot Mic with Dom Izzo every morning, live streamed the Summit Media day, they do a little pregame program before the football games, etc.)
            I really wish Midco or SDSU would look at him. Talented and good insight. Zimmer has done well but he's also expected to cover many other schools and things around the state so the poor guy will forever be spread thin. Midco to me seems to be scaling back their budget and focus on sports with all of their cuts sadly. Thank God for Tyler Merriam and his weekly interviews but I think fans would love more coverage throughout the week from other outlets instead of just on gameday.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

I really wish Midco or SDSU would look at him. Talented and good insight. Zimmer has done well but he's also expected to cover many other schools and things around the state so the poor guy will forever be spread thin. Midco to me seems to be scaling back their budget and focus on sports with all of their cuts sadly. Thank God for Tyler Merriam and his weekly interviews but I think fans would love more coverage throughout the week from other outlets instead of just on gameday.
              I'm pretty confident Zimmer doesn't want to do only SDSU stuff. He seems to like the metro area high school stuff and also seems to have an affinity for Augustana.

I do think when he first started the SDSU beat for the Argus he was a little annoyed and didn't seem to really enjoy it. Initially it seemed he liked to take subtle jabs. Those don't seem as frequent any more. I think he realizes the product SDSU is churning out is pretty high level.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

It will be interesting to see how Midco handles basketball broadcasts when the season kicks off next month. I'm guessing they will simulcast with the Jacks radio feed like they did last season after Tom Nieman went missing. We could do much worse than Tyler's play-by-play teamed with an analyst like Shon Morris or Newitt. Tanner would do well in that type of situation - KELO made a big mistake when they parted ways with him.

Comment

Access to that "intel" is another great benefit of subscribing to InForum/Mitchell Republic/SFLive, and having something like "Castora's Corner" would only increase my propensity to resubscribe next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

It will be interesting to see how Midco handles basketball broadcasts when the season kicks off next month. I'm guessing they will simulcast with the Jacks radio feed like they did last season after Tom Nieman went missing. We could do much worse than Tyler's play-by-play teamed with an analyst like Shon Morris or Newitt. Tanner would do well in that type of situation - KELO made a big mistake when they parted ways with him.
                    Thinking of the Inforum/WDAY parallels -- our SFLive version could have Castora as Izzo, Zim as Kolpack, and maybe Traxler as McFeely-lite for podcast-type content (similar to "Hot Mic"), and I'd be stoked if Castora replaced Newitt. Castora played D1 MBB, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Thinking of the Inforum/WDAY parallels -- our SFLive version could have Castora as Izzo, Zim as Kolpack, and maybe Traxler as McFeely-lite for podcast-type content (similar to "Hot Mic"), and I'd be stoked if Castora replaced Newitt. Castora played D1 MBB, after all.
                      The prodcast type forum is the future for independent sportscasters I think, they are their own boss to a larger degree and all they need is a platform to run their content on, like radio (any sponsor) does for Izzo. Kolpack, etc and your set . People want the info and advertiser's will advertise their products if they draw in the listeners , it's a proven model.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        The prodcast type forum is the future for independent sportscasters I think, they are their own boss to a larger degree and all they need is a platform to run their content on, like radio (any sponsor) does for Izzo. Kolpack, etc and your set . People want the info and advertiser's will advertise their products if they draw in the listeners , it's a proven model.
                        I would be pleased if my dog replaced Newitt and my dog is a dumbass, even for a dog.
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                        X