Portal-The Summit League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

The Golden Eagles and Pios are looking at rebuild after graduations and transfers.
    And USD. St. Thomas will also look different because of graduations and Rohde entering the portal.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Denver guard Tevin Smith has entered the portal.
      Smith is definitely a stud!!
      but they do have 2 other excellent guards and mostly played this year without him anyway. the big center transfer from stanford will be a tougher replacement

for ORU it sure seemed like Thompson was planning to be gone regardless. wonder if any chance Mills takes him at WSU. that will be interesting

Comment

Not through the portal, but Kruz Perrott-Hunt is leaving USD to play professionally overseas. The Yotes lose their entire starting five, unless Tasos or AJ change their minds and return.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

Smith is definitely a stud!!
          but they do have 2 other excellent guards and mostly played this year without him anyway. the big center transfer from stanford will be a tougher replacement

for ORU it sure seemed like Thompson was planning to be gone regardless. wonder if any chance Mills takes him at WSU. that will be interesting
          That wouldn't be a "shocker"

Comment

Max Abmas has entered the portal. The Summit League is going to be one of the worst MBB conferences in the nation next year.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
              Max Abmas has entered the portal. The Summit League is going to be one of the worst MBB conferences in the nation next year.
              That should make NDSU and the Jacks the teams to beat. And should Nelson end up leaving, the Jacks should have the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
                it feels a bit disingenuous if anyone is acting surprised these players are leaving ORU

i feel like EVERYTHING anyone ever heard was that this was the final year for most to all of them in tulsa

Abmas and Thompson along with several others DID participate in senior day ceremonies. maybe they were keeping a small crack in the door to come back but it seems to me they were ALWAYS planning to be in the draft, grad transfer, or retire from basketball

who knows?? maybe getting dominated in an embarrassing manner by duke who was then convincingly beaten the following game and having their coach leave the school did something to make them reconsider their plans???

anyway it just feels like there was never any serious expectation that Abmas was gonna be at ORU this year and several other key pieces were on the bus with him

Comment

G Eli King goes from Iowa State to UND.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    G Eli King goes from Iowa State to UND.
                    Good pickup for them. He struggles to shoot it but his athleticism should help UND win some games.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

Good pickup for them. He struggles to shoot it but his athleticism should help UND win some games.
                      It would be interesting to know what other offers he had this time around. He had a number of P6 offers out of high school, including some B1G schools.

Comment

https://lacrossetribune.com/sports/h...897b3eea2.html

Had visited Green Bay and had one planned for Indiana State before committing to UND. Sounds like interest was not nearly as high as it was for him out of high school. That was a high bar.

Comment

Abmas to the longhorns

i expect he will be fine. I do not know enough about their roster to predict his role. is he a surefire starter? i think they lost a lot of key players to graduation. Hunter who transferred from ISU the year before will only be a junior and did play point at ISU.
                          I readily admit i could be wrong on this one but i doubt he makes as big of impact for them as Baylor did at Creighton. and that is NOT all about Max and Baylor. UT has a new coach and i believe will have quite a few new players. Baylor went to a very established coach and a team with a very established nucleus. and McDermott runs a program that was a super smooth transition for him. maybe it will be the same for Max, but i sure am not willing to bet much money on it

Kind of interesting that ORU could have had basically the whole team back, including the coach. and EVERYONE chose to leave? we did have plenty of pieces coming back after our undefeated league run, but Doug was done and that was a huge difference for Baylor

Comment

Grant Nelson gets invited to the Draft Combine. Ups his chances of getting drafted. And if he gets told he won't get drafted, he likely will be advised that he needs to up his level of competition.

Comment

Connor Vanover from ORU has entered the portal
                              also more ORU news - Patrick Mwamba has committed to Loyola Chicago

Comment

Grant Nelson of NDSU and Shemarri Allen of UMKC to the portal. Both made all-conference teams this year

Comment

Working...
                                X