Portal-The Summit League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Demers bailing on USD the same day they announce their WNIT game tells you things were not real rosy in that locker room. She could have easily played it out for another week. It’s hard to imagine them going much longer than that.

The musings of McFeely (and others) about our stars are depressing, but not surprising. We have a couple guys lots of power teams would pay to add. I’ve numbed myself to it this year, refusing to even picture next year’s MBB roster until the bag men are done with their work.

At least the situation doesn’t feel that way with our women’s team - and maybe I’m just naive.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I'm kind of resigned to Zeke moving on after the season is done. I believe that he and Fidler are part of the first class that doesn't get an extra Covid season, so if they are going to cash in on NIL $, it's now or never. I hope William stays for another season, but he will get boatloads of dollars thrown at him. He will get a lot of exposure staying with the Jacks and getting highlight reel dunks every game. I don't know that Grant Nelson has done himself a lot of good this year by moving up a level, but his bank account certainly is bigger.

Comment

Not completely related here. I see Mark Gr. and Brooklyn M are in a BWELL ad on FB. I also have seen Brooklyn and Paige repping for Pints and Quarts. Nice to see some local places stepping up. It might not be big dollars, but its something.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        Not completely related here. I see Mark Gr. and Brooklyn M are in a BWELL ad on FB. I also have seen Brooklyn and Paige repping for Pints and Quarts. Nice to see some local places stepping up. It might not be big dollars, but its something.
        I am hoping that this is good news regarding Mark. I would think if he was planning on leaving in a little over a month he would have declined to be in their advertising.

Comment

I'm sure there will be lots of $$ thrown at Zeke and Will this off-season.

Let's hope they enjoy it here enough to stay, but if they go...that's their decision... I will honor them for their time with us.

Tough world we live in. Hopefully the young redshirts got some development time, and the recruits are ready to go.

There's a lot of talent on this roster still...and they won't all be getting Transfer offers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

I am hoping that this is good news regarding Mark. I would think if he was planning on leaving in a little over a month he would have declined to be in their advertising.
            The support at SDSU is next level when compared to other Summit schools in basketball. The fan attendance in Frost Arena and Sioux Falls absolutely make a difference when it comes to players choosing to stay vs. testing the portal.

I sat next to Matt Mims' brother at the game here in Denver. He made a comment about how crazy the level support the team gets from fans. It definitely gets noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

The support at SDSU is next level when compared to other Summit schools in basketball. The fan attendance in Frost Arena and Sioux Falls absolutely make a difference when it comes to players choosing to stay vs. testing the portal.

I sat next to Matt Mims' brother at the game here in Denver. He made a comment about how crazy the level support the team gets from fans. It definitely gets noticed.
              I was thinking that was probably a factor. As well as the "lack of toxic fans". Not saying we don't have some complainers, but B-ville has a 300 plus page thread about firing Richman (that is several years old).
              They wanted their FB coaches fired halfway through the season. I think it does make a difference.

Remember when posting here. Other fans read this. Recruits and athletes read this.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

I was thinking that was probably a factor. As well as the "lack of toxic fans". Not saying we don't have some complainers, but B-ville has a 300 plus page thread about firing Richman (that is several years old).
                They wanted their FB coaches fired halfway through the season. I think it does make a difference.

Remember when posting here. Other fans read this. Recruits and athletes read this.
                To be fair, SDSU’s coaches for the past 25 years have been:

Stig (transition to D1, consistent playoff runs, national title)
                Jimmy Rogers (national title 1st year)

Scott Nagy (D2 success, got SDSU through rough D1 transition, got to tournament)
                TJ Otzelberger (2 tourney invites, has had great success at Iowa State)
                Hendo (2 tourney invites already)

Johnston (do I even need to say anything? d2 national champs, 12 tourney invites, multiple tournament wins) -- (JackJD added: reached the Sweet Sixteen in the 2019 NCAA Dance).

SDSU has had only great coaches in the “big 3” for a long, long time. Do not take that for granted!!!

Last edited by JackJD; 03-19-2024, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Saw a post on Twitter that 38 women's teams have had their leading scorer enter the portal in the first two days. None from the Summit yet.

Comment

Tyree Ihenacho leaving Grand Forks in the rear view for the second time. Unlimited transfers without sitting and NIL $ is going to kill college sports, especially the mid-majors. Sather is going from having a competitive program to being in the basement again.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Just saw a post on Bisonville that Andrew Morgan is entering the portal.
                      Morgan confirmed to be in the portal. Going to be rebuilding time at both ND schools.

Comment

The First Team All-Summit purge is nearly complete. ORU's Issac McBride hits the portal.

Comment

The First Team All-Summit purge is nearly complete. ORU's Issac McBride hits the portal.
                          Kudos to him for sticking around for another year after Mills, Abmas, and co all left

Comment

2nd team purge is complete. Only 3 of the 16 now appear to be returning (so far... that can change anytime too) - Jamar Brown UMKC, Kaleb Stewart USD, Touko Tainamo Denver.

Purple below is graduated players - either "retiring" or out of eligibility. All the greens are transfer portals.... It's certainly not just hitting SDSU. The Summit is going to continue to be mediocre to bad in years to come now... Destined to be a 1-bid league in the 15-16 seed range. I would bet though the other lower conferences are seeing the same thing... so maybe we'll sneak out a 14 every once in awhile....

Good luck to all these guys seeking greener pastures... I sincerely hope it works out for them for their own sake.

First Team
                            Jamar Brown, Kansas City (Jr., G) + All-Newcomer + Newcomer of the year
                            Gd - Tommy Bruner, Denver** (Sr., G)
                            TP - Frankie Fidler, Omaha** (Jr., F)
                            TP - William Kyle III, South Dakota State (So., F) + All-Defensive
                            TP - Zeke Mayo, South Dakota State^** (Jr., G)
                            TP - B.J. Omot, North Dakota (So., G)

Second Team
                            Gd - Raheem Anthony, St. Thomas (Gr., G) + All-Newcomer
                            Gd - Parker Bjorklund, St. Thomas** (Gr., F)

TP - Tyree Ihenacho, North Dakota (Sr., G)
                            TP - Issac McBride, Oral Roberts** (Sr., G)
                            TP - Andrew Morgan, North Dakota State (Jr., F)

Honorable Mention
                            Gd - Charlie Easley, South Dakota State (Sr., G) + All-Defensive
                            TP - Boden Skunberg, North Dakota State** (Sr., G)

Kaleb Stewart, South Dakota (Jr., G) + All-Newcomer
                            Touko Tainamo, Denver (Jr., F)
                            Gd - Lahat Thioune, South Dakota (Gr., F) + All-Newcomer

Comment

https://x.com/mikesautter_/status/17...D8YckE7lg9IPQw
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Serious question. How is this good for college basketball? I don't see benefit in all of this at all.

I wonder how many kids that attend 3 or 4 schools actually graduate.

Comment

Working...
                                X