Portal-The Summit League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
    Grant Nelson of NDSU and Shemarri Allen of UMKC to the portal. Both made all-conference teams this year
    KC's other stud guard Mitchell also entered yesterday. Nelson's offers and NIL money will make what Baylor got look like peanuts. If he goes, the Jacks should be the clear cut pre-season Summit favorite.

Comment

I just don't get the hype with Grant Nelson. I haven't watched ALOT but afaict he's 6'11 and can jump and shoot it decently well. Not great, but good enough against the competition he plays. Like BS, it would be interesting to watch him in a high major conference, but of course it would again deplete the SL.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
        I just don't get the hype with Grant Nelson. I haven't watched ALOT but afaict he's 6'11 and can jump and shoot it decently well. Not great, but good enough against the competition he plays. Like BS, it would be interesting to watch him in a high major conference, but of course it would again deplete the SL.
        I kind of feel the same way that you do, but it deserves a little dive into the numbers of when we played the Bison this year..

We played the Bison three times this year and here were his numbers:

In Fargo: In Brookings: SLT:
        Rebounds: 8 Rebounds 15 Rebounds: 22
        Assists; 3 Assists: 2 Assists: 2
        Blocks: 1 Blocks: 0 Blocks: 2
        FG: 7/16 44% FG: 10/13 77% FG: 6/13 46%
        3pt FG: 1/6 17% 3pt FG: 2/3 67% 3pt FG: 1/4 25%
        Minutes: 36 Minutes: 30 Minutes: 39

In Fargo, I thought Nelson wasn't very effective and we did a good job on him defensively and he still had 17 & 8. In Brookings, he had a very quiet 27 and 15 in shich he had some foul trouble. Both Zeke and Nelson put on a show that night. In the SLT tournament, he was the best player on the floor hands down.

Combining his length and agility with his stats and he will command plenty of attention. His being in the portal will be interesting. He should get some crazy NIL offers.

Will be interesting to see his path forward and compare it to Daum. I'd think Daum's game projected a little better to the pro game but I'm not qualified to make that argument.

Finally, it is sad to see all these players leaving the conference. That may benefit the Jacks in the short term but it hurts every team and the conference long-term. The NIL sucks but I sure don't blame the kids for taking advantage of the opportunity.

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Length and numbers. No doubt about that ! Personally, I'd like to see him in a Hawkeye or Badger uniform. Maybe SDSU could catch him in the non-conference. Road game of course.

Comment

According to college BB writer Jeff Goodman, Grant Nelson is withdrawing from the draft and is looking for a new school to transfer to. The Summit has lost almost all of its first and second all-league players to graduation or the portal. Zeke is the only first teamer left, and McBride from ORU is the only one left from the second team. This should make the Jacks the odds-on preseason pick to win the conference title next season.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              According to college BB writer Jeff Goodman, Grant Nelson is withdrawing from the draft and is looking for a new school to transfer to. The Summit has lost almost all of its first and second all-league players to graduation or the portal. Zeke is the only first teamer left, and McBride from ORU is the only one left from the second team. This should make the Jacks the odds-on preseason pick to win the conference title next season.
              Easily pre-season favorite even though its probably not worth boasting about. Good to see that Zeke has embraced the yellow and blue for next year. Could be a surprisingly good one I think.

Comment

Hard to reach the Summit when they turn the Summit League into the Farm League.

Comment

Grant Nelson commits to Alabama.

Comment

http://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/statu...64948311879680

Comment

Just saw this. The commit was reported by a couple of national reporters, but very well might not be a done deal.

Comment

If true, is bad for the Summit League.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          If true, is bad for the Summit League.
                          NIL is bad for the Summit League.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Just saw this. The commit was reported by a couple of national reporters, but very well might not be a done deal.
                            Looks much more official now: Grant Nelson to Alabama.
                            https://twitter.com/_NickKelly/statu...09891177218053
                            https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...95070176325632
                            https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/sta...96968836972559
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Sounds like he needed to complete a summer class at NDSU in order to have enough credits to transfer and be eligible right away.

Comment

It appears Trey Phipps is leaving ORU & BJ Omot will be leaving Grand Forks.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X